“Delightful Staff and Charm”

The Ritz-Carlton, Atlanta
Ranked #24 of 172 Hotels in Atlanta
Reviewed July 7, 2013

Stayed at the hotel for a week as part of a state delegation attending an annual meeting at the Georgia Conference Center. The staff is truly exceptional: Kayla, the guest relations coordinator; Martin, the bartender at the lounge in the lobby; Bridget, at the front desk; and countless others (sorry I cannot mention each and everyone of you!) The service was outstanding. Housekeeping attends to the room in the AM and again in the PM (turn down service and a room refresh.) Nice! Bottled water is complimentary. Complimentary coffee is offered in the lobby on weekdays (and is, of course, also in your room.) Jellybeans and iced tea were offered each afternoon (also complimentary in the lobby daily.) While the dining options in the hotel are pricey, there were many other reasonable options available in the vicinity of the hotel. I stayed in an accessible room (walk-in shower, closet rod & bathroom hooks were at the height necessary for someone in a wheelchair.) The room was large; had lots of lighting options, several chairs (both upholstered and desk-type), a comfortable king-size bed, and many amenities (wooden valet, bathrobe, shoe horn and polishing cloth; shower cap-so many hotels no longer provide them-plenty of soft towels, extra pillow & blanket, and daily newspapers,) The outside view was nothing special (street, office buildings, restaurants.) I only had two things that were disappointing during my week: the water pressure in the shower was low and the Internet in my room required a daily charge (I think that Internet service should be complimentary in this day and age!) While I paid the charge for the service, I discovered that it only entitled me to use Internet service in my room; I wasn't able to access the service in the meeting rooms even though they were located in the hotel. The AC was finicky at times, too. There was one other little glitch: the elevator that allowed guests to get to the meeting rooms was out of order one day. That was a hassle for the disabled guests. Fortunately, it was repaired within 24 hours. I would recommend this hotel to anyone seeking excellent service and a convenient, downtown location.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed July 6, 2013

I recently traveled to Atlanta for business. Service was great, which is expected at the Ritz. However, the rooms need updating. Initially during my stay, I had a corner room. Looks like the only thing updated was the phones, radio and TV. There was a greeting card with treats and fresh fruit, it was real good, only problem, the card was addressed to someone else, crazy!!! Then, one night I ironed my suit in preparation for my next day. I laid my suit out on the chair in the room. The following day, I get ready and get dressed, there is a HUGE spider on my suit!!! I can't stand spiders. Called for service, they came immediately. They wanted to change my room, I changed rooms after I went to a meeting. The room was even more outdated. It had cordless phones I hadn't seen since 1990s. I decided not to change rooms again. I probably won't be staying here again.

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed July 3, 2013

My wife and I recently stayed at the Ritz-Carlton Atlanta during a 25th Anniversary trip. We stayed in a corner room on the 17th floor. The room was up-to-date and spotless for our visit. Valet service was excellent on our arrival and each time we needed to use our vehicle through the weekend. Front desk was prepared for our visit - quickly checked us in - professional, friendly service. Champagne and peach tea were offered on our arrival. The peach tea was most welcome following a walk downtown later in the day. We chose the bed and breakfast package which included parking and breakfast in the Atlanta Grille. We particularly enjoyed breakfast - again excellent service and nice variety. Typical stay at the Ritz - service, service, service...

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 1, 2013

This is my favorite downtown Atlanta hotel, because of the excellent service and breakfast. Valet is fast, and the front desk staff is personable and friendly, in fact all of the staff was nice and positive. They gave out champagne when we got there and macaroons when we left. It's only two blocks from the Tabernacle and within walking distance to Americasmart. The view from the room wasn't great, but the room was large. I would recommend getting a package that includes breakfast, because they make a delicious, but expensive breakfast.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 29, 2013

I took my daughter to Atlanta to watch a concert at Philips Arena which is close to this hotel. The people at the club lounge were amazing! I forgot the name but she mentioned that she works in the evening. When she found out that we couldn't make it for dessert in the lounge cause we have to be in the concert, she sent desserts in our room and surprised us when we got back from the concert. That was a very nice gesture!
I would suggest booking on the club level, it's worth it!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 28, 2013

stayed here for two nights, walking in, an employee asked if I wanted champagne. Valet was fast, check in the same and everything was explained. Being a first time at the Ritz, up to the room, clean and elegant. Got the car out of valet fairly quickly. Bottled water at the valet stand. Upon return, I noticed you needed to use your card key to use the elevator. Funny, cause when I got to my floor, there was a young lady who did not fit the Ritz customer look who sauntered to the other end of the hall. I slipped into my room. The hallway lights was bright as it shined through the gap of the bottom of the door. Ah, a bath towel fixed that. Noticed there was no electrical outlets by the bed stand, I think mentioned in one of the reviews. Turndown service was good, replacing items that had been used. Breakfast was good and included with my rate. The second day, I spoke to Harold, the omelette station chef, very personable. Fitness center was clean with newer machines, bottled water and fruit. Only thing I would mark down, but it was not hotel related, was the traffic jam trying to get to the hotel Saturday night. Seems like everyone and their mother was cruising down Peachtree. Everything was fine with checkout and while checking my folio once I arrived home, I noticed an additional breakfast charge. I called the hotel who referred me to accounting. Cassandra from accounting said she could not look up my reservation, so I emailed her my confirmation on the spot. The next day, I received an email that the charge was reversed. Three days after that, the reverse charge was on my credit card account. Oh, did not notice that the business center was closed on the weekend, to print the boarding pass. The desk directed me to the smaller business center on the first level, did the trick. First stay at a Ritz, makes me consider staying at Ritzs on my next travels.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank TravelingChumley
Reviewed June 14, 2013

The hotel is in good shape due to recent renovations. They've gotten away from the traditional Ritz-Carlton look. The stay was very nice. The rooms were simplistic yet elegant. The staff is very knowledgable about the downtown area and local attractions. The valet and doorman are too aggressive in their greeting you. It is almost overkill. The Atlanta grille-the only hotel restaurant- isn't worth the money you pay for the worth. You are paying the for the Ritz-Brand not the food quality.

• Stayed: May 2013