“Nothing spectacular!”

The Ritz-Carlton, Atlanta
Ranked #25 of 173 Hotels in Atlanta
Reviewed October 10, 2010

Very disappointed in this Ritz. I stayed here because of an AMEX promotion. The hotel knew nothing about the promotion. Several calls to AMEX and it still was not resolved. AMEX finally fixed things when I got home and sent an email. I had a view of a wall. I went to use the business center, but there was a group of men internet gambling on all of the computers. It was very seedy for a Rtiz.

In spite of all of this, the valet staff and the restaurant staff could not have been better. The exemplify the Ritz experience.

Check your bill. I had to have mine redone twice.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business
Write a ReviewReviews (1,593)

Reviewed September 25, 2010

We have stayed at other R-C, but the experience we had on the Club Level was untouchable.
It is a true hotel within a hotel experience.
The staff is there to cater on your needs.
Good food and drinks are available throughout the day.
The real key is the conceirge service provided to you by the staff in the Club Level -- they are committed to taking care of your needs, whether it is booking a dinner reservation or freshening a drink.
The location is good for tourist sites, however, note this is not a cab friendly city -- bring a car.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 18, 2010

The hotel is great. Service. Location. Room. My biggest complaint is the price of the "extras." $30 per day for valet parking. $10 per day for wireless Internet. But the most amazing charge was $50 per day for BREAKFAST! Two people going through the buffet one time each. Wow. But overall, they took great care of us. Just pack some granola bars and make coffee in the room.

• Stayed: September 2010
Reviewed August 17, 2010

Glanced at my bill this morning at the Ritz Atlanta, after a one-night stay for business, and discovered that (1) they had billed me for $76 in alcohol that I never drank, apparently associated with room service that I never requested or received, and (2) they had charged me $9.95 for internet access, even though the letter I received at check-in said internet access would be free.

They fixed both problems promptly and courteously, and I had no other complaints. But two erroneous charges on one bill, for one night, is a spectacularly poor performance. I'm certainly glad I read the thing. I can only imagine our accounting department laying eyes on a $76 booze bill for one night.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed August 15, 2010

The fitness center at the Ritz had headphones in case you forgot them, room temperature controls, fruits, and waters. Thats just an example of the details they get right. Everyone was very helpful (they filled the bucket of ice for us without asking and even cleaned our room at 8pm). Just a very nice hotel.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 25, 2010

I stayed for 6 nights for a recent trade show. My stay was perfect, there is nothing I can think of that the staff could have improved (and I am picky!). The room was lovely, excellent bed and bedding, good work area, great water pressure in the shower, good amenities, quiet rooms. I was consistently greeted by name by hotel personnel. This Ritz gets all of the details right. Easy access to wireless, a clock that is just a clock, not complicated with 12 functions that are difficult to figure out. Wake up calls are personal, not a recording. Turndown service with a chocolate. Best hotel in Atlanta, and I have stayed at many. I highly recommend the downtown Atlanta Ritz Carlton.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed July 19, 2010

Downtown Atlanta is not a great spot to stay but I was there for five days on business and the Ritz was very nice

Terrific staff and most importantly very quiet rooms!

The Atlanta Grill was great for dinner