“Relaxed Business Trip”

GreenLeadersGold level
Mountain Home, Texas
“Relaxed Business Trip”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Atlanta Marriott Century Center is an attractive, clean and comfortable hotel. Rooms are spacious and new--good beds and VERY FRIENDLY-RESPONSIVE staff.

The large patio-pool area has a lot of room for relaxing without feeling crowded--even allowing work uninterrupted.

The resturant is good--reasonably priced. Having a choice of resturant with excellent breakfast buffet or Starbucks inhouse is nice.

Room Tip: All rooms are good --but I like the 10th floor and higher best.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
Bethlehem, New Hampshire
Reviewed September 2, 2013

This was a good hotel for our visit to Atlanta. Easy access to the city, but in a quiet executive business park. We enjoyed its closeness to Decatur--a lovely community, too. The staff wad very professional and the common areas were very inviting! Nice gym, too. Rooms were slightly smaller than some places we've stayed--but-- very comfortable, pleasant and quiet

• Stayed August 2013
Roanoke, Alabama, United States
Reviewed September 2, 2013

This was my first visit at the hotel. I had my first It Works Global event that was held at the Marriott. The service was great and the hotel staff was very friendly and professional. I would definitely recommend this hotel to my family and friends.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Jennifer B, Director of Operations at Atlanta Marriott Century Center/Emory Area, responded to this review, September 8, 2013
We loved having your first event with us! Thank you for sharing and we look forward to having you return!
Greenville, South Carolina
Reviewed August 21, 2013

Have stayed at this property several times over many years and it is showing its age. A ceiling air vent was laying in the hallway outside of our guest room door in clear view of any staff that sought to remove it. The bathroom door did not fit properly and had to either be open and shut with a strong shoulder bump. We asked for a rollaway and when housekeeping went into the closet to get pillows the sliding glass doors came out of the tracks on her. The A/C in the room was very loud and rattled. An wall air vent in the bathroom was wide open. All I could think of was the show Hotel Impossible and how the host of that show would have ripped the management as he toured the property and saw the lack of attention to upkeep. It was ironic there was a quick dial button on the phone in case you needed anything and it didn't work. On the plus side, when we brought these things to the attention of the front desk at check out (I think her name was Chelsea) she was very apologetic and compensated us with some Marriott points so cudos to her. I'm sure they would have moved us if requested but we checked in at night and unpacked before we noticed everything. Since we were only staying one night on this visit it was not worth trying another room although it seems to me ongoing maintenance is an issue throughout this property.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Jennifer B, Director of Operations at Atlanta Marriott Century Center/Emory Area, responded to this review, August 23, 2013
Thank you for your comments. We are constantly striving to keep the hotel in good working order. I do apologize for the unsightly vent in the hall. During your visit, we were upgrading our Internet system to provide our guests with the newest technology. I will ensure our team is aware of the great customer service provided to you at check out.
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed August 20, 2013

This was my 3rd time at the hotel in the last 2 years. I had my rehearsal dinner at the Marriott Century Center hotel and had my guest stay at the hotel for our wedding on 8/17/13. I can not thank the staff enough for everything they did for my wedding weekend and our guest. Jen and Jennifer at the hotel are first class and went out of their way to help my bride and me. They both went out of there way to help my guest and accommodate 125 people at the rehearsal dinner. If you have a large group coming I highly suggest you rent the hospitality suite called the "Magnolia room" we were able to provide refreshments and a place for all our guest to hang out after the rehearsal and wedding. Impressive lobby, Clean rooms and great staff. I highly recommend the Marriott Century Center Hotel.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Jim M, General Manager at Atlanta Marriott Century Center/Emory Area, responded to this review, August 23, 2013
Thank you for those wondferful comments regarding the hotel and staff. I will make sure I recognize those team memebers that were brilliant host.
Newtown, Pennsylvania
Reviewed August 20, 2013 via mobile

I had a disappointing experience in a chain hotel last week so my expectations weren't too high, but these folks exceeded them brilliantly. The desk clerk was sweet and accommodating, the room was well above average and the staff couldn't have been nicer. They offer van service to certain local restaurants, and after choosing the one with the best reviews on trip advisor, we showed up at high dinner hour with no reservation. The driver came in with us and ensured we were seated!
Southern hospitality on was display everywhere, which made an otherwise dreary business trip much more palatable.

• Stayed August 2013
Thank you so much for those fantastic comments and observations. I will be sure to share these great comments with my entire team.
South Florida
Reviewed August 14, 2013

The lobby is large with a 15 story atrium. There is a nice flat waterfall. The front desk staff were friendly. Parking is free.

The king room was pretty large. The bed was pretty comfortable. The TV was nice but could use more channels. The desk was set up well. There was enough lighting and there was a fridge. I did not hear much noise. The decor was not very "modern" and is need of an update.

The concierge lounge was average size. The breakfast offerings were not bad. The fruit was fresh.

The fitness center was average size with an average amount of equipment.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Atlanta
Buckhead
SpringHill Suites Atlanta Buckhead
Buckhead
Atlanta Marriott Buckhead Hotel & Conference Center

Been to Atlanta Marriott Century Center/Emory Area? Share your experiences!