“We love staying at the Ritz, but....”

The Ritz-Carlton, Atlanta
Ranked #24 of 172 Hotels in Atlanta
Reviewed December 7, 2012

We are members of the frequent users of this hotel chain. There were individuals on this trip who meet and exceeded the standards we expect. The driver Randy and the somolie were two. The room was that of a basic Holiday Inn and the lounge was as tacky as it could be with high backed velvet seats and glass balls lit,someone has even taken a perfectly good chrystal chandelier and wrapped screens around them in an effort to look contemporary. The meal would have been wonderful and was in many ways had it not been for one peice of under cooked foie gras that made me sick and kept me up all night. Thankfully there are two in Atlanta.

• Stayed: December 2012
2  Thank Wntgrn

Reviewed December 3, 2012

I had a girls' night out and we stayed here after being out on the town. The room was everything you would expect from Ritz. The service was excellent. I ate breakfast at the hotel. It was very good but somewhat expensive. I'm looking forward to my next visit.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank hittheroader
Reviewed December 3, 2012

I stayed at the Ritz one night when in the area for business. In my experience, the service was top notch, starting with the valet parking. Although the "motor lobby" is a bit tight and congested, the valet staff did a good job of keeping things moving. The hotel lobby is not all that spacious, but it is nicely decorated. My room was very nice as you would expect from a high end hotel. An iPod docking station was on the night stand. The bed had an armanda of decorative pillows which were all neatly put aside by the turn down service before I returned from dinner. I thought the bed seemed too soft when I first sat it, however I slept wonderfully even though I like a fairly firm mattress. They also offer a complimentary (overnight) shoe shine service. I was particularly impressed by the rechargeable flashlight located in the closet. I felt they are serious about safety wanting to ensure everyone has a light if needed for a worst case evacuation.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank DEC62
Reviewed December 2, 2012

Stayed 3 nights for a conference at the Westin. Glad I stayed here (the Westin is a crowded behemoth of a hotel). Service was excellent, room was very good and spacious. Gym was ok, but small and limited weights. Wifi is extra. For a few bucks more than the Westin (with my corporate rate) the ritz is worth the extra $. But the food at the Atlantic Grill was just ok. Rays in the City was much better.

Room Tip: Ask for a high quiet room to stay away from the elevators. Wi fi is exta so be prepared.
1  Thank Joshua H
Reviewed December 2, 2012

I had a quick stay at the Ritz Carlton and it was very nice. Room was in great shape as I would expect from the Ritz Carlton. Service was very good. Business center had many workstations and was well equipped.

Only downside was breakfast buffet was a little skimpy and oddly laid out in their nice restaurant

I would definitely go back.

1  Thank edwardc148
Reviewed November 29, 2012

I stayed three nights in the Ritz-Carlton in Atlanta. Overall this was a good experience. Staff was very professional, friendly and provided good service (check in/out, breakfast, room-service).

The room is like most American hotel rooms: a big room with a desk to work, decoration/furniture not very appealing (but that is a matter of taste). Bathroom practical and clean but a bit outdated.

Food quality of both room service and breakfast was good.

No slippers and no safe, to keep valuable items locked away, which I would have expected in a Ritz-Carlton.

I payed 173 USD per night which I consider a fair price.

1  Thank koen75koen
Reviewed November 20, 2012

What a lovely place to stay. Very close to the Marta and World of Coca Cola. Once again, valet parking at a price, but that is the same as anywhere else here. We didn't eat at the hotel, it was our last stop before having to fly home.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple