“Pure Luxury!!!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #21 of 172 Hotels in Atlanta
Houston, TX
“Pure Luxury!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2013

Stayed here during a girls weekend and it could not have been nicer. The service and attention at check-in was outstanding. The location near downtown attractions such as CNN, World of Coca-Cola and the Georgia Aquarium was great - about a 10-minute walk. There were closer hotels to those attractions, but I can't imagine any providing the service and luxury of the Ritz. The bar and restaurant were superb as well!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (278)
St. Paul, MN
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 27, 2013

In the era before 44 oz. beverages, giant SUVs, and McMansions, this hotel was built. Although the bathrooms aren't as large as many modern properties - meaning there's no giant soaking tub and separate walk-in shower - the rooms are spacious and well-appointed, and maintained.

So if you combine that with helpful service that manages to be friendly without that creepy bowing and scraping formality - there's a reason we don't live like the folks in Downton Abbey anymore - you will curl up in your quiet, quiet room under comfortable sheets and sleep soundly, wishing you could stay here all the time.

Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2013

Wonderful! The staff are extremely helpful and accommodating. The rooms are elegantly appointed and the beds are super comfy! There is a turn down service each night and housekeeping checks to see if there are additional needs. Hot cider is available in the lobby and peach jellybeans are available too.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the higher floor for a great view of the city.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2013

I didn't make the reservation for this stay, and it's not the kind of place that I tend to stay, but if you're looking for attention and ways to spend money, this is the place. The staff - lots of them everywhere from the valet parking to greeters by the front desk - is attentive. Taxi cost us $22 flat rate to go to Ruth's Chris less than a mile away. Nice rooms, expensive internet, parking $32 per night. Nice touch getting shoes shined gratis overnight. Very convenient location for a meeting that I had at the Commerce Club next door.

Room Tip: nice views of the city from rooms above 12th floor.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Dalton, Ga.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2013

Booked a deluxe king room for a night out with my wife for her birthday. Everything was absolutely perfect from check-in to check-out. Valet service upon arrival was speedy, as was check-in. The complementary champagne was unexpected and a nice touch. Our room (1209) was nicely decorated and spacious. Our king bed was very comfortable; however, the pillows left a little to be desired. We took advantage of use of the house car (Cadillac Escalade) to and from dinner and to the concert venue we were attending. I had booked the special occasion package including a rosé pedal turndown service, chocolate covered strawberries and a bottle of champagne. The champagne was left out by mistake but after placing a call to the front desk, it was brought to our room within minutes. Room service for breakfast was delicious, although a bit pricey. The thing that impressed us the most was the staff as it is second to none. I'm not sure how they do it but everyone called us by name, wished my wife a happy birthday, asked us how our dinner and concert was, etc. simply amazing. Loved everything about this place. We will definitely be planning a future visit.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Allentown, NJ
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2013

Spent 3 nights at this property with my wife and daughter when we were in town for CHEERSPORT Nationals. My wife booked early and got us a great rate on an Executive Suite.

Check-In: There was a very minor issue at check-in. They had our reservation but were having trouble finding our Marriott Rewards number on file. Got it squared away in no time and we were done with check in and in our room in a matter of minutes. The only other issue we had was that we did not know ahead of time that the concierge lounge needs to be booked ahead of time and it was already booked when we checked in. It was one of the reasons we booked the suite, since we thought it gave us access. Now we know for next time. We were informed that we had a $100 room credit as a suite guest and free WiFi, which was nice.

Staff: I cannot say enough about the staff at this hotel. From the front desk, to the bell staff and valets, to the restaurant staff and to housekeeping, these folks know how to treat their guests. The bellman that took us to our room went over the various aspects and details of the room and covered everything I could think of asking, without having to be asked. The valet staff, upon checkout asked us if we needed directions to our destination. The housekeeping staff was quick to respond to calls for a roll away bed, extra pillows and also in replacing the mattress for the fold out sofa. The restaurant staff was extremely pleasant and knowledgeable. The front desk staff was out in the lobby greeting guests as they came in off the street. These are the little touches that help make your stay at a property enjoyable. The last thing you want to deal with on any trip is a disagreeable or ineffectual staff.

Room: We had Executive Suite 523. The room was great. I'm not sure how old this property is, but if it is an older property, it sure is well kept and has held up well. The suite comes with a Bose DVD entertainment system in the living room and an iPod speaker system in the bedroom. There is two flat screen TVs and a charging station/computer plug ins near the desk in the bedroom. The bed was one of the most comfortable beds I've slept in. It was a step above the beds we've had at other Marriott brand hotels with their pillow top mattress. The bathrooms were on the small side and the main bath has a large, top mounted sink basin. It's a nice modern touch, but it eats up virtually all the counter space. The fold out bed for our daughter had stains (food) on it from prior use. We wouldn't have noticed it if the bed was made up as we requested, but we are glad we saw it. The first night, we just ordered a roll away bed from housekeeping, but it was really old and not very comfortable at all. We told housekeeping about the mattress. They came up to attempt to clean it, but said it couldn't be cleaned so they checked for a spare mattress. They came back in about 10-15 minutes with a newer mattress and swapped it out. Problem solved.

Restaurants/Bars: We ate at the Atlanta Grill one morning for breakfast. The service was great and the food was amazing. My wife did the buffet and had waffles and my daughter and I did a la carte. My daughter raved about the crepes and the blueberry pancakes with the peach compote was excellent as well. The staff also gave us a to go container for some pastries we didn't eat. We didn't have a chance to sit and have some drinks at Lumen, but in lieu of room service, my wife got our daughter some late night chicken fingers that ended up being slightly cheaper than room service since the add in a hefty service and delivery charge. The Lumen space itself is on the small side, but nicely appointed with comfortable couches and chairs and a very sleek, illuminated high bar table.

Location: The hotel is located in the downtown area. It is about a 15-20 minute walk to the Georgia World Congress Center and other attractions in Olympic Park (CNN, Coca-Cola World and Georgia Aquarium). The MARTA Peachtree Station is a short walk away as are some touristy dining options (Hard Rock Cafe and Hooters). We opted not to use MARTA because we would have had to walk up to Peachtree, take it one exit down to Five Points, then re-board another train to go one stop to the GWCC. We had friends staying at the Marriott Marquis that used MARTA and it took them 40 mins (door to door) to do this trip one day (they missed one train). It only takes 20 mins to do the walk as I mentioned earlier.

Overall: I would not hesitate to stay at this property again if we return to Atlanta. The staff, location and room comfort/amenities are worth it.

Room Tip: Executive Suite 523 overlooks Peachtree Street and is more than enough room for a family of 3 or 4 i...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2013

This well situated hotel in the core of downtown was a great retreat. I like the location being so convenient to the MARTA line, which can take you all over the city. Service across the board was outstanding from my very late check in to my departure. I like the extra small details; the fresh headphones in the fitness center, the four varieties of complimentary tea in the room, the extra towels that are there without having to call for them. My room was very comfortable, super clean and well appointed. I see some people have found the hotel a bit dated, but I think it is charming. I never felt anywhere was crowded or that I had to wait for anything. Room service is amazing, fast, great quality, served with a smile. The bread basket alone is worth the price. I would recommend it for anytime you want to be in downtown Atlanta.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business