“Best Hotel”

Ranked #21 of 173 Hotels in Atlanta
Huntingdon Valley, Pennsylvania
“Best Hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2008

I stayed at the Ritz Carlton from 10/16 to 10/20 I can't say enough about how wonderful this hotel was durning my stay. The rooms are so clean and have everything you need, the honor bar had a great selection to choose from the beds were perfect as well. The staff are so very freindly and whatever you need you get. Next time I'm in Atlanta I will stay at this hotel. This is the Best hotel I have stayed at in Atlanta and I stayed in many as I travel to Atlanta often.

• Liked — The great service from the staff
  • Disliked — There wa nothing I did not like
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled on business
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (281)
SYDNEY
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2008

great hotel, very friendly stuff.

stayed at this hotel for a 3 nites stay as my husband to a conference in town.

One of the best hotels I've ever stayed at!

great choice great value for money!

O

• Liked — the friendlyness of the stuff
  • Disliked — not great location for shooping
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled on business
Hermosa Beach, California
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2008

In general this is a very fine hotel, but not quite up to Ritz Carlton standards. First the good: the staff is excellent, very helpful and friendly. The bed is very comfortable. Very centrally located. Decor is modern and rooms are nicely appointed, spacious with flat screens, iPod players, and easy to use alarm clocks.

The annoyances (e.g. things I expect better from a hotel of this caliber): The robe in the room was stained, there were no slippers, the soaps are heavily perfumed, shower had some mold in the corner, missed turn-down service one night, served a breakfast fruit plate with unripe and low quality fruit, room key must be used in elevator to access all guest rooms at all times. Gym is small converted suite. (But, equipment is new and in good working order with TVs. Water, fruit and fresh headphones are provided.)

If you stay in 5-star hotels often, you will not be aghast at this property, but you will notice there are small details left unattended.

• Liked — iPod player
  • Disliked — bathroom soaps
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled on business
1 Thank vgchao
nc
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2008

My niece, at 14, recently underwent a serious illness. She was at a point she could travel and wanted to have a weekend in Atlanta and visit the acquarium and Coke museum. Having stayed at this location several times in recent years, I knew this was where I wanted to rendezvous. My niece, her mother, and I met at the Ritz in downtown Atlanta and enjoyed every minutes of it!

DECOR/OVERALL ATTITUDE: The Ritz has recently had a major renovation...it was transformed from formal traditional decor to an ecclectic and inviting motif. It is absolutely divine! Someone did an excellent choice of colors and design! But, it was not just the furbishings that had changed---everybody who worked at the Ritz (from the bellman to the cocktail waitress) were cordial, helpful, and wore smiles as if they really enjoyed their jobs! Please understand, I have always had nothing but the highest esteem and compliments for the staff at this particular hotel; but, this time, it was even better than I ever remember or expected.

ROOMS: Our room had up-to-date colors and wonderful bath products. Our beds were so comfortable we never wanted to get out of them. Nightly turn-down was fantastic --they accommodated our every request! I was asked many, many times to please be sure and tell them whatever I needed and they would take care of it for me. I literally wanted for nothing---and, neither did my niece or my sister!

COSTS: I thought pricing was reasonable--although we had booked a special. And, by the way, if you use the MARTA, it is literally direclty across the street. It is great to go to the airport or up to Buckhead or to Lenox Square, etc. Plus, Marta is so inexpensive!

FOOD: Everything we ate at the Ritz was excellent! Some things were pricier than others; but, as a whole, it was all well worth the price. You get what you pay for!

• Liked — beds, bath products, room design, staff
  • Disliked — no pool
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
1 Thank txtonc
baltimore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2008

I traveled for business and stayed at the Ritz for one night during the week. The MARTA is steps from the door of the Ritz. From the time I checked in, I was impressed with the service. The bed was the most comfortable I have ever slept in. The gym was one of the nicest I have ever worked out in. It seemed they went out of their way to make your stay enjoyable. I would highly recommend giving the Ritz a try if you have never experienced this service.

• Stayed August 2008
calgary
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2008

From the moment you have the doors opened, this hotel proves itself as the model of gentile and excellent service. Rooms are not huge, but excellently furnished and beds are some of the best.

It's the service though, that makes this smallish hotel a five star in my mind.

Stayed August 2008
New Orleans, Louisiana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2008

We booked Ritz Carlton for two nights in Atlanta on a Friday and Saturday night for business .When looking at the Ritz Carlton website I realized the rates at the 2 hotel locations I was booking seemed alot lower than in recent months.I considered It was due to them trying to fill empty rooms and booked online.
When we arrived at the property we found very quick and friendly valet ,check in and bell hop service.The rooms were very clean, updated and comfortable.Friday night we ate at Atlanta Grill on the hotel property.Great meal with great service(Alex,server was awesome)after dinner we turned in early and never heard a single voice or door all night.It was super quiet and the beds and linens are incredible.Saturday morning we had breakfast buffet at the Atlanta Grill once again.After a full day of work returned and dedcided to order room service,and a movie.Then the "Party" began.And I mean "Party".The new lower rates bring a very new clientele to Ritz Carlton.The "Weekend Warriors" had arrived. They arrived with their sound systems,coolers, music and loud trashy mouths.We had to finally call and complain at 11pm.When the security guards actually arrived on our floor,the music was still blasting( to our justice)They decided to move them to another floor and gave them the opportunity to pack up while they waited for them in the hallway. Two calls, loud arguments and a drunk crying women in the hallway,the place went silent once again.Its now 1am and we missed our movie and eaten half of our 95.00 room service. It was over the top that the hotel let this display go on in the hallway with "Real" Ritz Carlton customers having to listen to this nonsense for over two hours.We checked out and found they had paid for our last night.As appreciative of this as I was,It shouldnt have had to be removed from our bill.I think Ritz Carlton should reconsider the lower rates might actually be costing them more money in the long run.The double edge sword of new lower rates for all, bring a really bad time for some.

• Liked — Great comfortable rooms
  • Disliked — Loud drunk people next door
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled on business