“Old Beds Do NOT make good sleep!!!”

The Ritz-Carlton, Atlanta
Ranked #21 of 173 Hotels in Atlanta
Nassau, New Providence Island
“Old Beds Do NOT make good sleep!!!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

We stayed at the Ritz Carlton 17 January 2013 to 20 January 2013 and we stayed in room 2210; the room itself was clean well laid out and everything we expected of the Ritz upon entry; But the bed was old and worn the springs had gave no support and as a result both my husband and i complained of back aches; they attemt to camouflage teh age of of the bed with a feather bed but this is an epic fail...
The hotel itself is in a great location the reaturants and surrounding areas are perfect for a short get away as well as the STAFF were awesome; the hotel was fully booked due to the Sanfrancisco 49ers and the San Antoni Spurs both having games in Atlanta and all staying at the Ritz and despite this the STAFF were very attentive and friendly at all times

the only reason this review is Average is because they really need to change the beds if not in the entire hotel definitely in room 2210

Room Tip: The room wasnt bad but the BED in room 2210 needs to be discarded it felt atleast 10 years old
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (282)
Annapolis, Maryland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 22, 2013

Everything you want from a Ritz Carlton. Great staff, wonderful beds, great but pricey cocktails and all of the charm you could want. There are two distinct drawbacks. First and foremost is the location. There is nothing to walk to and even if there was you would be taking a chance doing it as it is not the best of neighborhoods. If you are arriving by car and plan to need one all the time you are fine since there is good freeway access and you are a very short drive from great food, shopping, etc. The second minor complaint is a very personal one. It is my opinion that a luxury hotel cannot have shower curtains. If you are really a Ritz or the like, invest in some glass doors. It makes a huge difference. Other than those two items, this is a great spot.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank askulk
Chattanooga, Tennessee
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2013

The staff was very friendly, helpful and makes you feel appreciated as a customer.

The location was great for downtown attractions such as the coke museum and aquarium. Easy walk to nightlife and restaurants from the hotel.

The room was very clean as expected but a little small compared to some other nearby properties. One thing I did notice was that the hotel did not seem to have the usual touches of the Ritz Carlton brand such as cloth hand towels in lobby bathroom etc.

The breakfast was lacking and should be avoided if it is not included in your room package.

Check out the lobby bar for a great place to have an after dinner drink.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Augusta, Georgia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2013 via mobile

We went to celebrate a birthday with 2 other couples that had never stayed at Ritz. I booked 3 rooms a couple of weeks in advance and requested that they be on same floor if possible. The rooms were nice, clean and the beds very comfortable, however in 2 of our rooms the robes on the back of door had hair on it from previous guest. Service was slow, we had to call for bags. Restaurant quality was below average. This was not worth the money and I felt bad that the 2 other couples paid for this fancy weekend that wasn't very fancy.

Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Moyock, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2013

I just LOVE the Ritz Carlton in downtown Atlanta. It is so nice to see the same faces each time I visit there. The room always meets my expectations. On my last visit, the outlet in the bathroom was not working. I made a call about it at 9:30 PM and someone showed up about 10 minutes later to fix it. We munched on freshly made chocolate chip cookies (that were awaiting us when we arrived back in our room!) while our outlet was being repaired. This will always be my go-to hotel whenever I have the pleasure of visiting Atlanta.

Room Tip: I always ask for a room on a higher floor so that I can see the views. You can see the Georgia Aquar...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 15, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is gorgeous. The rooms are superbly comfortable. Everything is modern and luxurious. And we got a really good deal, so it was well worth the stay, but still pricier than I'm used to.

We came for the Atlanta gift show and stayed a couple extra days to rest. Good choice!

We were greeted at the door, at the desk, at the elevator... Everywhere we were in the hotel and employee was friendly.

Great view from our windows of downtown
vendors though it was raining.

I highly recommend the Lumen bar in the lobby. It was always busy, the signature drinks are very good - apparently except for one which the waitress warned us away from.

I can't believe I've been to Atlanta before without splurging on this splendid hotel. Now I know!

• Stayed January 2013
New Delhi, India
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 12, 2013

I stayed at this place in December 2012 for 10 days while I had work in downtown. I found the experience very under-whelming I must say. I have been to five stars around the world and so I was expecting something of a five star experience. The room was nice and comfy, but nothing exhilarating. The service was decent but the hotel always looked over crowded. I felt that it had been overdone in places. The upsides for the hotel is its good location (bang in the middle of downtown).

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business