The Ritz-Carlton, Atlanta
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
  • Pool
  • Pool
1,668 results
All reviewsjelly beansclub levelcandy barturn down serviceroom servicebuckhead locationvalet staffheart of downtowngeorgia aquariumluxury hotelfitness centerpeachtree streetvalet parkingsouthern hospitalityhigh floorhotel restaurantcentennial park
FilterAll languages
Reviewed December 18, 2009

This is an expensive hotel, which is fine, as long as its price is justified somehow. The service was just so-so: none of the great warmth and anticipation of needs that you expect from a Ritz. I had a late bite in the lounge and breakfast in the restaurant in the morning. The service was very odd - in the lounge, I wasn't waited on for quite a while (it was practically empty) and then the waitress wanted to take my order before i'd even been given a menu or drink list. In the restaurant, I ordered a coke - one waitress brought me one, minutes later another waitress appeared with another coke - this one in a gigantic heifeweizen glass. The food was fine - nothing special.

The room was fine as well, but again, not what you would expect from the Ritz. The bathroom looked like it was borrowed from a Holiday Inn and was tiny. The room itself was rather small. My window overlooked a loud chimney thing - the hotel was practically empty, you'd think they would have put me on the side of the hotel that has a pleasant view.

Fancy hotels are often the only thing that make constant business travel bearable - the Ritz really let me down.

Oh, and another thing, I am so tired of luxury hotels charging $10 a day or more for internet while everyone else gives it away for free. It's just insulting. I may be rich, but I'm not stupid.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled on business
2  Thank legalez
Reviewed December 13, 2009

My husband & I went to Atlanta to watch the SEC Championship game. It was my first time leaving our 4 month old son, whom I exclusively breastfeed. Before storing pumped milk in the fridge in our room, I asked the bellman for permission. He assured me it was fine & it would be a safe place to keep the milk I pumped for my son. We had stayed the night before at another hotel in Atlanta, so I had a total of 22 ounces of milk already. We left for the game at 3pm Atlanta time. When we returned to our room following the game, we noticed the sheets had been turned down on the bed with a chocolate & weather forecast for the following day. I proceeded to pump & when I went to the fridge to put my milk away, I could not find my milk! We had also put 4 mini waters in the fridge & they were missing as well. When I called downstairs, I reached a staff member at the front desk. After telling her my problem, she transferred me to another area where I was put on hold. I had been on hold for about 5 minutes when I hung up & called back. This time I was told that the manager would contact me. When the manager called me, I explained my issue to him. He told me he would "look into" the matter & would call me back. A man then came up to the room to "run a scan" on the key slot to see who had been in our room. It showed only one key, which was the staff member who had come in for the turndown service. He assured me he would speak with the employee & would call me back. When he called back, he was stuttering, mumbling & was not speaking in a professional manner. He told me that the maid had "denied taking the milk from the fridge" & that "she said she had no reason to be in our fridge." She was exactly right...she had no reason to be in our fridge since we had just checked in only 6 hours earlier & she was in our room solely to turn down the beds. However, when you steal a diamond ring out of someone's bag, you have no reason to be in their bag, correct? I was speechless. I felt as though I was being called a liar. Then the manager stated "mam, what would you like us to do?" I wanted my milk back!!!! Not that I would feed it to my baby now, but I wanted a good explanation & an apology (the manager NEVER apologized to me). When I told him I thought our room should be taken care of, he chuckled & said "mam, I don't know that we can do that." I felt like I was not being taken seriously since this was "only breastmilk" & not something of a greater monetary value. However, if you'll ask any mother who has ever pumped an ounce of breastmilk, 22 ounces of breastmilk is quite valuable! I had spent my time & my body had produced that milk to nourish my child. Also, this was a reputable hotel which I trusted to respect my property! In the end, they only offered us 50% off of the room which we accepted, however, it did not make things right for me. I was out 22 ounces of breastmilk, plus I lost my sense of security and my night was ruined! We spoke to a 3rd manager the next morning at checkout & his response to the situation was "we train our staff to a certain degree" & "we've never had anything like this happen before " & "this employee has been here for quite some time." Again, I felt as though I was being called a liar! What happened to "the customer is always right?" We were asked by the 3rd manager to leave a business card & he would be in touch with us. A week later, we have yet to hear from him. So, in the end my first getaway since my son was born ended up being more of a stressor rather than an enjoyable weekend away.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled as a couple
15  Thank bamatraveler3
Reviewed November 27, 2009

We stayed here the weekend before Thanksgiving for two nights. It was not crowded at all, so the service and attention to detail was even greater than normal. We upgraded to the executive level and had a corner suite. It had a full living room with its own bathroom in case someone came with us and used the pull out couch. The bedroom was very spacious with a desk and a lounge chair available. The bathroom had a seperate shower and soaking tub.
We ate at the Atlanta Grille fr breakfast one morning and I ate the french toast and my husband had the omelette. Both were great. We also at at the Mulino New York that is attached to the Ritz Carlton through a wonderful atrium. This is a very nice Italian restaurant that has great service and wonderful food. We also walked to the Hard Rock Cafe and drove to the High Museum and the Atlantic Station shopping venue during this trip. We tried to see Cacalia, but they were sold out, so get your tickets early!

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank RoseTroy3
Reviewed November 18, 2009

OK. I don't want to completely rip this hotel, because it was nice. However, for what it costs to stay here, I wasn't impressed. The rooms were nice and clean. However, I couldn't believe that for this price, they charged you to use the internet in their business center. I left my laptop at home thinking for the small amount of time I would actually need my computer, I could just use theirs. Big mistake. I can't believe for the cost of a R-C room, you can't use their internet for free. Also, how on earth in breakfast not included? I had friends in Atlanta for the same conference. They stayed at the Embassy Suites. It was closer to the conference center, $20 a night cheaper, they had a bigger room, free breakfast, and drinks from 530-730 each night. I would stay there next time. So, in general, the R-C Atlanta is nice, but not worth what you are charged.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank Hoosier_Travel_Nut
Reviewed November 17, 2009

As a former Ritz Carlton employee, I kind of knew what to except going into this trip.
Me and my then girlfriend drove up from new Orleans to Atlanta and stayed here (with my employee discount of course!!!) for 3 nights of sheer bliss.

First the location is superb. You are right down the street from the Coca Cola museum, Braves Baseball, downtown ATL, the MARTA, and a whole host of restaurants.

But the courteousness of the staff is what impressed me the the most. Upon finding out that I was a fellow RC employee, me and my girlfriend were comped a bottle of $100 Champagne, talk about service.

• Stayed: April 2006, traveled as a couple