“Check the Bill - Carefully”

The Ritz-Carlton, Atlanta
Ranked #21 of 173 Hotels in Atlanta
“Check the Bill - Carefully”
Reviewed August 17, 2010

Glanced at my bill this morning at the Ritz Atlanta, after a one-night stay for business, and discovered that (1) they had billed me for $76 in alcohol that I never drank, apparently associated with room service that I never requested or received, and (2) they had charged me $9.95 for internet access, even though the letter I received at check-in said internet access would be free.

They fixed both problems promptly and courteously, and I had no other complaints. But two erroneous charges on one bill, for one night, is a spectacularly poor performance. I'm certainly glad I read the thing. I can only imagine our accounting department laying eyes on a $76 booze bill for one night.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (291)
New York, NY
Reviewed August 15, 2010

The fitness center at the Ritz had headphones in case you forgot them, room temperature controls, fruits, and waters. Thats just an example of the details they get right. Everyone was very helpful (they filled the bucket of ice for us without asking and even cleaned our room at 8pm). Just a very nice hotel.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
San Francisco, California
Reviewed July 25, 2010

I stayed for 6 nights for a recent trade show. My stay was perfect, there is nothing I can think of that the staff could have improved (and I am picky!). The room was lovely, excellent bed and bedding, good work area, great water pressure in the shower, good amenities, quiet rooms. I was consistently greeted by name by hotel personnel. This Ritz gets all of the details right. Easy access to wireless, a clock that is just a clock, not complicated with 12 functions that are difficult to figure out. Wake up calls are personal, not a recording. Turndown service with a chocolate. Best hotel in Atlanta, and I have stayed at many. I highly recommend the downtown Atlanta Ritz Carlton.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
Minneapolis, MN
Reviewed July 19, 2010

Downtown Atlanta is not a great spot to stay but I was there for five days on business and the Ritz was very nice

Terrific staff and most importantly very quiet rooms!

The Atlanta Grill was great for dinner

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
Asheville, NC
Reviewed June 23, 2010

This is the BEST customer service I have seen at a hotel in the past 10 years!!!!

I attended a business meeting June 21-22 at The Ritz-Carlton Atlanta (Downtown) and was blown away by the top notch level of customer service. From the event planner (Mona Austin), valet attendants, front desk attendants, chambermaids .......the list goes on and on........ the service was impeccable. The rooms, meeting rooms, meals, incidentals were beyond expectations.

As I plan future business gatherings in Atlanta, The Ritz-Carlton is my choice.

I HIGHLY recommend this hotel for business.

Thank you for making our stay in Atlanta GREAT.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
Alabama
Reviewed June 14, 2010

My family recently stayed at the Ritz Cartlon Atlanta on a Friday night so that we could visit the GA aquarium. It was a wonderful experience from the moment we arrived. I highly recommend Club level access. Since we paid with Amex we were upgrade to Club level without charge. The aquarium was an easy walk from the hotel. We will definitely be back.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank Allandrover
Lexington, Kentucky
Reviewed May 31, 2010

I stayed two nights at the Ritz-Carlton over Memorial Day weekend with my parents and boyfriend. We had a great experience! It was our first Ritz experience and it certainly won't be our last. The hotel staff were exceptionally friendly and helpful, always greeting us with a "good morning/afternoon/evening" and smile. Valet parking was very prompt. A guest services rep spent about 15 minutes on the phone with my boyfriend, trying to help us navigate through traffic because a parade had shut down access to the hotel.

The room was clean, fresh, and comfortable. We were disturbed by a loud party next door but after calling the front desk, security took care of the matter. We did have to ask both nights for sheets/bedding for the couch mattress but it wasn't that big of a deal. The bathrooms were great and really spacious.

The value was wonderful because we had a package deal that had free valet parking, tickets to the Diana exhibit, and breakfast at the hotel restaurant (which is fantastic, by the way).

I would stay there again in a heartbeat!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple