“A delight”

The Ritz-Carlton, Atlanta
Ranked #22 of 172 Hotels in Atlanta
Reviewed December 29, 2013

Had a great stay here for a conference and a little bit of sight seeing. Really nice hotel in the heart of it all. Staff were fantastic and the gym was great with everything you need to start your day well!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for The Ritz-Carlton, Atlanta

Reviewed December 27, 2013

All the amenities and the service expected at the Ritz Carlton with a smaller price tag and a very central location. I was not really sure what to expect after reading other reviews but was very pleasantly surprised. The staff was friendly, helpful and always professional. Loved it and will definitely be back.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
ManuelDeisen, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, Atlanta, responded to this reviewResponded January 2, 2014

Dear Manny, thank you very much for your positive feedback. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed December 27, 2013

My husband and I decided to start a holiday tradition of staying at a nice hotel in the city on special occasions if we're in town. This Christmas eve we chose the Ritz Carlton downtown Atlanta. The Ritz was very nice and the service was exceptional. We received a Christmas card and gift from the hotel and with the Expedia.com package we booked we got a complementary breakfast for two and free valet parking. A great way to start our new Christmas tradition!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you so much for starting your Holiday traditions with The Ritz-Carlton, Atlanta. We appreciate your great comments and please do keep us in mind for future special occasions.

Reviewed December 22, 2013

This hotel appeared to be an old refurbished building on the north side of downtown Atlanta. Im always weary of old converted hotels- I dont find them charming & the rates were very low, so I think I adjusted my expectations accordingly prior to arrival. I stayed in a 2 bathroom suite with a living room.

The lobby bar area is pretty and very deceiving as the stylish decor and downtown vibe ends there. It was also totally empty

Here's my experience:
- room smelled of cigar smoke
-windows do not open at all, not even a crack- I have stayed in many traditional high rise hotels in downtown cities like the peninsula chicago for example, and their windows open.
- room was DIRTY. Not just a little unkempt, FILTHY. The yellow couch in the living room portion was literally blackened in certain areas. The carpet was dirty. I felt the need to rinse the glasses on hot water- there's a difference between doing this to be cautious vs feeling a NEED to do so.
-Ironically, the bathrooms & bed seemed fresh and clean & didnt really make sense with the filth in the rest of the rooms. I admit all the linens were very clean.
- I did get the vibe that EVERYONE was looking for a tip. The bell hop basically took the 20 out of my hand before I had a chance to hand it over to him!

The Food
- Holy hell, I was scared to eat it. My steak SMELLED awful. Like boiled rotten dog meat. I did not touch it. My salad looked like the kind of salad you buy in a bag at a gas station.
- they actually give you bisquits and I have to say- they were quite good.

Bad food is my pet peeve, and room service should always be straight forward and consistently "good enough" at any Ritz. This food was lower end than a truck stop and I was too scared to eat it- thats a new low.

Bottom line: if you can avoid staying here do so. The sad fact is that RItz Carlton USED to mean something. When I was growing up, if we as a family wanted to try a new destination that we were unfamiliar with we always chose a Ritz bc we knew it was a "safe bet" and that wed enjoy our stay. I realize times change and I realize places age- but to be dirty like a motel off the expressway and to have inedible food is so sad. I dont wish places out of business or for people to lose jobs- but there is not reason this hotel should have the name Ritz.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank ChloeLove

Thank you for sharing your observations with us. I have sent you a private message with the intent to apologize and follow up with you personally as your experience was unusually disappointing. Just a small correction to your opening statement: The Ritz-Carlton, Atlanta opened its doors in April 1984 in this exact same building/location. The hotel was newly constructed back then. I look forward to connecting with you.

Reviewed December 21, 2013

The staff were excellent; the casual restaurant was also outstanding. The suites were well done. The hotel could benefit from a car service for short distances and from better room service. The hotel could also better direct guests to location attractions and shopping.

Room Tip: Ask for a view across Peachtree.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family

Thank you very much for your recognition and constructive feedback. I apologize that you were not made aware of our complimentary hotel chauffeur services which we do offer to our hotel guests traveling to city destinations within a 5 mile radius. Hopefully your future travels will allow for a return visit to The Ritz-Carlton, Atlanta and you will be able to take advantage of this great amenity.

Reviewed December 21, 2013

From the time we arrived until we left the staff at the Ritz were excellent! Check-in was smooth and the flute of champagne didn't hurt! The staff was extremely helpful and courteous. We came to Atlanta to see P!nk and left our tickets at home! Lucinda at the concierges desk helped us get our tickets reprinted and was kind enough to act like this happens all the time.
The rooms were well appointed and, when I finally got to it, the bed was extremely comfortable. The towels were wonderful and I want some at home! We were definitely spoiled. On check-out the staff recommended an excellent place for brunch.
All in all, it was an excellent trip made so by an excellent hotel and staff.

Room Tip: We stayed on the club level, but I don't think there is a bad room in the hotel.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends

Thank you for taking the time to recognize our ladies and gentlemen - in particular Lucinda, one of our great concierges. I will surely pass on your praise.

Reviewed December 20, 2013

From the moment we arrived the service was excellent till we checked out! We only stayed one night - wish it could have been more and will plan to stay again in the future! Super comfy corner room - very spacious! Bed slept great! We enjoyed breakfast at the Atlanta Grill - very fresh and local!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Ms. Graves, thank you very much for your compliments - we look forward to welcoming you back soon!