Sheraton Suites Galleria Atlanta
$298
$331
$299
  • Room Service
All reviewscobb galleriacheesecake factoryking suiteliving areasliding doorclub floorconvenient locationrooms are largefridge and microwaveconference centerparking deckbusiness tripbreakfast buffetflat screenindoor poolbraves gameattending a conference
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 3, 2011

Every year at Christmas break we drive from Chicago to the deep south and we use Atlanta as our half way stop. We always use Starwood hotels because I am SPG member. We tried this hotel because it was a suite and we have 3 small kids. First I was annoyed to pay for parking when were 12 miles away from the city, secondly the thermostat doesnt work and the window is off the frame causing a wind tunnel in the room and it is 25 degrees out. When we called the front desk instead of being apologetic she was almost threatening saying all the rooms are the same and it is cold out and we are full tonight. The engineer that came was a great guy he knew right away we could not stay in this room and made them get us a new room. The new room had hair in the bathroom that was not ours and a dog next door that barked all night. We got out of this place first thing in the morning! This place has way to many negatives to recommend to anybody!

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank Soxfan46
Reviewed December 25, 2010

If not for the location and the bargain price I paid to stay at the hotel, I would definitely not recommend staying at this hotel. I try not to be negative when I review hotels and restaurants, but from the moment I had to pay $8 a day for parking, and saw the food prices inside the hotel, I was aghast.

The hotel nickels and dimes you for every little thing. There are very few places outside of downtown Atlanta which actually charge for parking, and I don't understand the reasoning behind charging their guests to park. Internet in the rooms is $9.95 a day and I can't understand why anyone would charge for wireless Internet access when it doesn't cost the hotel anything to provide the service. I only have to laugh when I see 2 star hotels provide free wireless Internet, but these 3.5+ star hotels charging a ridiculous amount. And then i walk in the room and look at the menu for the on-site restaurant and my mouth almost dropped. $16.00 for a continental breakfast?!? Are you kidding me? Oh yeah, and if you want it delivered to your room, don't forget the MANDATORY $2.50 delivery fee and the 21% gratuity fee. Oh yeah, and if you want a regular hamburger: $17.50!! No wonder I didn't see a soul eating at the restaurant my entire stay.

Moving on the room itself, it was a decent room. I was put on the 4th floor (probably the budget floor where they stick all the Priceline, Orbitz, Expedia people). It was a spacious room, but the bathroom was extremely outdated. The floor molding was breaking apart and the shower head was horrible. The bed was comfortable but they need to give an option with the pillows cause all they had were very soft and cheap down pillows and need to provide one or two foam pillows for those who like a more firm pillow. The two flat screen TVs were very nice, but the channel selections were very poor. I also noticed that the housecleaning didn't even give me fresh bath towels the whole time i was there which was a disappointment.

Lastly, the overall condition of the hotel was just average. I was extremely disappointed with the amenities. The pool was very very small and unusable in the cooler weather. And the tiny broom closet being used as a gym was a joke. They really need to have a major overhaul with the amenities.

Overall, I would not recommend this hotel unless you can get it at a really cheap price because you will be charged for plenty of other things to offset the price. This did not meet my expectations for a 3.5 star hotel.

1  Thank quala78
Reviewed December 19, 2010

Spacious rooms. Sheraton beds are very good. No mini bar but vending machines in the lobby. Weird deal to give you extra points if you don't use housekeeping. Next thing you know, they'll be charging for housekeeping. Hmm. Otherwise good north Atlanta location or for Marietta. Self parking is easy enough and chain restaurants abound in the area.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled on business
Panay, Manager at Sheraton Suites Galleria Atlanta, responded to this reviewResponded January 12, 2011

Dear Guest:
We appreciate you taking the time to post your feedback and appreciate your wonderful comments. Our rooms are indeed spacious with comfortable beds. We are part of the “green program” which many hotels are participants to save on “energy”, water usage and to be environmentally friendly so we give our guests the “choice” to decline housekeeping service in exchange for more Starwood Preferred Guest points or a coupon off of food and beverage. Our location is great because we are surrounded by great shopping mall and nice restaurants. We thank you again for your great comments, and hope you will visit us again soon!

Reviewed December 14, 2010

I stayed at this hotel for the first time and was very pleased with the access to the interstate. The room was above average, clean, and had plenty of space. The issue I had was the temperature regulation in the room. It was almost impossible to create a pleasant and good temperature in the room.

The food at the bar was good but the expensive. If the weather had been better my dinner would have been somewhere else. Not what the hotel wants to achieve.

Overall it was a pleasant stay and I will return.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled on business
Panay, Manager at Sheraton Suites Galleria Atlanta, responded to this reviewResponded January 4, 2011

We were thrilled to read your wonderful feedback about how your overall stay was pleasant and that you will return! Our guestrooms are indeed above average, clean and very spacious! I have conveyed your comments to our Director of Engineering in regards to the temperature controls in your room and can assure you that they have been fixed. We do look forward to your return visit with us and wish you a very Happy New Year!

Reviewed November 13, 2010

Sheraton Suites Galleria Atlanta
Location, Location, Location

The location of this hotel was amazing. The Galleria is right across the street. Cumberland is located directly behind this hotel. The room was outstanding with tons of space. There were televisions in both the sitting room and bedroom. The televisions appeared to both be LCD 37 inch TV’s. The bathroom was fairly large. The room was both spotless and quiet. Moreover, I loved the idea of the pull out sofa in the sitting area. There was a charge for parking, however I have no complaints since the room rate was so practical. I would stay again.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled with friends
Panay, Manager at Sheraton Suites Galleria Atlanta, responded to this reviewResponded November 15, 2010

We appreciate your wonderful comments and are so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us! The Sheraton Suites Galleria is indeed in a great location with tons of shopping and restaurants not only in the Cumberland Mall located directly behind the hotel, but in the surrounding area. We do have spacious and clean guestrooms with a separate sitting area which our guests rave about. We hope you will come stay with us again soon!