“Much more than expected.” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Quality Suites Buckhead Village

Quality Suites Buckhead Village
Ranked #75 of 172 Hotels in Atlanta
Meriden, Connecticut
“Much more than expected.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2012

I drove down to Atlanta to stay here for one night. I wasn't familiar with the area, but it seemed to be easy to get to and from what pictures I saw of it, it seemed to suit the purpose. What a tremendous surprise! This was more of a small condo than a hotel room. First off, it has been recently acquired from another chain, so renovations are certainly not complete. Please don't let this turn you off. The check in staff was extremely friendly, she was very helpful with informing me on how to get to a nearby University, especially since driving in Atlanta is horrible. My room(s) were on the first floor. The best thing about this: there was only one room next to me and a solid staircase enclosing the end leading upstairs. Minimal foot traffic and no place for anyone to hide. Perfect for when you are traveling alone. Imagine my surprise when I walk into a living room, literally. Couch, end tables, coffee table, flat screen, lamps and magazines. Just behind that is a work station, high speed internet ready, desk, lamp and a relatively good quality office chair. Just to the right of the work station and behind the living room is FULL KITCHEN. FULL FRIDGE, dishwasher, microwave, doubly sink, oven and electric stove, even provided plastic silverware and some kitchen utensils. Aside from that, there were large windows with wooden blinds in all the rooms. The bed was comfortable, another large tv. A walk in closet was a surprise, there was a seperate bath and even a vanity seat to one side of the sink. A full length mirror and a safe were also included. As I said, the place is under renovation; so were there some paint chips, sure. Was the carpet perfect, close to. Would I stay here again, without hesitation. This is the type of hotel you can stay at for a weekend (or longer) and feel like you have all the comforts of home. I highly recommend.

Room Tip: I liked the first floor because it was a bit more secluded. If this is not as important issue than I...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Patricia K

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Lincolnton, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2012

Very nice rooms with separate bedroom area and kitchen with full refrigerator and stove/oven. Breakfast was good with waffle maker. The only downfall was no elevator and they have 3 floors. Forgot to ask about internet but wireless must require password because it was a secure network

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Idaho
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2012

This property took over a previous Holiday Inn Express location. It is close to many restaurants. It is in a good part of Atlanta in the Bulkhead area. Located next to a public park with tennis courts.
Staff was amazingly helpful. Originally scheduled to stay just one night as I wanted to try a variety of properties during my long stay in Atlanta. But ended staying there for five nights as they were meeting my needs for location, proximity to my meeting places, safety, cleanliness and a suitable room configuration.
Breakfast is adequate. The prices were reasonable. The staff made a lot of accommodating to my stay extension. I was very appreciative since my schedule had some volatility to it on a daily basis.
Free laundry made it more convenient for me to have clean clothes since my schedule was undetermined. Will definitely recommend and consider staying here again on my next visit.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank Kenyamite K
Albany, Georgia, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2012

Upon arrival the lady acted like it was an inconvenience to get up from the desk in the back and wait on my at the counter. She laid the keys on the counter while working and I noticed it said 222. I asked if that was second floor and she said yes. I told her I had requested a first floor when making the reservation two weeks earlier and she stated they didn't have any rooms on ground floor available very matter of fact. She continues with check in, never mentioned breakfast like they always have in the past. We unload and walk the small hike to the room. At 3:10 a.m. my husband jumps and startles me awake to find a rather large roach crawling on his face.He slaps the roach to the floor and chases it and gets rid of it. He calls the front desk to let them know what has happened and the man that answers the phone stated he would have maintenance take care of it the following morning. We then stay awake the rest of the night until time to leave for the hospital. He couldn't sleep thinking another roach was around there. I checked out the next morning and asked for the number to the corporate office and they never asked what was wrong, just told me they were owned by choice hotels. We have stayed at this hotel many times when it was Holiday Inn Express through my husbands illness we were in Atlanta a good bit off and on and never had a complaint but this was a very miserable night and we don't plan to stay at this hotel again. They could have at least acted like they cared about what was going on. This stay was on 7-17-2012.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Denise C
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2012 via mobile

The hotel is located in the more wealthy part of Atlanta and is 14 minutes from all the attractions. The room is adequate for sleep and a shower the room is very clean and the service is great at the front door. No issues during our stay. If you want a $100 hotel pay for it. I walked into this hotel knowing what to expect and so should you.

Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Phoenix, Arizona
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2012

Had a great overnight stay. This is a great location. It is a little dated however they are going to remodel so I am looking forward to staying there again. Comfy bed clean bathroom and it was very large and quiet.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank SK8CJ
atlanta ga
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2012

1. The hotel is very old and dated. I am not sure what the property was previously, but it is a recent change since the old sign was covered with a temporary sign
I requested a room on a lower level and close to elevator (see point #2). I was not told during the reservation process that the hotel didn't have an elevator - even with requesting a room on the lower level and close to an elevator. When I arrived I was told the only rooms available were on the third floor.
2. The hotel does not have an elevator and carrying luggage up 3 flights is very awkward and heavy.
3. The high speed internet access gateway was very unstable and the signal strength never made it above the level of poor. My wife and I would continually get disconnected from the wireless connection network. Since we needed to get work done while we were working/getting away, this was basically impossible
4. The carpet in room 322 was dirty and had not been vacuumed plus it needed to be cleaned.
5. The tub was not clean.
6. The beds are the hardest I have ever encountered in a Choice property. I travel for work each week, so I am in a hotel a lot! Often times I am in a Choice or Hampton Inn property. We could not get a decent night's sleep.
7. The whirlpool was not operating.
8. The A/C had difficulty keeping the room cool.

Pros: It was in a great location for the Buckhead/Lenox Mall area.
The suite was a large size with full kitchen

Overall Assessment: I would not stay at this hotel again. A good price does not make up for sleepless nights and an unclean room.

Room Tip: Corner Suite is large and roomy There is not an elevator. Property is large and built like a maze...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple