“Great place to stay”

Ranked #60 of 171 Hotels in Atlanta
Chelsea, Alabama, United States
“Great place to stay”
Reviewed September 24, 2012

When in the Vinings area the Sheraton is a great place to stay. Staff is friendly, rooms are clean and you are so close to so many places. You can walk to the mall then work it off in the indoor/outdoor pool or the gym.

Room Tip: The suites here are great!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
panaowe, Manager at Sheraton Suites Galleria Atlanta, responded to this review, October 1, 2012
We thank you for your time to write your posting. We were elated to hear that you enjoy staying at the Suites Galleria. Our staff is friendly and our location is indeed wonderful due to the proximity to the Mall as well as the plethora of shopping and places to visit. We hope you come back and stay with us again...

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (125)
Reviewed September 24, 2012

This was a business trip but I did take my family along.
Sheraton is usually known for a better than average stay. I was in town for a business meeting and this was the hotel that was "blocked off" for our conference. The price was good so I decided to give it a shot. Let me say that the service from the staff was awesome! Each request that I had was addressed with a smile. The issue that I had was with the facilities. The room was outdated, wallpaper peeling, stains on the carpet and furniture, etc. They rooms had an odor...you know that moldy smell... Anyway we got a good night sleep regardless.

Room Tip: Get a corner room.
1 Thank Rchad
We do thank you for your posting and appreciate your feedback. Our staff was happy to receive your awesome comments about them. I have also passed on your comments regarding the "condition" issues to our Operations team for improvement. We are consistently making improvements to our faciltiy and we do thank you for bringing it to our attention.
Greensboro,NC
Reviewed September 12, 2012

This is a pretty convenient location to suburban Atlanta across from the Galleria. There is also a mall behind it with good restaurant choices (ate at P.F. Chang's for dinner while there).

The rooms are suites and I had a nice "boardroom" suite with a king bed and nice large work room. There is a refrigerator and two HD TVs. Very comfortable and clean. Staff is nice. When available, elevators are waiting for you at the lobby which is a nice touch.

Had breakfast at The Grill which came with the room - small but good buffet with cooked to order omelettes.

Only complaint is you have to pay for parking. I think it was $8 per day. Not sure why since it is not in the city.

1 Thank PeterFNYNC
panaowe, Manager at Sheraton Suites Galleria Atlanta, responded to this review, September 14, 2012
We thank you for your time to let us know about your stay and are happy to hear that overall it was very nice. We do charge for parking as do our competitors in the area. We appreciate you choosing us and look forward to your return in the future.
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed September 7, 2012

I stayed at the Sheraton over Labor Day weekend with family for a wedding. We got a GREAT price due to the wedding rate which included parking and the buffet breakfast.

I arrived at ATL around noon and called to ask whether our room was available. A room - with our personal requests - was already ready for us! Check-in was quick and easy. There are a lot of rooms at this hotel, thus many guests, but we never had an issue with the elevators. One was always available. What I also liked was security that checked for room keys outside of the elevators late at night. It made us feel extra safe!

The room was VERY spacious. Loved the fridge, microwave, and small sink in the bar area! The living room area was nice and roomy. I MUST comment on the beds - VERY VERY comfortable. Sometimes we did not want to get out of bed. The room was quiet, and we did not hear much hallway noise.

The breakfast buffet (including in our rate) was EXCELLENT. I like to have egg whites, and the chef behind the buffet made an egg white omelette exactly the way I wanted. Everything else on the buffet was delicious - even the oatmeal. The buffet staff (especially Tyana G. - heyyy!) was friendly and attentive.

Easy walk to Cumberland Mall (ask for directions to the top of parking deck...can be a little confusing, but once you get it, you're fine) where there are a lot of great restaurant choices (Cheesecake Factory, P.F. Changs, Ted's Montana Grill, etc.). No need to drive. We never had a problem finding parking in the parking garage - you use your key to get in and out.

The hotel fitness center was one of the best I've seen in a hotel gym. Numerous cardio machines, and other leg/shoulder machines, plus free weights. Always stocked with cold water, and clean towels. We did not use the pool, but it looked nice from a quick glance.

Check-out was just as easy and efficient.

The only CON was the internet connection fee ($10). I did not want to spend the $10 because I didn't need to. When I needed to check-in to my flight, and print the boarding pass, I was able to use the computers located in the lobby. It was quick, efficient, and secure.

I can see that there are very small places where the hotel can improve on aesthetics - little things here and there, but that really is not of much concern to me since the room was in overall GREAT condition. The hotel was safe, comfortable, and we received a great rate - no complaints from me!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
panaowe, Manager at Sheraton Suites Galleria Atlanta, responded to this review, September 12, 2012
We were very elated that you enjoyed your stay with us immensely! We were also glad to read that everything was exceptional! I have passed on your compliments to Ms. Tyana who I’m sure will be happy to hear that she provided excellent service and made a great impression. We thank you for choosing us, and hope your wedding function was wonderful. We look forward to welcoming you back to us soon!
Miami, Florida
Reviewed September 4, 2012

I was there last weekend and i just can not understand how booking.com rates this hotel with 8.2 points.
Dirty: Roon and bedding is not well done.
Bad Service: There were plates on the 17th hallway floor for more than 24 hours.
Lack of amenities: Pool was dirty, nobody introduce you on the hotel choices
Bad shape furniture: Sofa bed unable to be use
Those are just the only things i can state of this place. Thanks i spent my whole time out of it in a wonderful city with a completely different experience. The city save my trip!!!
The hotel is just a shame.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Nomelocontaron
It was truly a shame to hear about your stay and that we fell short of your expectations. Please understand this is not indicative of the high level of service & product we receive praises about and have passed your remarks on to our management team for their follow-up to find out what went wrong. We are sincerely sorry.
Georgia
Reviewed August 26, 2012

We booked our room to coincide with an event at the Cobb Galleria Centre, very impressed with the staff-they were very pleasant & helpful! Room was more than expected, very clean & comfortable. Whole experience was awesome, we will definitely be back!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 15, 2012 via mobile

My husband booked us a room here for my birthday. The stay was OK. The rooms are a little out dated, but clean. Its in a great location, expescially if you like at shop. Getting from your room to your vehicle is a little confusing, but overall it was a good place to stay.

• Stayed June 2012
panaowe, Manager at Sheraton Suites Galleria Atlanta, responded to this review, August 23, 2012
We do appreciate your posting and we want to wish you a Happy Belated Birthday! Your comments are very valuable to us as this is how we can make improvements to our service and product. We are glad you enjoyed the location and the shopping!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Atlanta
Wingate by Wyndham Atlanta Galleria Center
Hyatt Place Atlanta/Cobb Galleria
Hampton Inn & Suites Atlanta - Galleria
DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Atlanta - Galleria
Embassy Suites by Hilton Atlanta - Galleria
Renaissance Atlanta Waverly Hotel & Convention Center

Been to Sheraton Suites Galleria Atlanta? Share your experiences!