“Nice Place to stay”

Sheraton Suites Galleria Atlanta
Ranked #69 of 172 Hotels in Atlanta
Reviewed November 22, 2009

Great place to stay for an extended business trip. comfortable and roomy. The only negative was the breakfast. Sausage was undercooked.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled on business

Reviewed November 20, 2009

It's about the most drab hotel in Atlanta, in shades of Sheraton Brown. It's a little ragged on the edges, and not very thoughtful. Example, there are no benches outside to sit and wait for people or transport.

The room was very good, a four star as all of them are suites. There is NO smoking at this hotel. The accessibility is good, but handicap accessibility could pose problems as the Cobb Parkway doesn't have good handicapped access if you need that. The hotel is reasonably secure but not the best I've seen; several floors have external access.

If you like proximity to the mall next door, or the Galleria spaces across the street (not easily handicap accessible from the hotel), it's fine. No free WiFi, and Sheraton, like most hotels, would charge you for the very air you breathe if they could. Bring things like water bottles and snacks with you.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank toomanymiles
Reviewed November 2, 2009

I booked this hotel with the idea that the location would be out of the way to accessing Midtown, and it was $67.00 a night! We arrived to a quick check-in, and very clean, quiet lobby at 10:00pm on 30 Oct. The staff we encountered the entire visit was very professional. We were in room 915, which was much more spacious than I expected. There are 2 LCD tvs, sliding doors (that don't lock) between the sitting area and the bedroom, and a fridge and microwave. The room looks to have been recently renovated.

I had worried that it would take a while to get into Midtown, but it actually took less time to get to the bars than it does when staying at the W Midtown! It took 14 minutes from getting into the car until getting out. It's mostly due to the hotel being just off of the interstate, but removed enough to be quiet.

I would honestly recommend this hotel to anyone visiting Atlanta that has a car with them, as there are better choices if you will only rely on public transportation.

Likes: PRICE, spacious room, comfortable bed, convenient location for us
Dislikes: windows don't open at all, usual pay for the internet thing with Starwood

Overall: A steal of a price for a Sheraton hotel. Am booking there again this weekend...for the same cheap price.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 18, 2009

I'm an SPG member and business traveler. I was shocked with this Sheraton. I checked in after a cross country flight and went up to my room. The key didn't work. Back to the front desk for a new key. Back up to my room and entered to a horrid smell. Back to the front desk for a change of room. Back up to my new room and there were several long, skinny bugs in the bathroom. I killed them and then looked for an outlet by the bed for my laptop. Found one under the bed, where I also found a half eaten cookie. Gross.

With several options in the area, I'll be sure to never go back.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed October 17, 2009

This hotel is ok. Its not all that. The rooms bathroom needs updating. The breakfast was good. If you are not a pet person, this is no the hotel for you. Yes this location is good but there are others out there that are better.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 8, 2009

Especially with the great rates that you can secure either on Expedia or Hotels.com, this hotel was a great find. I needed a place close to where my conference was to be held, but not at millionaire prices. Compared to the dozens of hotels that I found that were either the right price but very questionable, as well as the ones that looked great but you needed to win the lottery to afford, Sheraton Suites was defininetely a diamond in the rough! The suites were spacious, clean, accomodating of my needs and very comfortable.
The internet access in the lobby, free for guests, was very helpful to me, as well as the provision of a printer, since I had left some very important paperwork at home. I was able to print out what I needed (free of charge) and therefore, be prepared for my conference the next morning.
The complimentary appetizers of fresh fruit and a hot finger food of some kind each evening over the dinner hour was a nice touch.
Great choice for those on business, families, or individuasl just wanting to get away for a few days of respite.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed September 23, 2009

I booked the hotel room in March for the stay in September. We were able to check in early, but found the room filthy. The linens in the closet for the sofa bed were stained and dirty. There was hair in the bath tub and the bathroom sink was dirty. The comforter on the bed had some type of stain on it, which they changed the next day. The rooms are very cramped except for the bathroom. The bathroom area was bigger than the living room area. I don't get it. Very thin walls.
After checking out, a few days later when I checked my account balance, I found that I was charged twice on both cards used to pay for the room. I had to file a dispute, because I was given the runaround about getting refunded the money. If you have money to waste, stay here. For those of us that need our money, Stay Away!!!!!!

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Atlanta
Hampton Inn & Suites Atlanta - Galleria
Renaissance Atlanta Waverly Hotel & Convention Center
DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Atlanta - Galleria
Wingate by Wyndham Atlanta Galleria Center
Hyatt Place Atlanta/Cobb Galleria
Embassy Suites by Hilton Atlanta - Galleria

Been to Sheraton Suites Galleria Atlanta? Share your experiences!