“Good hotel for the price”

The Ritz-Carlton, Atlanta
Ranked #22 of 172 Hotels in Atlanta
Reviewed April 26, 2014

This is a good and efficient hotel for business travel. Not typical ritz service and facility, however, this is a good hotel for the price I paid for. One thing annoyed me was that house keeping was knocking on many doors starting seven am trying to finish her job as quick as possible. I felt like they were trying to rushing me out. This is absolutely not acceptable.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
ManuelDeisen, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, Atlanta, responded to this reviewResponded April 28, 2014

Thank you very much for your feedback. I apologize for the early morning noise disturbance and would love to learn more about it. I have sent you a private message with my contact information. We start our Housekeeping Service at 8.00am on weekdays and 9.00am on week-ends. Kind regards.

Reviewed April 26, 2014

I usually have no complaints about this hotel but I was quite frustrated with this stay. At first we had no hot water which was resolved with a phone call -they had to adjust something but assured me there wasn't a problem even thought they told me they adjusted something. I would rather them say it is a problem than say there isn't one and then fix it. I feel like I am being lied to. Even then the water pressure was weak and varied and not what I expect from a Ritz Carlton.

At checkout I mentioned the problem and the checkout agent said she would take of the charge for Internet as a courtesy. I told her that I was a Ritz Carlton Rewards Gold Elite and I got free Internet anyways. She told me there was no such benefit and she had recently told a Platinum the same and he was upset. This is of course NOT true and it is ridiculous that the front line staff is not trained on this. Additionally all other properties automatically take the charge off (including this one in the past)

I have sent two emails to the only public addresses about a problem and have not gotten a response. So maybe I will get a response via social media. It is unfortunate you are ignored until you post on social media these days

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Russell W
ManuelDeisen, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, Atlanta, responded to this reviewResponded April 29, 2014

Dear Russell, thank you very much for taking my call. I apologize for the opportunities you encountered. We will certainly focus on training our new staff members on the Marriott and Ritz-Carlton Rewards programs and the benefits associated with each status level. The defective showerhead will be replaced. Thank you again for bringing both issues to our attention.

Reviewed April 25, 2014

Unbeatable service from every one of the staff and large well appointed room made for the feeling of retreating to a private city club. I always come back to this location because the treat me like a member not just a guest. For staying downtown there is no better place.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business

Thank you so much for your lovely review and most important your loyalty. We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed April 22, 2014

While many reviewers have noted that the rooms are a bit outdated, I also found the rates to be very reasonable and thus was not surprised and was quite happy and comfortable. We upgraded to club room access and I was glad we did. Micah Dean, who worked in the evenings, was just exceptional and went out of his way to make it a pleasant experience for my family (I was juggling two kids, and he was just so helpful and understanding). We also loved the cook in the lounge, who was so friendly and accommodating. The rest of the lounge staff was not up to par with those two.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed April 19, 2014

We drove to the Ritz Carlton for a quick weekend getaway in downtown Atlanta. The property is easy to find and in good location. Checking in was a breeze and the accommodations are what we expect of a Ritz Carlton. The staff was courteous and helpful although we didn't have to many interactions with them. Housecleaning and turn-down services were done daily. The room was clean and nice. Very comfortable beds and room for a standard room. We very much enjoyed our stay at this particular location, and we will be doing it again soon!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 19, 2014 via mobile

The hotel was in a great location. Walking distance to the Georgia aquarium. Great service, treated very well by all employees we encountered. My only complaint is the hotel rooms are a little worn. Some dust on the bathroom lights. Wallpaper a little tattered. But overall nice stay.

• Stayed: April 2014
Reviewed April 19, 2014

We stayed here on our weekend away in atlanta. We wanted something walking distance to the aquarium, Olympic park, etc and the ritz fit the bill.

Hotel is nice, but agree with the other reviewers....it's not the same. It's an older hotel. My recommendation to the hotel is to pay attention to the details...for example, does the shower drain, is there enough towels, etc. we had some minor problems like that, but the service took care of all of them with a smile.

The staff is among the top for the ritz. Everyone (and I mean everyone!) was friendly and helpful. This is why we would stay at the ritz again.

Related to the service, I was disappointed that the ritz didn't offer options for transportation. One lesson learned to share is to be careful with taking cabs...they will take you (figuratively and literally). We learned the hard way. For example, I used uberx for the ride home and it was half of the way going. I was disappointed that the ritz advised 'cab' was the way to go and didn't point me in other transportation options, but live and learn. Hope this helps someone.

The accommodations are nice, but not fantastic. The service throws it over the edge to the ritz standards.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family