“Overall quality that you expect from a Marriott. SLOW wireless internet.”

Atlanta Marriott Century Center/Emory Area
Ranked #91 of 173 Hotels in Atlanta
GreenLeadersGold level
“Overall quality that you expect from a Marriott. SLOW wireless internet.”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

OK, so to preface this, I am a 30 yr. old Lifetime Platinum member for Marriott who has traveled every week for the last 9 years. I'm not really a "review" guy but am starting to do these a bit more to try and help others.

So, I'll give you a basic review of this hotel: On site parking that is easy and safe. You don't have to worry about a valet b/c its so easy to park. You walk in, and everything looks beautiful as you'd expect. I was on the computer printing something out today actually and they had a woman walking around with wine glasses filled with icewater... nice touch. Nice restaurant & bar. Room service is about what you get from a Marriott. Good, not great, food. All the same once you've stayed at so many.

The one drawback, and for me, its a fairly big one. I'm traveling on business and stayed here last week and now this week. Last week, my only option was wireless internet. S L O W. Fades in and out. Really really slow around 9pm on a Wednesday night. 2nd floor room. Stayed here at same hotel this week and tonight, same thing. 4th floor. slow wireless. REALLY SLOW. Luckily, there is a wired box in this room and I found an ethernet cord in the room and used it. Boom. Totallly different internet experience. Now its ultra fast.

So... in summary - all the quality that you'd expect from a Marriott. Gets the job done. Starbucks on premesis. Restaurant/bar on premesis. Concierge lounge is fine - on 14th floor. Honor bar there. Everything gets the job done at an above average level, except the wireless internet. I need to repeat this again - the wireless internet is slow - so don't stay here if you plan on getting a lot of work done on it. Also, remember all full service Marriotts charge for internet - it is not free and isn't free at any full service Marriott unless you're a Platinum member. $13/day. Otherwise, the hotel is spot on.

Room Tip: Concierge lounge is on 4th floor. Use the wired internet connection.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed May 7, 2013

I attended a Gay Scence Fiction convention at the hotel and was treated very well by the staff. They were friendly and helpfull. The bed was so conforatable, I slept well the first night something I usually don't do at hotels. The hotel food was okay, which is what I expected. Outside food choices were limited but available 15 minutes mintutes by foot.

Room Tip: As For a room facing away from the highway and not near the elevators.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Waxhaw, North Carolina
Reviewed April 28, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at the hotel when we visited the aquarium. The customer service is excellent. We ate at the restaurants at the hotel and the food was very good. The only downside to the rooms are the bathrooms. They are very small and outdated. We would stay here again in the future.

Minneapolis
Reviewed April 25, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here as we were hosting a business meeting in the conference center. When I first saw the Marriott driving into the corporate center I was worried that this would be a property built in the early 80s and never updated. Was pleasantly surprised as the property has been kept up and updated.

Lobby is nice and modern. Rooms were decent size, clean and modern. Meeting space was decent. Only compliant is that the conference area was busy. As a result our group and the neighboring group kept bumping into each other during breaks.

The location is in a business park so don't expect many dining choices within walking distance. But many within a short drive.

Overall a decent property that I would use again.

Reviewed April 21, 2013 via mobile

We came for a wedding in a weekend. I am a gold Marriott member and was very disappointed by the extras offered. There was only two- a higher floor room and Internet. Internet should just generally be free. Breakfast was 18 dollars and okay. It would have been okay but there was nothing food wise in walking distance. In most Marriotts, we have atleast gotten free breakfast. It's okay but I will remember this when booking next time.

Columbia, South Carolina
Reviewed April 20, 2013

I stayed overnight with my wife on the night of the 18th April so I could attend a convention, using my free night Marriot reward.

Prior to the arrival date I was contacted by the hotel via email with my confirmation and noted preference details and they asked if we needed any help or further information. I asked for a list of local malls (for the wife) and within 5 minutes an email arrived with directions to and from the Malls within 15 miles and rough/estimated travel times. The information also included the main stores and the restaurants within or connected to each mall.
Very helpful.

Upon check in I asked if we could ugrade to a concierge level room and I would pay for the upgrade ($15.00)... No problem at all and the charge was waved as well. The front desk staff are very friendly, helpful and swift to complete your check in. They also granted a late check out (2pm) due to the convention timings.

The room on the 14th floor was immaculate when it came to cleanliness, no dust, chipped or broken items were seen. However, we could not find the TV control, so I asked for one and it arrived within 5 minutes with a concerned and apologetic staff member.

The breakfast in the concierge room was really good, Fruit, scrambled eggs, sausage, french toast a veriety of cereals and not forgetting Bagels and muffins etc.

The small Starbucks coffee shop is clean and well run and the hotel restaurant had a nice menu although we chose to eat while at the mall.

We enjoyed the overnight stay and would definately return here if we were in the area.

This is a good location and well run Marriot Hotel and we both recommend it as worth a visit when looking for a hotel in this area

Room Tip: Higher floors are quieter.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Prospect, Kentucky
Reviewed April 14, 2013

The restaurant was outstanding. We were prepared for ho-hum hotel food, but were blown away by the excellence of the food and service which was equal to a 5 star restaurant. The room was excellent ,BUT I can't figure out why they used the cheapest thinnest toilet paper. It seemed like 1/2 ply and the quality you would find at a Motel 6. The shower head used the water saver and it took 3 times the amount of water to rinse off. I much prefer a powerful shower head.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Atlanta
Buckhead
SpringHill Suites Atlanta Buckhead
Buckhead
Atlanta Marriott Buckhead Hotel & Conference Center

Been to Atlanta Marriott Century Center/Emory Area? Share your experiences!