“Great Stay!”

Ranked #20 of 171 Hotels in Atlanta
Ohio
“Great Stay!”
Reviewed May 3, 2013

I've never stayed at a Ritz before, but I will say that is was all I expected. The service was wonderful, I'm not sure how I've made it this long without turn down service! There isn't much to do around the hotel, which didn't factor in much for me as I was at the hotel for a conference. Staff was gracious, the rooms were lovely and the bed was amazing.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Celeste5

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (294)
York, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 1, 2013

This was my second stay and I absolutely love this hotel. The staff are excellent and the commitment to customer service is as good as I have experienced. I was lucky enough to have an executive suite. It was spacious, quiet and immaculate. So good, in fact, that it was a struggle to leave for my business meetings. The main restaurant was being refurbished during my visit, which was a shame, but they coped very well with alternative dining arrangements.

The hotel is well located in downtown Atlanta. “Hooters” is just around the corner, but I didn’t go in there (much). My recommendation is get a cab to “Blind Willie's” for live blues and Cajun food. Perfect.

I look forward to returning.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank TwitchyBob
Placida, Florida
Reviewed May 1, 2013

I don't say the word "perfect" often, but I could not find fault with this hotel and I tried. From curbside to front desk - the greeting was wonderful. A bellman brought us a cold glass of champagne as we checked in - SO nice after a long drive. Our room was spacious, well appointed, sheets were lovely and it had no condition issues whatsoever.
Our rate included valet parking and $48 worth of breakfast in the clubby, lovely Atlanta Grille.
Overall, service was excellent in all parts of the hotel. I did miss having a pool and/or spa, but there's so much to do in Atlanta that it really didn't matter.

Room Tip: Ask for a corner room
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank CiteeGirl
Winter Park, Florida
Reviewed April 30, 2013

We have spent a total of about 20 nights at the Ritz Carlton in Downtown ATL over the past couple of months and really love the place. I would highly recommend the property definitely with some of the online rates over the weekends. The only drawback for a weekend escape is the lack of a spa or pool facility. The fitness room is more than what is expected at a business hotel and the lobby bar offers an eclectic selection of drinks and food.

Room Tip: Ask for a corner room on the end of the hall facing Peachtree St.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Greenville, South Carolina
Reviewed April 29, 2013 via mobile

Got a great online rate for a single night stay. Was immediately greeted by several staff and felt very welcome.
Pros:
- big room
- soft bed
- decent views from 12th floor
- friendly/helpful staff
Cons:
- husband noticed discolored tiles in shower from excessive cleaning(maybe mold?)
- dust on all tables and dressers
- woken up from 1:00 am-4:00 by neighboring rooms "enjoying themselves" loudly and smoking, which I'm allergic to

Needless to say, I did not wake up fully rested the next morning

• Stayed April 2013
Knoxville, Tennessee
Reviewed April 28, 2013

Nice, comfortable room and a fantastic location. Ate dinner at the hotel's Atlanta Grill.....fabulous steak, sides, and Cake Bread complete with Jazz band and nostalgic ambiance. Vintage photos of Atlanta's early years including the opening of "Gone with the WInd" at the Fox.

Had purchased a bed & breakfast promo (highly recommend as it ended up only costing an additional $7) so were back in the Atlanta Grill the next morning for the breakfast buffet.....cooked to order omelets with a superb selection- grains, fruits, grits, salmon, sausage, bacon, pancakes, waffles, etc. Been meaning to go back since before we left!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Bentleydawg
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 21, 2013

We visited the ritz in 2009 and stayed here for a week. As soon as we step out of the vehicle we were greeted by lovely men at the door who took our bags and offered us bottles of water and also offered us complimentary cookies and ice tea.

The bed was WONDERFUL ...

The restaurant .... we came here twice for breakfast and then dinner.

I had a simple burger etc.... it was VERY nice..... likewise the breakfast.

The hotel was lovely and quite , very nice for business and people that are looking for a nice shopping experience but also a relaxing experience....

The people working at the hotel was VERY helpful and new the area well

The rooms are exactly like the pictures....

great place to be!!!

Room Tip: Any room is good
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple