“Great hotel small bathroom”

Atlanta Marriott Century Center/Emory Area
Ranked #88 of 172 Hotels in Atlanta
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed March 5, 2014 via mobile

This was a wonderful hotel, very clean with incredibly comfortable beds! Wow--let me repeat, incredibly comfy beds!!! Great service and good buffet for breakfast. Negatives--don't bring claustrophobia with you when you use the bathroom. Ugh. Your knees may hit the bathroom door when you sit on the toilet.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business

Reviewed February 17, 2014

I was greeted warmly as soon as I stepped in the door. This facility has a nice restaurant, a Starbucks, internet and a very sunny vestibule. I was upgraded to the Shallowford Suite, which was quite nice and a pleasant surprise considering my flight out of Atlanta had been delayed. Outdoor pool only.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Scott R
Jim M, General Manager at Atlanta Marriott Century Center/Emory Area, responded to this reviewResponded February 19, 2014

Thank you for staying with us. We really apprecaite your business. Hope to see you in the near future.

Reviewed February 10, 2014

This was a last minute choice hotel. I stay in alot of Marriotts and some are good and some are bad but this location lived up to the good name of Marriott. I got it a reasonable price of $87 a night with taxes included it came to $100 PERFECT. Coming from a 10 hour long drive from Pennsylvania to Atlanta during the night, we touched down in Georgia around 10am. Situtated ourselves with the family we were in town to see and decided to head to the hotel to rest. About 1pm we made it to the hotel and received the fastest check in ever with no problems at all. Was given room 1109 (which I may say has a pretty view of Atlanta looking out of the window). Entering the room it was clean, smelled good and the beds were wonderful. Nothing out of place and I wanted to take the bed and pillows home with me:) The staff are amazing. Everytime I walked in and out I was greeted with smiles (which up north we don't get too often) and even on our late night in around 3am, still greeted with smiles. That means alot. My sister utilized the gym and she said it was wonderful. At night while going out we seen the bonfire lit which was pretty near the pool and the elevators are an amazing ride alone. The restaurant downstairs must be popular because every night and morning it was filled with laughter and people. One thing I would recommend would be purchasing the buffet package with your stay. It is $18 alone without it in your package. That was kind of steep but it is a hotel so it really is reasonable but I would say purchase it with your stay which is alot cheaper. Overall, I give this hotel a 5 star. I appreciate everything and the stay. I'm glad I chose this location.

Room Tip: Room 1109 (higher floor) has a nice view of Atlanta. A little distant but you can see the beautiful...
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends

Thank you for these fantastic comments. I will make sure I pass on your comments to my team. Hope your travels bring you back to the Marriott Century Center.

Reviewed January 19, 2014

Worst experience ever!!! Party in lobby all night. Unable to sleeep due to all the noise.Security useless! Reservation for 2 queens - did not accomadate. Gave us King room instead for 2adults and 3kids. Horrible experience. Do not stay here!!!!!!

Room Tip: Don't stay here
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
Jennifer B, Director of Operation at Atlanta Marriott Century Center/Emory Area, responded to this reviewResponded January 22, 2014

I'm so sorry your stay with us was negative. We do continually strive to provide excellent service and a great product. I hope you give us another chance in the future.

Reviewed January 18, 2014

Spent a night at this hotel last week while in town for business. The staff is wonderful! Everyone went above and beyond...and seemed to like doing it! Examples: there was a glitch with my reservation and the woman who checked me in took care of it, no problem and with pleasure; lunch had already been cleared by the time I arrived and one of the managers allowed me to order from the restaurant menu; I arrived late for breakfast and the staff waited to clear the food, until I had something to eat; finally, the airport shuttle was 40 minutes late and the front desk offered me a more comfortable place to wait, to call me a cab, and water. Very impressive!!!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
Jim M, General Manager at Atlanta Marriott Century Center/Emory Area, responded to this reviewResponded January 20, 2014

Thanks for the great comments regarding your recent stay. My team strives to Host Brilliantly. Hope you get a chance to stay with us again in the near future.

Reviewed January 14, 2014

Went to Atlanta Marriott Century Center. It was nice and had a shuttle to the MARTA station which was convenient for me to get to and from the airport. Rooms are nice and clean. Didn't go to any nearby restaurants though as it was a rainy weekend.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
Jennifer B, Director of Operations at Atlanta Marriott Century Center/Emory Area, responded to this reviewResponded January 17, 2014

We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to hosting you again...with better weather too!

Reviewed January 9, 2014

I stayed at this hotel on a business trip for a night. I arrived late and was quickly checked in. The room was neat and clean and the bed was wonderful. I had the quietest of sleeps in any hotel i have stayed in till now. The only draw back: there was no free wifi in the room and you got to purchase it, i did not as i only stayed there for less then 8 hrs. Wifi in the lobby is free.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Faj2010
Jim M, General Manager at Atlanta Marriott Century Center/Emory Area, responded to this reviewResponded January 13, 2014

Thank you so much for your feedback. We are always looking for ways to improve.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Atlanta
Buckhead
Atlanta Marriott Buckhead Hotel & Conference Center
Buckhead
AC Hotel Atlanta Buckhead at Phipps Plaza

Been to Atlanta Marriott Century Center/Emory Area? Share your experiences!