“Great Weekend”

Ranked #21 of 173 Hotels in Atlanta
Memphis
“Great Weekend”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2012

My husband and I stayed here with our good friends over the weekend to celebrate a birthday. This Ritz is really beautiful. We stayed in a club room and the food presentations were really good. The cookies were awsome, the small plates for breakfast, lunch and dinner times were basically enough to satisfy without eating out. The alcohol service alone is enough to pay for the cost to upgrade. We were happy with our room, which had plenty of space for storage. The only complaint about the room was the bathroom sink, its a little wierd as it is not the kind of deep sink im use to but a more modern type of deal with not so good water pressure. We ate at the food place downstairs and it was pretty good. The best item on the menu to me was the corn bread muffins. My husband really liked the soup he ordered and the birthday boy had only good things to say about the steak. We went to the club across the street and it was AWSOME. The music over there and the food was exceptional and they stay open late. It was great to party like its 1999 and walk 10 steps accross the streeet to a great place to lay your head. I have stayed at both the downtown and buckhead Ritz and I am a little torn about which one I think is best. Downtown was close to things I enjoyed doing but Buckhead has a great spa, both are great, it just depends on what location you want to enjoy during your stay cause both Ritz in Atlanta are exceptional examples of what it is like to stay at the Ritz.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (282)
Tuscaloosa, Alabama, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 13, 2012

I'm a college student who works hard for my money...my wife and I both work full time will in engineering classes full time. So when we go on a trip like this, we have to be careful about budgeting to ensure we have a good time.

The hotel valet and bellhop staff is first rate, as expected from a Ritz. The front desk staff on the other hand, are not so brilliant. Upon checkin, I wanted to use a specific card for the rewards, so I made sure I had the full $750 available on the card, assuming that would be more than enough to cover the $583 room charge and an incidental charge as well. Upon checkin, I was told that the card would not cover the amount of $800 they were trying to authorize. I asked what that covered and they said they have the room plus $125 incidental charge. I may only be an engineering student, but last time I checked $583+$125 is not equal to $800. Instead, we charged the room to the credit card and $100 incidental to a debit card. No big deal, that just meant I would use my credit card to pay for gas and food on the way home. In addition to the hotel stay, we also had valet parking, attraction tickets, breakfast, and a $50/night hotel credit included in our rate. Unfortunately, the $50/night credit seemed incomprehensible to the hotel staff upon checkout. While I understand that using two separate cards is a wee bit unorthodox, I clearly explained to three different desk staff, on three different visits to the desk, that we had a hotel credit. The first person was in training so her confusion was excusable, although not that of the person helping her. She told us that we had not used all the credit, that we still had $35 left, and that she was going ahead and sending the $100 hold back to the debit card. That was apparently not the case, as when I went back after buying a candle in the gift shop ($37.50) the person checking the bill said she was sending that back now. Then I was told that our total charges where $102.09 so we had gone slightly over the credit. I asked, so $2.09 will be put on the credit card, correct? She replied yes, and proceeded to put $102.09 on the credit card. She made sure to put the print outs in an envelope, so I didn't see the fact that she had charged it wrong until we went back to the room. I went back downstairs and talked to the third person, who supposedly put the entire $102.09 back on the credit card and cleared out our balance. Fortunately I left some extra money to pay for gas home, because a day later, despite the person's reassurances that it would go back on my account, neither the $100 hold nor the $102.09 charge have been credited back to my debit/credit cards.

The room itself was nice, if a little dated, and the bathroom was rather small with the annoying door that swings practically into the toilet on its way to block entry to the shower/tub. Also, the magnifying mirror refused to stay pointed anywhere but down and the light stopped working while we were there.

On the second night we missed turndown service as they didn't place a card under the door saying they had come by while a privacy hanger was out. The first night they left a card so I called and had them come back. The second night, they left a voicemail but it was too late as they waited until we were out. They offered to come back at midnight, but it's more than a little awkward when you are in the room.

Also, the lack of a pool or at least a hot tub was missed.

One great thing was the $25 rose petal turndown. While it was romantic, it was also a lot of fun as we ended up throwing the petals at each other and laughing.

Room Tip: Go as high as possible.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Opelika, Alabama, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 11, 2012

Everything was perfect during our stay!! The staff is amazing. Every person we came in contact with was extremely friendly and helpful. The hotel is beautiful and we can't wait to stay again :-)

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 7, 2012

The staff at the ritz carlton is gracious, courteous and accommodating impectible service and are the hotels best assets. The hotel rooms are tired and worn. My room had leaking windows and the it smelled like an old pair of socks. No pool or spa this hotel lacks the ammenities that i would consider ritz carlton worthy.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 5, 2012

I was so excited to stay at a ritz carlton. An hour into my stay I broke out uncontrolably. I did get another room...but it was dirty! I wish there was another hotel available. I will never stay here again!

• Stayed February 2012
3 Thank marcieack
Nashville, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 31, 2012

In addition to the overwhelming attention to detail, they have things ready before you realize you need it. I can't wait to stay there again. For example - I was greeted with complimentary drink while checking in. I asked for a near by place to run, they have running routes printed out. They saw me leave and had water ready to offer me before I even hit the front door coming back. Amazing. The room service is fast and delicious. I highly recommend the restaraunt if you are looking for an exquisite meal.
The gym has a lot of equipment with a tucked away location. It's very nice.
I cannot wait for another excuse to come to Atlanta a stay here.

Room Tip: Request a city view if possible.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank 2tired2choose
Chattanooga, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2012

The staff is first class. When checking in, we were greeted with complimentary champagne. The room was spacious, and appointed very nicely. If you are staying in downtown Atlanta, do yourself a favor and stay here.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple