“I liked it but over priced for the room!”

Sonesta ES Suites Atlanta
Ranked #57 of 174 Hotels in Atlanta
“I liked it but over priced for the room!”
Reviewed May 25, 2014 via mobile

Spacious but the rooms need to be upgraded . The bathrooms and box TV's. One out of three TV's was working properly. We called to let them know they said they would come and replace it and never did. So 3 days and no tv.They came up with excuses and told us they would give use coupons by email. I never got them. Also don't let the people at the front desk scam you out of $50 saying it's for a security deposit. It's a lie!! They told me I would get it back in 7-14 days. It's a lie!!!!

• Stayed February 2014
1 Thank cook29680

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
  • Korean first
Macon, Georgia
Reviewed May 13, 2014

We stayed here during a "fun" weekend trip to Atlanta. The room was beautiful and comfortable. I liked the location as well as it was near the venues we were visiting. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The only complaint I have is the walls were a little thin and we could hear the children next door occasionally. But, I would definitely stay here again!!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Arose531
Lakeland, Florida
Reviewed April 13, 2014

Wow! I agonize over choosing the right hotel for my family, and worried that this would be too good to be true, two full bedrooms and a kitchen area with stove, but this was the best! It was like staying at timeshare. Our young daughters were thrilled by their own bathroom and we had some precious privacy during a busy family vacation. The breakfasts and light dinners that they served M-W saved us so much and the staff was amazing with special requests. Be aware that there is not an elevator, so if you can't manage stairs, be sure to ask for the bottom floor. We had a wonderful time!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Rose F
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed March 26, 2014

This is an extended stay suite and one would choose this place for stays of 5 days and more. Room is spacious with a separate bedroom accessed through double doors. My room had a King bed only and it was comfortable. TVs in bedroom as well as living room. The one in the bedroom is the older CRT type. Kitchen has full sized fridge, dishwasher, microwave oven and 2 ring electric cooktop.

Standard hot and cold breakfast items are available. No complaints here.

If you are staying for extended periods, you would need to do laundry and this is where the hotel fails. Some of the washing machines are in dire need of repair or replacement. Dryers too as it can take 2 hours to dry. They don't charge for the use of the machines. I was here during off peak season and despite this I found myself competing with many guests for the laundry facilities.

Since I could not get my laundry to dry completely, I thought of using the hair dryer in my room to dry the clothes. Alas, the hair dryer didn't work. I resorted to the iron which thankfully did the job. Took far more time than intended.

Doing laundry is a frustrating experience and I suggest looking at independent coin laundry services in some other location. Hotel is in a good neighborhood so you won't find laundromats nearby.

I had a discounted rate for the room which makes it tolerable. If I had to pay full rate, I would be willing to pay a bit more at a far better extended stay hotel where everything works.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank Deepslumber
Reviewed March 18, 2014

In short the rooms weren't as clean as it could have been. The ceiling is thin; could hear every step the people above us made. The rooms are very outdated and breakfast selection and taste was below average. Staff friendly but I won't be back.

• Stayed March 2014
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed March 5, 2014

My review would be a mix of personal emotions and the wonderful experience I have had during months stay and I continue to stay with them.

Having relocated to Atlanta to chase my entrepreneurial dream - Sonesta has been a true business partner- be in terms of the facilities they provide in terms of the business center, conference rooms - excellent support staff especially Shantell.

The best is reserved for Marc Greenberg - GM Sonesta Suites - who is one of the best people manager and client manager I have come across in my 15 years of professional experience working across Fortune Corporations. What really caught my attention is the amount of time he spends not just in greeting but meeting almost every customer - conversing with them during social's , breakfast or just in general.

When he understood my requirement and the kind of support I need he ensured that every other logistical issues is taken care off and I could focus completely on my business.

I may not have all the appropriate words to write this review but Marc and his team does everything to make every customer feel at home away from home.

I would highly recommend everyone especially business travelers to stay at Sonesta Suites.

Santosh Kumar -

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank Santosh K
Braselton, Georgia
Reviewed March 3, 2014

Stayed one night at this hotel and enjoyed it. The location is convenient to the Perimeter/Dunwoody area but also tucked away into a more residential area so it's quiet but safe feeling at night. The bed was comfortable, room had plenty of space and everything I needed and the free breakfast was a plus. The television was older and made a little bit of a buzzing/static sound but it didn't bother me much as I didn't have it on very long. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Kris H
Also consider these accommodations in or near Atlanta
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Atlanta Perimeter Center
Homewood Suites by Hilton Atlanta / Perimeter Center
Hampton Inn Atlanta-Perimeter Center
Hyatt Regency Atlanta Perimeter at Villa Christina
Staybridge Suites Atlanta - Perimeter Center East
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Atlanta Northwest at SunTrust Park

Been to Sonesta ES Suites Atlanta? Share your experiences!