“Good Sized, but Tired Suites”

Sheraton Suites Galleria Atlanta
Ranked #64 of 172 Hotels in Atlanta
Reviewed May 6, 2013

Quick trip to Atlanta. Stayed at Sheraton Suites Galleria. Service is great and attentive. For example I could not get the clock in the bedroom to work. One call, and ten minutes later, it was fixed. The suite itself is very large. The bath opens off the living room and the bedroom. My room deserved some attention. There were stains on the easy chair, spots on the rug and chipped wallboard.

Parking will cost you $9 a day with an in and out feature. Clue - - -the parking deck, on its top floor exits on the Cumberland Mall parking area. A quick left and another left and you can exit at a light and turn either right or left. Makes it easy to get in and out of the hotel, instead of exiting directly on Cobb Parkway.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
Perry T, Director of Sales at Sheraton Suites Galleria Atlanta, responded to this reviewResponded May 9, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your comments. We also would like to thank you for your positive comments pertaining to our staff, our staff take pride in making sure our guests have a great experience while staying with us. Yes, exiting the top level of the parking garage that leads to the shopping mall is a great way to avoid the traffic on the main street in front of the hotel. We do hope you will consider using our hotel during your next visit to Atlanta.

There are newer reviews for Sheraton Suites Galleria Atlanta

Reviewed May 6, 2013

Enjoyable stay for 3 nights last week. I would give an excellent rating if not for the poor WIFI. Signal was in and out. It was available to use for no charge, which I always appreciate at any hotel. However, I would pay if it means it's reliable Internet- whether wired or wireless. My coworkers had the same issue, both in the meeting space (to a lesser extent) and guest rooms. Otherwise the staff was very friendly and helpful. Suite was nice, bed very comfy, comfortable temperature, nicely placed big screen TV's. The Starbucks coffee was great. Breakfast was delicious (although a little pricey). Super convenient location-- walk to dining and shopping. Nice pool area. I would stay again and hope Internet signal is not a recurring issue.

Stayed: May 2013

Thank you for your comments we apologize for any inconvenience you encountered with the internet service. We would also like to thank you for the great comments pertaining to our staff and our comfortable Sweet Sleeper beds and bedding. We hope to have the internet challenge corrected and look forward to being your hotel of choice during your next visit to the Atlanta area.

Reviewed May 6, 2013

We just had the pleasure of staying at the Sheraton suites Galleria for the second time in six weeks. It's a good thing I didn't post a review last the time because Trip Advisor wouldn't let me post this even though I get hounded by them to write reviews, but anyway the hotel is clean and the staff is very friendly and my gold status is quickly acknowledged. The location is perfect for a lot of what we go to Atlanta to do and for the third time in two years we have had a great experience. Rooms are large, beds are great and always very clean.

Room Tip: Stay in a Suite if you can but either way you won't be disappointed. We have stayed in both.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends

I am happy that TripAdvisor was able to post your comments. We thank you for the great comments and we are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope you will select our hotel during your next visit to Atlanta.

Reviewed April 22, 2013

For the discount group rate - it was a good deal. Internet, parking and breakfast included. Not sure I would pay rack rate. The rooms were a bit dated, but still clean and comfortable. I had a mini-suite which was way too much room for me. I found myself wandering around getting dressed in the morning. :) It was nice to have coffee in room and real creamer (vs that nasty powdered stuff). There was a fridge and microwave - which I did not use. The bed was VERY comfortable -as I have come to expect from SPG properties. Lobby clean and well laid out. Service in bar was challenging most nights - too many guests for the one guy to keep up. It was INCREDIBLY convenient to both malls - safe walking for restaurants and shopping. Down side to being right off two major freeways is the horrible traffic during rush hour. Use US41 vs either freeway!

Room Tip: Higher floors keep you insulated from the noise in lobby, bar, restaurant.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Perry T, Director of Sales at Sheraton Suites Galleria Atlanta, responded to this reviewResponded April 23, 2013

Thank you for your comments. We are happy you enjoyed your stay with us. We often get great comments on our Sweet Sleeper beds and the size of our suites. Our location next to Cumberland mall and multiple restaurants within walking distance does offer convenient for our guest. We look forward to you staying with us during your next visit to the Atlanta area. Thank you once again for taking the time to send us your comments.

Reviewed April 21, 2013

I stayed at this property for a week during a work trip. I was in a room that had a bedroom separate from another bed in main hotel room. The room was very clean and the beds were definitely comfortable! Sometimes its the little things that stick out, like the thermostat on the wall that kept the temperature nice and accurate it seemed like.
I ate at the restaurant every morning for breakfast. It was good food I thought. Every day they had scrambled eggs, sausage, bacon, potatoes, and normally either pancakes or french toast. They also had a very nice fruit bar that had all the fresh fruit to choose from, which I loved. Only complaint about it would be that it was always the same food at breakfast. I wish they would get a bit more diverse. Maybe offer biscuits and gravy or some omelets a time or two. Other than that, it was good enough for me.
I'm not really at all familiar with the layout of Atlanta, so I'm not sure of the happenings in different areas. For what I was there for, it was a pleasurable experience. It was a short walk to the mall across the street. It was also a short walk or cab to different casual restaurants in the area.
I can't say much for the little "gift shop" in the lobby. It was handy if you need smokes or a quick drink. Other than that, don't expect to look for nice souvenirs or gifts at all. It seems like it's meant to just pick up small things that you want quick or maybe a toiletry you forgot at home. For a really nice hotel, this little shop is VERY out of place. A hotel of this stature should have a nice shop in it for sure.
All in all, the hotel was very comfortable for me and the folks working in it are very pleasant. The room was clean and comfortable. The food was pretty good. The bar inside is pretty pricey, but I don't expect anything less.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for taking the time to complete this list of great comments on our hotel and it’s location to shopping and restaurants. I have copied your comments pertaining to the breakfast items on the buffet to our Chef. We hope you will consider our hotel for your next visit to the Atlanta area.

Reviewed April 18, 2013

Fellow Travelers , whenever I need to stay over in the Cumerland, Galleria area in Atlanta I always stay here. Easy walking access to Cobb Galleria and Cumberland Mall with a lot of great restaurants and shopping !! The property is always clean and the folks are every friendly. The parking garage is close by and there is an elevated walkway over to the Galleria and all its shops and an AMC thearte near by.

Room Tip: Very busy area at rush hour :-)
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for providing your comments and highlighting all of the great advantages of staying at our hotel. We thank you for selecting our hotel whenever you are in the area and hope you will tell a friend or two that might be looking for a weekend getaway or visiting friends and might need accommodations. Thank you again for all the positive comments.

Reviewed April 9, 2013

I can't complain about my 3 night stay. I had a mini -suite which was reasonably priced. It had a king bed, 2 flat screen tv's and a spacious living room. Coffee maker with complimentary Starbucks coffee, microwave and a good sized fridge made it comfortable. The staff had their southen hospitality day and day out. The room was very clean. Small swimming pool and a decent sized fitness room. The only problem I had was $9 for wifi in the room but that have free wifi in the lobby. Also $8 per night for parking bothered me.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
Perry T, Director of Sales at Sheraton Suites Galleria Atlanta, responded to this reviewResponded April 12, 2013

We thank you for taking the time to provide your comments on your recent stay with us. Thank you for the positive comments pertaining to our spacious suites and amenities but most of all the great service provided by our staff. They take pride in making sure our entire guest receives great customer service. We are sorry you were disappoint with the parking fee but will take your comments and make sure all of our future guest making a reservation with us are aware of the fee prior to arriving or confirming their reservation with us. Thank you once again for your great comments.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Atlanta
Hampton Inn & Suites Atlanta - Galleria
Wingate by Wyndham Atlanta Galleria Center
DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Atlanta - Galleria
Hyatt Place Atlanta/Cobb Galleria
Embassy Suites by Hilton Atlanta - Galleria
Renaissance Atlanta Waverly Hotel & Convention Center

Been to Sheraton Suites Galleria Atlanta? Share your experiences!