“A wonderful bithday gift”

The Ritz-Carlton, Atlanta
Ranked #25 of 173 Hotels in Atlanta
Reviewed November 12, 2011

I have stayed at this property in July 2011 for the 4th of July and my birthday celebration (a gift to myself) - and it was AMAZING. When the guy at check-in found out (my ID) I would be stayind there during my birthday - I was upgraded to an amazing suite with club access and the view of CNN building and centennial park.

During my 3 days stay, people at this hotel did they very best to make me feel comfortable - ESPECIALLY the staff from the club level lounge. I have received suggestions for tours, movie theaters, things to do around town. AND the nice complimentary driver service within I believe 3 miles radius was a nice thing to have.

I cannot say much about other rooms or breakfast, but club level access is definitely worth it - brekfast, luch, dinner, afternoon tea, complimentary internet service, and much more. If you dont want to - you dont even need to leave the place at all ;-) I have attached some pictures - hope it helps

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled solo
Write a ReviewReviews (1,593)

Reviewed November 6, 2011

I've stayed here numerous times. This Ritz is fine, but below quality of many other Ritz hotels. Service is quite good, but facilities need a refresh. Hallways and rooms feel a bit worn. Bellmen and front desk staff are extremely polite and helpful. Food at the restaurant is good, but service there is a bit spotty - some are great, some are a bit ambivalent. Gym in miniature - a disappointment. Very convenient to downtown businesses. Overall, pretty average.

Room Tip: Stay at the end of the hall because noise from the hallway can carry through the doors
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed October 29, 2011

I can't praise the staff at this hotel enough: they made my stay extraordinary. I often have trouble sleeping in hotels, but not here: the room was quiet, the bed firm but soft b/c of the featherbed top. It's close to Marta and much more intimate than the other mega-conference hotels. I spent much time figuring out where to stay in the downtown, and I'm convinced I made the right choice. The staff is what makes this hotel--it's nice enough, clean, and comfortable--but they're extraordinary. They go the extra distance.

• Stayed: October 2011
Reviewed October 22, 2011

Great location, service and staff. Good value. Suggest avoid rooms near to service elevator and ice machines as they can be nuisance with noise at night. Breakfast excellent however suggest try and get a package which includes both parking and breakfast

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 20, 2011

We recently stayed at the Ritz Carlton Atlanta. This was our second visit. And our second time staying on the club level. From the time to arriving at the hotel to our departure. Everyone was very friendly, courteous, professional and aimed to make our stay perfect. Our reason for going to Atlanta was to attend a Falcon/Packer football game. The hotel is a great location. Easy walk to the stadium.One hotel employee that really stood out for us was Mika on the club level. He had a way of making every hotel guest feel like they were just as special as the next. And every need was meet. We will definitely stay at this Ritz again. And highly recommend it.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 17, 2011

nice Hotel, the location was so so..the service excellent! the breakfast buffet very expensive for the variety. The room clean and with all you need...I had problem with the wifi at the room but they fixed.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 13, 2011

I booked a room with a king bed with Club Lounge access over the Columbus Day long weekend to attend an outstandinginthefield.com dinner at Gaia Gardens in Atlanta with my partner. He checked in ahead of me and was asked about my request for a room with a king bed (and not two queens...). Not a good beginning, particularly since it also happened to be Atlanta Pride that weekend. In all the hotels that we have stayed, such a request has never been questioned. So why here? And why now...?

This is a rather bland hotel from the outside. It doesn't look elegant or grand. Inside, if you stripped off the crown moulding and took away the wallpaper, it could be any other downtown hotel in any other big city. The room was not particularly large, nor was it particularly interesting from a design perspective. The art deco furniture is nice, though. The bed was very soft and comfortable, although I did find that my back ached when I woke up . The bathroom was small with just a single sink and no separate shower. Indeed, there was hardly enough counterspace for 2 people. The rooms are not nearly as grand as the ones in Kapalua, Maui or Boston Common.

There were two saving graces about our stay that made up for that front desk double-take. First, we had access to the Club Lounge on the 24th floor, and second, the people that work at this property (and in particular those who work on the Club Lounge floor) are helpful, attentive, and well, simply wonderful. They provided us advice for shopping and restaurants. And your glass was never empty, whether it was juice, coffee or wine.

Although my experience here was not unpleasant, it was not quite up to the level that I have come t expect of a Ritz Carlton property. The next time I am in Atlanta, I might do a double-take myself. I may end up at the Buckhead property which looks a bit newer and a bit more swish.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family