New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

The Ritz-Carlton, Buckhead
Ranked #11 of 171 Hotels in Atlanta
GreenLeadersSilver level
Hinsdale, Illinois
“Even better the second time!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 13, 2013

We stayed here in the fall of 2012. We were anxious to return. The hotel did not disappoint us with its service, amenities and restaurant. The first time we stayed our room was looking a little shabby and needed refurbishing. This time the room was very pretty and bright. The hotel staff was unfazed by the many events being held in the hotel during our stay. We felt pampered and important. My favorite part of our stay is still the wonderful breakfast! I cannot wait to return!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (228)
  • Korean first
Powder Springs, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 9, 2013

This property is located in waking distance to many restaurants and includes being right across the street from one of Atlanta's best malls. It was great! We took our kids and there was plenty to do.
They have an indoor pool which was a bonus since we went in the fall.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Brasilia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 5, 2013

This hotel was a great surprise for us. It was our first trip together to Atlanta and we stayed for 3 days before going on a road trip down Georgia's coast. The staff was very polite and helpful, the room was clean and spacious. Lots of amenities to pamper us. The gym was great and I had a great time with my daughter. Whenever needed we had a quick response from the hotel staff. The location couldn't be better. Lots of restaurants and shopping centers surrounding the Hotel. On sunday, before the game, we had a marvelous brunch - don't miss it, ever! I would like to leave a special note to a hotel employee, Ms. Ashley Izydore Guest Relations Coordinator. She really outdid herself, making sure everything I asked for happened as planned. We had a bottle of white wine and macaroons waiting for us. I wish we had the proper time to thank her personally, and we hope to be back to do so. I would recommend this hotel to anyone going to Atlanta. Again, I would like to thank all of the Hotel staff and specially Ms. Ashley Izydore Guest Relations Coordinator.

Room Tip: Try the sunday brunch!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 2, 2013

Living in a northern suburb of Atlanta anytime we want to go into the city to stay....this is our choice! This is a great hotel. We stayed here for two nights on our honeymoon. Concierge level is the best. The food is wonderful and you would never need to go out if you did not want to. Service is the best, it's a Ritz. Fantastic Buckhead location best shopping in Atlanta. Can't go wrong!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 25, 2013

Don't get me wrong - this hotel is beautiful and extremely clean. I was just expecting something more (don't ask what). I found the rooms and bathroom to be a bit on the small size. And funny, after reading the other reviews about the bouncy beds - I too was awoken in the morning by my husband turning over in bed. I'm biased too though, we sleep on a temperpedic at home - so I'm not used to much movement. The one thing that did bother me was the pretentious clientele in the lobby and in the lounges. I'm not used to being looked up and down by every woman in the place. It made me uncomfortable - as if they were judging me as if I didn't "belong". Ugh. Get over yourself!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank torav
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 25, 2013 via mobile

The Ritz is a great hotel well staffed. The staff was amazing. You are in the heart of Buckhead with plenty of shopping and dinning opportunities. HOWEVER this comes with a prices. The traffic is HORRIBLE. It took me 30 mins to go 4 miles down the road.

The other down fall is that the Ritz DO NOT honnor Marriott Platuim status so there was no upgrade to the exec lounge. This really bothered me. If I was staying more than 2 days I would have definetly moved to another Marriott owned hotel (The Renaissance hotels honor Marriott status)

• Stayed January 2013
Atlanta
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

My wife and I recently had a Staycation at the Ritz to have a little getaway from the kids and to do some holiday shopping (hotel is right next door to two fantastic malls). We don't get out often so we splurged and stayed in the Buckhead Suite. Wow is all I can say. It was spacious, with incredible sky line views from each side of the room (read corner unit). If your budget allows, I highly recommend the upgrade. Staff and service were second to none. Take advantage of the hotel SUV to shuttle you back in forth in the area. It's available on demand.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple