“Atlanta stay”

The Ritz-Carlton, Atlanta
Ranked #24 of 174 Hotels in Atlanta
Reviewed June 4, 2014

Stayed for a couple of nights at end of golf trip in Nov. Staff very friendly and helpful, restaraunt excellent, very fine mojitos!! Everything you'd expect from a Ritz Carlton,will definately use again and would certainly recommend if ever in Atlanta.

Room Tip: Couldn't really help as we were allocated room on arrival, which was fine.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank GazBet
Write a ReviewReviews (1,626)

Reviewed June 3, 2014 via mobile

Ritz customer service is the best they really cater to customer needs

Stayed at this property for one night Also ate at Atlanta grill breakfast and lunch

Pros:-
-walking distance to coca cola and aquarium.
- nice and clean property.
- gym open 24 hrs which has steam and sauna room.
-breakfast was good
- people were friendly.

Cons:-

- lunch was not as great.
- parking is valet only I like to park myself so I parked next door $30 one night
-no pool on property

Stayed: May 2014
2  Thank Gary D
Reviewed June 2, 2014

Came down for a quick one night get away with my husband. Fabulous on line deal included valet parking and breakfast.

The staff was the usual amazing wonderful, all about customer service , which we have come to expect at any Ritz.

The interior was just kind if weird. Seemed like a bit of a late 80s throw back with black paneling super glitzy light fixtures and really ugly hallway carpeting ...our bed sheets had holes in them which was super surprising

We had a room facing Peachtree and it was LOUD!! People hooting and hollering in the street and rooms around us with doors banging and people yelling as they passed by our room at one am

Breakfast in the grill room the next morning was fantastic. Great food awesome staff.

We have stayed at the Buckhead location and Lake Oconee , this Ritz just didn't seem to be on the same level in terms of decor But the staff was all top notch

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank Alicia67
Reviewed June 2, 2014

As a mothers day treat my husband surprised me with an over night stay downtown at the Ritz. He booked a suite for us, we arrived at 3:00 to check in but the room wasn't ready. We were told it would only take about 30 minutes and we actually spent over 2 hours wasting money at the bar in the hotel lobby. I understand that some people check out late, but I was very disappointed they didn't even offer a discount towards our next stay. The hotel is beautiful, the staff was amazing but next time we will stick with the hotels that have more concern about guest being inconvenienced. We wasn't even offered a later check out time or anything to make up for our room not being ready. I really did expect better service than what we received.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Connie T
ManuelDeisen, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, Atlanta, responded to this reviewResponded June 8, 2014

Dear Connie, I am very sorry about the check in delay spoiling your surprise get away. I have sent you a private message with my contact information hopeful that I may be able to follow up with you personally. Kind regards.

Reviewed May 29, 2014

We chose this hotel because they offered a special that included valet parking and a $50 breakfast credit for each day of our stay (note: the credit only applies to breakfast). The room was very clean, food was delicious. The Atlanta grill offers nice outdoor seating, and the lounge is nice place for an afternoon drink/snack. Very accommodating staff - an overall enjoyable stay.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank KLynn616
Reviewed May 29, 2014

I stayed at the Ritz Carlton, downtown (on Peachtree, of course) during the Memorial Day weekend. While the Ritz is everything you would expect for the price, I found the annoyance level of staying there such that it will not warrant a return visit from me.

The people there are wonderful. They are dotting, friendly, and are great at anticipating your needs. I mean everyone from the valet parking attendants, registration, bellmen, room service are awesome.

The room amenities are terrific. They have firm beds with pillow tops and multi thread cotton sheets. Nice décor. I am disabled and their walk-in shower design was perfect and worked without splashing water (or flooding) all over the floor. Unfortunately, their version of a disabled toilet is to use the usual lowboy toilet and then surround it with rails. My disability makes getting up from low places extremely difficult. They need to discover the higher toilets that are more accommodating for the disabled.

Prices are high for everything (like old JP Morgan said, “If you have to ask the price, you can't afford it”): drinks in the bar, 5 drinks without tip, $72.00; and room service, fruit plate, large coffee, cheddar biscuits, $48.00. For the $220 price for dinner, the food was superb. Their chef creates imaginative dishes cooked perfectly. The coffee, which appears to come from a Bunn Coffeemaker, is horrid. They need to discover a French press or learn to make good coffee on demand (this goes for room service too). The Atlanta Grill environment is beautiful with multi-color wood paneling and old black and white photos of Atlanta.

Ok, now here is why I will never go back. The street next to the hotel seems to attract multiple groups of folks on Harleys, people who really, really like to share their music with you, and a loud and boisterous crowd at Sweet Georgia’s across the street. This general racket goes on until 2 am. For the cost of the rooms, I got less sleep than I would at a cheaper motel. Yes, I know this is something the Ritz can’t control (not like they can just move the whole dang hotel). Unfortunately, where I considered making this my go-to hotel for weekends in Atlanta, I am afraid it was a deal breaker.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from Peachtree Street.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank jlday1256
ManuelDeisen, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, Atlanta, responded to this reviewResponded May 30, 2014

Dear Mr. Day, thank you very much for your wonderful feedback reagarding our staff and the hotel in general. Your recommendations regarding the handicap accessible toilet and coffee are well taken. I apologize for the street noise due to the Memorial Day parade and the festivities associated with special events like these. We have noted your preference for a higher floor. Kind regards.

Reviewed May 27, 2014 via mobile

Perfect downtown location. Tons to do in walking distance. From the valet parking forward the costumer service was spot on at every turn. Made our three year old son feel incredibly welcomed and well cared for as well.

Ate at on sight restaurant Atlanta Grill for three meals. Food was well executed and cooked to perfection. Menu was somewhat generic but not overly so..

Room was nice but a bit dated. Bed was extremely comfortable. As some others have noted bathrooms seem disproportionately small. Over all room was clean and inviting. (Had some wonky issues with electricity - lights kept turning on and off on their own at night and the sink didn't drain so well. Called housekeeping to fix it but it never was repaired.)

All in all the costumer service and location dramatically outweighed the negatives with the room. Would recommend to anyone.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family