“Very nice hotel”

Ranked #21 of 173 Hotels in Atlanta
Bostonn
“Very nice hotel”
Reviewed April 8, 2009

i Stayed at this hotel for 3 nights. The staff was friendly, an they gave me a coupon for free dessert at Atlantic Grill ( the Hotel's restaurant). The staff tried their best to call me by name.

The rooms are OK . I'm a Diamond VIP with Hilton and have other status withe different hotels, but quite frankly their wasnt any difference between this room and other hotel rooms ( Comparing it to Hilton, Embassy Suites, Doubletrees.. etc , not cheap hotels like Motel 6 etc.).

The Bed was Normal at best, i honestly like DoubleTree beds mucch better.The TV was nice, and the coffee was OK. Nothing fancy about the bathroom either. Just judging by this RItz, i dont see what the hype is about Ritz. As far as rooms go , it was just about the same as other hotels.

I would say the highlight of my stay was the training facility. it was very nice, with many cardio machines, but the most important par of it was the Gentlemen's Room within the facility. It had 2 showers, Sauna, and Steam Room ( the most important thing for me). Ther had everything for personal need ( shaving cream, soap, razor, mouthwash etc.) So i really liked that alot.

The Valet is $27 a day, and thats the only form of parking availabble. The front desk was very helpful, but usually most of them are friendly to me. I did however ask for an eye patch so i can sleep better, they didnt have one and couldnt provide one for me ( which you would expect Ritz be able to do that)

• Stayed January 2009, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (291)
New York
Reviewed March 2, 2009

We stayed at the Ritz Carlton in Atlanta while we were stranded there during a snow storm. We had previously been at the Weston in Atlanta and were delighted to find a much nicer hotel for less money in the city during our unintended delay.

The Ritz Carlton lived up to its reputation in every sense. Nice rooms, superior service, good food, etc. Additional it was a great value - especially since we so recently had something to compare it with. My only minor complaint is that the walls were a little thin and we could hear other guests at times. But that did not really detract from the stay at all.

We highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled with family
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed February 18, 2009

Stayed here for one night and it was one of the best hotel experiences I've ever had. The staff impressed me the most with their level of professionalism and willingness to help with questions. The room was magnificent in terms of size, layout, and quality of bed. Several months later I caught an issue with the billing, and the staff fixed it right away which also impressed me versus being directed to some kind of call center. The only thing I was a little hesitant on was the location. If you need to be in downtown Atlanta, its great - but I wasn't too thrilled with some of the characters hanging around downtown at night. Regardless I would stay here again.

• Stayed August 2008, traveled solo
1 Thank kingsmc46
Houston
Reviewed February 8, 2009

We stayed here on the Saturday after New Years coming back from a family reunion in North Carolina. Since we were in town to see the Houston Rockets play the Atlanta Hawks, we chose to stay here because of its proximity to the arena and because we knew the players were staying here. Having stayed at many Ritz Carltons in my lifetime, I would say that after the recent renovation, the Ritz Carlton Atlanta certainly rivals any other high end hotel, despite the minor drawbacks which show the hotel’s age.

LOCATION: If you’re looking to stay downtown, with the Four Seasons in uptown and the other Ritz in Buckhead, this is definitely your best option. It’s a short walking distance from all the attractions: World of Coca Cola, Georgia Aquarium, Philips Arena, Centennial Park, CNN center, ext. We didn’t hear any loud street noises at night as some others did. This was a problem at the Ritz in New Orleans but the area surrounding this hotel seemed to be just fine.

ROOMS: The hotel was fully refurbished from the bathrooms and rooms to the hallways. I favor this transformation from the traditional Victorian décor to a more modern design that is taking shape at many Ritz Carltons across the nation. All in all, the newly renovated rooms were probably the highlight of our stay: the mixture of gold and dark wood gives the room an inviting feel. The beds are lavishly done in typical Ritz Carlton style with feather duvets, Frette linens, ext. Other highlights of the renovations include a marble floored foyer, iPod docking stations, large flat screened TVs, and two queen beds instead of the typical two double beds. However, the only aspect of the room that was somewhat disappointing was the bathroom: it wasn’t just small, it was TINY. No separate shower, no deep soaking tub. To give you an idea, two people couldn’t physically fit in the room (not counting shower). Even though it was newly renovated with a lovely granite vanity and rain shower head, it was probably one of the smallest bathrooms I had ever seen in a hotel, much less a Ritz Carlton. However, despite this, I would still give the room 5 dots, which is a testament to just how nice it was.

SERVICE: The service at the Ritz Carlton Atlanta certainly met my expected standards and maybe even exceeded them. From the second I got out of the car, everybody knew our name. For a hotel with more than 400 rooms, you can’t underestimate how impressive that is. The woman at the front desk was especially cheery and greeted us by name every time we passed by and made every effort to please us. Without exception, every staff member extended every possible courtesy toward us. But at the Ritz Carlton, it’s the details that make the difference. Turn down service was absolutely fantastic, in addition to the typical stuff, it included slippers. The valet service hangs a list of local radio stations from the mirror in your car. Nice touch! It’s always difficult to find the right stations in cities your not familiar with. Also, in our room, there were multiple letters and cards personally addressed to us wishing us a nice stay. Thoughts like this separate the 5 star properties from the 4 star properties (like the Ritz Carlton in New Orleans we stayed at the week before).

DINING: Didn’t eat dinner or breakfast at the property, but we did have afternoon tea at the lobby lounge which was an interesting experience. The classic décor of the lobby lounge helps balance out the more modern feel of the hotel. The tea included sandwiches, miniature pastries, and petit fours. While it was delicious, I must warn you that they give you way too much food. In addition to the tea, you are given four miniature sandwiches and ten pastries per person. I assume its “proper” to just take a small bight of each item, but that would be so wasteful. Nevertheless, it was delicious and I would whole heartedly recommend it. Just know your going to have more food on your plate than you would expect.

MISCELLANEOUS: Also, it should be noted that this Ritz Carlton doesn’t really have a Spa which is shocking. They technically have a couple of “massage rooms” inside the Fitness room, which is also on the small side. In addition to the small bathrooms, these facts really show the hotel’s age. Also, like way too many Ritz Carlton’s I’ve stayed at there’s no pool. Get this: the last three Ritz Carlton’s I’ve been to have no pool while the last three Hampton Inn’s I’ve been to have a pool. The fact that the hotels are in the city is no excuse. Every single Four Seasons has a pool and a spa so the Ritz needs to catch up.

OVERALL: All in all, staying at the Ritz Carlton Atlanta was a nearly flawless experience, especially considering the great holiday value. However, despite the new renovation, the hotel still shows its age in some aspects. Nevertheless, the accommodations (minus the bathrooms) and the service at this hotel are some of the best I have ever experienced at a Ritz Carlton. Just note that many of the negative reviews for this hotel were in the past before the renovations.

• Liked — superb service, nice rooms
  • Disliked — tiny bathrooms
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled with family
5 Thank thehotelconnoisseur
TN
Reviewed January 26, 2009

Concierge staff was wonderful--very friendly and professional...We loved every bit of our stay. Very well run with long time employees who seemed to enjoy their jobs.

• Liked — The service
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled with family
Atlanta
Reviewed January 1, 2009

My husband and I stayed in a standard room at the Ritz in Atlanta for New Years Eve. This night and time of year may lend itself to be of different service and decor, but I highly recommend the Ritz in Atlanta. Between the staff, the service, and the comfortable room, I was very satisfied with the hotel and would stay here again.

First things first...parking your car in Atlanta. We choose to self park thinking we would save a couple of dollars. There is a public parking garage right next to the Ritz and you can get to it from the Peachtree Center (during business hours) otherwise you have to get the Ritz parking attendant to open the garage. It was 26 dollars to park for 24 hours so I don't know if we saved any money. There is also a open lot next door for 5 dollars but we saw a busted window in the lot and decided against an unattended lot.

Upon entering the hotel we were met by very friendly staff everywhere. There was no waiting in line and the front desk got us our room right away (even though we checked in early). There is a nice lounge in the lobby with a woman playing piano and a nice bar. They also had beautiful candles lit on all the tables in the lobby...making for a very relaxing atmosphere.

We booked a standard room with a King size bed and were on the 11th floor. The room was very clean. We got a turn down service at night. There are complimentary robes and shoe shine. They also have an ipod docking station in the room so you can listen to your own tunes. They also have a variety of coffees to brew with your in room coffee maker along with a couple small bottles of water. There is a refridge fully stocked but you must pay extra for items found there. They also have plenty of games and movies for those of you with kids. Our bed was very comfortable with super soft sheets, a feather bed, and very nice pillows.

A couple of very minor down falls. The bathroom was small. The sink in the bathroom, although very cool looking, was too tall. Also, with all the nice ammenities offered in the room, there was no hair dryer. Noise was also a slight concern. Our stay was on New Years Eve so traffic outside along with noise in the halls was a little loud. The noise kept me up, but did not seem to bother my husband. We did stay on the Peachtree Street side of the hotel so traffic noise may be better on the back side of the hotel.

The service I got from phone calls made to the front desk, reservations at the Atlanta Grill, room service, etc. was excellent. The employees here go out of their way to say hello and make sure you are satisfied with your service.

We got a great deal on this hotel. If you are looking for a hassle free get away in the Atlanta area, the Ritz might be for you.

• Liked — service, location, and bed
  • Disliked — just a touch noisy
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled as a couple
2 Thank RCJOFGA
north wales
Reviewed December 30, 2008

have just returned from spending 2 nights in this hotel, and we feel very "spoiled".
we had the club level, and we were so glad we did! we enjoyed all the different foods and drinks - tried things we'd never had before!
we were traveling with 2 teenage boys - they loved the little things - like the chocolates on the pillow!
very enjoyable!!!

• Liked — absolutely everthing
  • Disliked — nothing!
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled with family