Sheraton Suites Galleria Atlanta
Marriott Hotels
$127
$113
Doubletree.com
All reviewscobb galleriacheesecake factoryking suiteliving areasliding doorclub floorconvenient locationrooms are largefridge and microwaveconference centerparking deckbusiness tripbreakfast buffetflat screenindoor poolbraves gameattending a conference
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 1, 2013 via mobile

Awful room!
Dirty, air conditioner didn't work, pull out sofa had holes in the mattress, and hotel was very very loud! Tiles were broken in the bathroom and carpet was obviously old and worn.
Tried to give our kids a bath in tub and the water was BROWN. guessing the pull up valve had never been cleaned. Gross!

We will not be back.

• Stayed: December 2012
2  Thank Mbrow783
Perry T, Director of Sales at Sheraton Suites Galleria Atlanta, responded to this reviewResponded January 3, 2013

Thank you for your comments and we fully apologize for any inconvenience you may have encountered during your stay with us. Our hotel has policies and procedures in place to ensure that all of our guests are assigned and checked into a clean room, our Director of Operations will be revisiting this policy to ensure that we do not fail again in the future, our Director of Housekeeping will meet with all of our housekeepers and housekeeping supervisors to make sure all rooms are inspected prior to making them available for guest. Thsi is not the norm this hotel and we will correct it. If you would like to discuss this in detail, please contact our Director of Operations here at the hotel.

Thank you.

Reviewed December 28, 2012

I travel mostly for business. By mostly, I mean 95.00% of the time… My company’s travel department has booked me into many Sheratons. Most experiences have been negative. The Sheraton Suites Galleria truly does the brand name justice! The hotel is excellent. Ironically, this particular trip was personal, not business. Nevertheless, this fine property caters to the business traveler as well as leisure traveler. Unlike other Sheraton properties, check-in was efficient, the staff were courteous & prompt, the restaurant was first rate, room service was fast & high quality, the rooms were spotless & comfortable….. Frankly, I could go on and on. I pass through Atlanta on business quite frequently. This property is ideal for business and pleasure. I remember a time when ALL Sheraton hotels were this good. If you’re travelling to Atlanta, please try the Sheraton Suites Galleria. You won’t regret it!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Perry T, Director of Sales at Sheraton Suites Galleria Atlanta, responded to this reviewResponded December 31, 2012

Thank you for your kind words pertaining to our staff and great service provided during your recent stay with us. Our goal is to make every guest experience as enjoyable as yours. We hope you will select our hotel again during your next visit to the Atlanta area.

Reviewed December 14, 2012

This hotel is mostly for business travelers. We thought we had a great deal with the room/suite being $118.00 for the night but little did we realize that parking is $8.00 daily and wi-fi is $10.00 daily (even if you only use it for an hour). Keep your room key handy at all times because you need it to get out of the parking lot and you need it for the elevator to get to your room. Parking at the hotel is a nightmare. Traffic in the area is a nightmare. Cumberland Mall is located close to the entrance of the mall. Food at the hotel is also very expensive along with the beverages. When I found out that a bottle of Miller Lite was $5.00 I opted to buy a six pack and drink in my room which really isn't a lot of fun. The hotel itself along with our suite was very clean, beautiful, etc. If you are staying at the hotel during the week be prepared to wake up with the slamming of the doors in the very early hours (businessmen in a hurry - I guess). There is also no free breakfast at the hotel.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Perry T, Director of Sales at Sheraton Suites Galleria Atlanta, responded to this reviewResponded December 18, 2012

Thank you for your comments. We apologize for any inconveniences you may have encountered during your visit with us. We attempt to assist our guest with transportation to restaurants and the shopping mall even through it is within walking distance. We are sorry this information was not provided at the time of your check in which would have prevented you having to move your car in and out of the parking deck. We try to make our property as safe as possible for our guest by putting security first when it comes to our parking deck and guest rooms floors. Again we apologize for any inconveniences this may have created during your stay.

Reviewed December 11, 2012

Room was average, staff was friendly and helpful, other than that.....
1. Room internet service is terrible (and you pay extra for it). After three calls and two tickets submitted to their provider (single digits.com), they stated that the poor speed was due to the hotel being booked (speed was worse than dial up and had high latency) due to bandwidth sharing. One evening the service went down and the front desk didn't even know. Lost a nights work.
2. Food cost is exceptionally high and poor quality. The "char grilled" chicken entree is actually pan sauté, was dry and cost $26, Turkey club sandwich, $17.
3. "Martini's Bar" in the lobby cannot serve you a martini in a martini glass. Staff says the can't afford to order the right glasses (cant get red wine in a red wine glass either). The reviews that indicate the nickel and dime mentality are true. Order a scotch on the rocks results in a $12 bill for the scotch and a $1 fee for "rocks".

Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
Perry T, Director of Sales at Sheraton Suites Galleria Atlanta, responded to this reviewResponded December 13, 2012

Thank you for your comments pertaining to your recent stay with us. We apologize for any inconvenience you may have experience during your stay with us. I have forward your comments to our Director of Operations to address and to make corrections based on your experience. Thank you again for your comments.

Reviewed December 9, 2012

This hotel is having serious maintenance problems. After 4 complaints and the same number of visits to my room by "Engineering", my toilet still wouldn't flush properly. One of the repairmen (I think it was on complaint number 3) arrived wearing rubber gloves and with no tools! No wonder he couldn't fix anything. I asked to change rooms, but the hotel was full, as were other nearby hotels. I was in the elevator one morning and witnessed 6 people all trying to get their key cards to work properly in the elevator (it had a system whereby only people authorised to access each floor could activate the elevator button for that floor), but no matter what they tried, that elevator wouldn't budge. Then, one evening I decided to try to find dinner in the mall behind the hotel, and was told to take the parking garage elevator to the 9th floor. I pushed 9, but the elevator stopped at 5 and would not continue. I went back to the front desk to tell them the elevator was broken, only to be told that the elevator says 5, but it's really 9, even though the 5 button is lit up but the 9 button is not. I'm telling you the truth. Why they couldn't have mentioned this issue when I first asked about how to get to the mall, I don't know.

In addition, the elliptical trainer was bumpy and noisy (i.e. under-maintained) and the virtual buttons on the display required a lot of finesse, as pushing where the button looked like it was either did nothing or activated the wrong thing. The restaurant was very overpriced and I found the coffee to be undrinkable.

On the plus side, the suite was roomy and the TV was good. I enjoyed the coffee maker (much better coffee than what the restaurant offered!) And the service was friendly and helpful, even though the engineering department failed miserably to fix my toilet, though I stayed there for 4 nights! Really lovely to be in a hotel room on the 17th floor with a broken toilet.

Because of all the maintenance problems I experienced and witnessed, I will do my best not to stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
Perry T, Director of Sales at Sheraton Suites Galleria Atlanta, responded to this reviewResponded December 11, 2012

Thank you for your comments and we apologize for any issues you encountered while staying at our hotel. Your comments have been forwarded to the Chef Engineer pertaining to the elevators and the issue with the toilet in your guest room. The Director of operations will also follow up to make sure these issues have been corrected by our Engineering department. Thank you again for your comments and we truly apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you during your stay with us.