“Great Experience”

Ranked #61 of 173 Hotels in Atlanta
San Juan, Puerto Rico
“Great Experience”
Reviewed April 5, 2011

I read the reviews and had mixed feelings about the hotel, but since it was booked through Priceline, I was stuck with the choice. I have no regrets whatsoever!! The hotel is great. The location is excellent, with a shopping mall right next to it (or behind it), and many restaurants close by. It's also right off I-285.

Although it does seem that the 4th floor is the one assigned to Priceline customers, as mentioned below by another reviewer, we liked the room we had. The rooms are large and comfortable. Did it have minor issues? Certainly. One of the bathroom doors would not move, so we were unable to close it. Nothing major since the toilet and bathtub had it's own separate area with a door (this one closed).

The room was not vacuumed during our stay, or prior to our arrival, as evidenced by a small piece of metal next to the nightstand, which remained there until our departure. And the walls are a bit thin so that you hear noises from the hallway if the other guest are really loud. You can also hear the guests above you if they are running around and stomping on the floor instead of walking normally, and you can hear your neighbors when they are using the shower.

Other than that, I have no complaints. I know it may seem like the negatives are huge, but they're really not. If everyone looks hard enough, deficiencies will be found anywhere, even in 5 star hotels. Not everyone will be pleased all the time.

Again, the location is really, really, great. The beds are comfortable. The bathtub was clean, and the water temperature was great. The staff is friendly and courteous. And for the price I paid, it felt like a 5 star hotel.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank maythefal
Panay, Manager at Sheraton Suites Galleria Atlanta, responded to this review, April 7, 2011
We were very pleased and very appreciative to receive your wonderful compliments regarding our friendly staff, our great location which is indeed accessible to great shopping and great restaurants, as well as your feedback about our comfortable beds, clean bathroom and “your” 5 Star rating of our hotel! You are correct in saying that deficiencies will be found anywhere, even in 5 star hotels and not everyone will be pleased all the time. However, our goal is to provide the very best for all of our guests. Therefore, we thank you for your very significant comments regarding the deficiencies you encountered and passed them along to our Housekeeping and Engineering team to ensure that reparations are made quickly. We appreciate you and hope that you will visit us again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (120)
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed February 14, 2011

My wife and I recently stayed at the Sheraton Suites Galleria Atlanta for a business convention. The hotel is located across a very busy street from the Cobb Galleria Convention Center. There is a walkway from the hotel to the convention center, but much of the walk is not covered to protect you from the rain.

The hotel offers rooms with an eliptical and bike. We had one of these rooms and my wife was able to work out a couple of times while I was at the convention without leaving the room. This was very nice and convenient.

The hotel offers a shuttle bus to any place within 3 miles of the hotel. We were able to take the shuttle to the convention on rainy days, plus, they took us to Canoe restaurant which is a bit over 3 miles, without a charge (although we did tip the driver.) This is a great service for the hotel.

The staff of the hotel is VERY friendly and helpful. Same for the waiters and staff in the restaurant and bar. Kudos to the hotel manager for the staff.

Our only complaint about the hotel is that we found the beds very hard and thus, difficult to sleep on. Other than that, we highly recommend the hotel.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
virginia
Reviewed January 16, 2011

Excellent service, Great food, good location. Food was extremely pricey if you had to pay for it ($19.00 for a hamburger and fries), ( thankfully mine was paid forby my company )but very good.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
Panay, Manager at Sheraton Suites Galleria Atlanta, responded to this review, January 19, 2011
We were thrilled to read your very positive comments in regards to your overall stay at the Sheraton Suites Galleria. Your patronage and that of your company's is highly valued! We appreciate your feedback and hope that you will have the opportunity to return whether your future plans are for business or leisure!
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed January 3, 2011

Every year at Christmas break we drive from Chicago to the deep south and we use Atlanta as our half way stop. We always use Starwood hotels because I am SPG member. We tried this hotel because it was a suite and we have 3 small kids. First I was annoyed to pay for parking when were 12 miles away from the city, secondly the thermostat doesnt work and the window is off the frame causing a wind tunnel in the room and it is 25 degrees out. When we called the front desk instead of being apologetic she was almost threatening saying all the rooms are the same and it is cold out and we are full tonight. The engineer that came was a great guy he knew right away we could not stay in this room and made them get us a new room. The new room had hair in the bathroom that was not ours and a dog next door that barked all night. We got out of this place first thing in the morning! This place has way to many negatives to recommend to anybody!

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank Soxfan46
Cumming, Georgia
Reviewed December 25, 2010

If not for the location and the bargain price I paid to stay at the hotel, I would definitely not recommend staying at this hotel. I try not to be negative when I review hotels and restaurants, but from the moment I had to pay $8 a day for parking, and saw the food prices inside the hotel, I was aghast.

The hotel nickels and dimes you for every little thing. There are very few places outside of downtown Atlanta which actually charge for parking, and I don't understand the reasoning behind charging their guests to park. Internet in the rooms is $9.95 a day and I can't understand why anyone would charge for wireless Internet access when it doesn't cost the hotel anything to provide the service. I only have to laugh when I see 2 star hotels provide free wireless Internet, but these 3.5+ star hotels charging a ridiculous amount. And then i walk in the room and look at the menu for the on-site restaurant and my mouth almost dropped. $16.00 for a continental breakfast?!? Are you kidding me? Oh yeah, and if you want it delivered to your room, don't forget the MANDATORY $2.50 delivery fee and the 21% gratuity fee. Oh yeah, and if you want a regular hamburger: $17.50!! No wonder I didn't see a soul eating at the restaurant my entire stay.

Moving on the room itself, it was a decent room. I was put on the 4th floor (probably the budget floor where they stick all the Priceline, Orbitz, Expedia people). It was a spacious room, but the bathroom was extremely outdated. The floor molding was breaking apart and the shower head was horrible. The bed was comfortable but they need to give an option with the pillows cause all they had were very soft and cheap down pillows and need to provide one or two foam pillows for those who like a more firm pillow. The two flat screen TVs were very nice, but the channel selections were very poor. I also noticed that the housecleaning didn't even give me fresh bath towels the whole time i was there which was a disappointment.

Lastly, the overall condition of the hotel was just average. I was extremely disappointed with the amenities. The pool was very very small and unusable in the cooler weather. And the tiny broom closet being used as a gym was a joke. They really need to have a major overhaul with the amenities.

Overall, I would not recommend this hotel unless you can get it at a really cheap price because you will be charged for plenty of other things to offset the price. This did not meet my expectations for a 3.5 star hotel.

1 Thank quala78
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed December 19, 2010

Spacious rooms. Sheraton beds are very good. No mini bar but vending machines in the lobby. Weird deal to give you extra points if you don't use housekeeping. Next thing you know, they'll be charging for housekeeping. Hmm. Otherwise good north Atlanta location or for Marietta. Self parking is easy enough and chain restaurants abound in the area.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business
Panay, Manager at Sheraton Suites Galleria Atlanta, responded to this review, January 12, 2011
Dear Guest:
We appreciate you taking the time to post your feedback and appreciate your wonderful comments. Our rooms are indeed spacious with comfortable beds. We are part of the “green program” which many hotels are participants to save on “energy”, water usage and to be environmentally friendly so we give our guests the “choice” to decline housekeeping service in exchange for more Starwood Preferred Guest points or a coupon off of food and beverage. Our location is great because we are surrounded by great shopping mall and nice restaurants. We thank you again for your great comments, and hope you will visit us again soon!
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed December 14, 2010

I stayed at this hotel for the first time and was very pleased with the access to the interstate. The room was above average, clean, and had plenty of space. The issue I had was the temperature regulation in the room. It was almost impossible to create a pleasant and good temperature in the room.

The food at the bar was good but the expensive. If the weather had been better my dinner would have been somewhere else. Not what the hotel wants to achieve.

Overall it was a pleasant stay and I will return.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business
Panay, Manager at Sheraton Suites Galleria Atlanta, responded to this review, January 4, 2011
We were thrilled to read your wonderful feedback about how your overall stay was pleasant and that you will return! Our guestrooms are indeed above average, clean and very spacious! I have conveyed your comments to our Director of Engineering in regards to the temperature controls in your room and can assure you that they have been fixed. We do look forward to your return visit with us and wish you a very Happy New Year!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Atlanta
Hyatt Place Atlanta/Cobb Galleria
Embassy Suites by Hilton Atlanta - Galleria
DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Atlanta - Galleria
Hampton Inn & Suites Atlanta - Galleria
Wingate by Wyndham Atlanta Galleria Center
Renaissance Atlanta Waverly Hotel & Convention Center

Been to Sheraton Suites Galleria Atlanta? Share your experiences!