“Great hotel, great experience, great staff.”

Sonesta ES Suites Atlanta
Ranked #65 of 172 Hotels in Atlanta
Reviewed April 5, 2010

Spent 4 nights at the Staybridge Suites Atlanta Perimeter Center West hotel in a 2 BR, 2 bath suite with living room & full kitchen with stove top but no oven. All cooking utensils & dishes were provided, as well as a blender, can opener & coffee maker. Two friends met me there and shared the unit. Arrived on a Thursday afternoon and enjoyed the welcome reception with free Nachos, as well as sodas, wine & beer. The lobby/dining area of the hotel is very nice. Complimentary hot breakfast was also served every morning.

One of my friends used the sofa bed, which was not very comfortable. The 2nd day we had the hotel shuttle take us to Trader Joe's. On the way, we mentioned getting a different mattress for the sofa bed. By the time we got back to the room, they had already brought us a mattress. Instead of using the sofa bed, the 2nd night, she put both mattresses on the floor and said that was much better.

There is a small "store" in the lobby area with a wide variety of snacks, beverages, water, ice cream, toiletries and other misc. for purchase.

Parking was free. The shuttle would go anywhere within a 5 mile radius. The Sandy Springs MARTA station was less than 3 miles away. The morning I checked out, I did not call for the shuttle in advance and when I went to the lobby, it had just left, so I had to wait about 15 min for the next shuttle to take me to the MARTA station. Luckily, I had decided to head to the airport about 45 min earlier than originally planned, so that 15 min really didn't matter, just gave me time to relax and read while waiting in the lobby rather than in my room.

Internet in the room was free, as was the use of the computers/printer in the business center. There was a nice fitness center, but I didn't use it. And an outdoor pool, but it was much too cold to swim.

I would definitely stay here again and I would definitely recommend this hotel to other friends. Any staff member we talked to was very nice and they were eager to help with any requests we had from getting directions to bringing anything we needed to the room. I had booked the reservation directly with the hotel for $99 night, but my friend found it on the internet through Travelocity for $79/night just a few days before we went, so I booked it on Travelocity, then called and canceled the previous room. We had a lower level room.

The only complaint I would have was that the girls in the room next to ours were smokers. The rooms were non-smoking, so they stood outside their door to smoke. We never heard them talking, but the smoke was filtered through the vent system and at times, it was so strong in our room that they might as well had been standing in our room.

Stayed: February 2010, traveled solo
There are newer reviews for Sonesta ES Suites Atlanta

Reviewed March 16, 2010

We needed a last minute place to stay a couple of nights near Atlanta. We used priority rewards. The breakfast was good and the hotel was very clean. It is not the newest place but it was very well maintained...very quiet...very nice. The only bad thing I can say is that it's one of those places that you may have to walk up 2 flights of outside stairs to get to your room but I honestly didn't mind because I can alway use the extra exercise. The dog walk area was a little lacking but my dog didn't seem to mind...lol. Great location...great value!

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed February 2, 2010

This hotel was great and if u know anything about Atlanta it is about 15 minutes from downtown. we got a great deal thru Hotels.com. The Room was great but my only complain was the lack of concern for getting my family extra facecloths. We had a baby with us so we needed those.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed January 21, 2010

this was our fist time at a staybridge suites. the pictures didnt do it justice. the rooms were immaculate and the staff was great. we stayed at the atlanta perimeter west on mt vernon hwy. it rained the whole time and we didnt even care. we drove 6 hours to see the sights in atlanta but were so comfortable we never left the room! we plan on returning for valentines weekend.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank jsnnybnny
Reviewed January 12, 2010

My only guess as to why there are any positive reviews of this hotel is that people may be confusing it with the other nearby much newer Staybridge Suites location. I can't caution people enough about the poor quality of this particular Staybridge Suites. I've stayed at multiple Staybridge Suites locations during business travel over the last few years and this is the first time I've had a bad experience.

Here are just a few of the problems I had with this hotel:
*The door to our room barely closed - getting the deadbolt & other lock to engage was really difficult. This was especially important since all the room doors open to the exterior.
*There were holes in the sheets on our bed. Not like a small hole, more like a giant worn patch that was immediately obvious just glancing at the bed. When we reported it to the front desk, their attitude was basically "oh well".
*The furniture is in dire need of replacement. The couch cushions were basically worn down to the point of not being cushions any longer, the bed was floppy, the chairs were in disrepair.
*The cover was missing on the power outlet right next to the bed.
*The microwave was barely functional and incredibly loud.
*You could hear people in all of the surrounding suites moving around and got cooking smells from other units as well. In addition, whenever someone walked on the exterior stairs to get to their suites, it sounded like herd of elephants was moving through our room. The exterior stairs are all built of wood and incredibly noisy.
*The majority of channels on the TV either had static or were just unavailable.
*Temperature control in the suite was terrible. The thermostat was ancient, the heating unit was super noisy, and you were either roasting in the bedroom or freezing in the living room - not comfortable in any of the suite.

I'm glad we were only staying here for one night. For an extended stay, it would have been completely unacceptable. Overall, this property is in serious need of updating. It's a mess, a badly designed, badly maintained, and overpriced mess. Strongly suggest avoiding this hotel & going with higher quality locations or other hotels in the area.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank kimz0519
Reviewed January 1, 2010

We loved this hotel. We had a lovely 2-bedroom suite on the back side of the complex, which was so quiet, we kept oversleeping! Each bedroom had its own bathroom. The TV had a DVD player, which the child with us enjoyed. The beds were very comfortable, and a variety of pillows were supplied. There's a 24-hour mart with snacks and sandwiches, which pleased the male in the group. There's a pool (closed in December) and a hot tub. The breakfast was really good, with something for everyone- cereal, scrambled eggs with salsa and cheese to top them with, waffles, bagels, yoghurt, fresh fruit, juice, coffee, tea, etc. The gluten sensitive person in our group was very happy to have the egg and yoghurt options- so many hotels only offer muffins and bread. The location was perfect for us- easy access to 285 and 400, near Perimeter Mall, which has a Macy's, Dillards, Bloomingdale's and Nortdstrom's, as well as a MARTA train station for easy access to downtown. The rate we paid in December was half the price of the Residence Inn we've used before and the TownePlace Suites we stayed in in Huntsville, AL- remarkable value for Atlanta.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled with family
An Agoda Traveler
Reviewed December 17, 2009

• Stayed: December 2009
Also consider these accommodations in or near Atlanta
Homewood Suites by Hilton Atlanta / Perimeter Center
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Atlanta Perimeter Center
Staybridge Suites Atlanta - Perimeter Center East
Hyatt Place Atlanta Perimeter Center
Hampton Inn Atlanta-Perimeter Center
Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Atlanta Perimeter Center

Been to Sonesta ES Suites Atlanta? Share your experiences!