“Morning could not come fast enough for me!!!”

Residence Inn Atlanta Buckhead
Ranked #111 of 172 Hotels in Atlanta
Montgomery, Alabama
“Morning could not come fast enough for me!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 19, 2010

This was the 2nd worst hotel stay I have ever experienced. The only reason it was not the absolute worst is there was not an internal pest control problem. Our room was not ready when we arrived. There were swarms of bees throughout the walkways. We were provided what was supposed to be a newly renovated penthouse suite. However, the furniture and carpet was old and stained. I actually sat on top of coffee tables the entire time because of the filthiness. The wireless internet service was not working. The downstairs bed pulls down from the wall and falls very low to the floor. The front door was broken and we had to play with it to get it to close. The only positives were the location and the breakfast bar workers.

Stayed March 2010
2 Thank Real24_7

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
Maui, Hawaii
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 16, 2010

I have been staying at the Residence Inn on Piedmont Road in Atlanta . I live 85 miles one way from my work and use the Residence Inn 3 to 4 nights per week to ease the stress of driving everyday. This is an older facility but is up to Marriott's strict standards.The units are in separate buildings or cottages that are upstairs and downstairs. There are approximately 6 units per buliding. Clientele are 3/4's business people. There is free breakfast consisting of oatmeal (not package but homemade in a pot) with ingredigents to top it off with, eggs, breakfst meats, biscuits, toast, potatoes, etc. juice, good coffee (not weak as tea as some places I have stayed) etc. The woman that is charge of the breakfast works very hard and is always checking to make sure everything is filled up for the guests. Dinner is Tues., Wed., Thurs. and one night we had Barbeque chicken, hamburgers, hot dogs, with "dressings" to use and buns if you wish, another night we had hot wings and two other hot meats to choice from, the next night we had a variety of cold cuts for sandwiches and two other meat dishes; garden salad every night, other type salads, raw veggies with dip, chips, a variety of side dishes, etc. There is free beer, variety of wines, soft drinks and water. The same woman runs the dinners and always makes sure all is topped off. The staff is very friendly and helpful. The General Manager is always checking to ensure her faciltiy is to you satisfaction and Assistant GM has the same concern. Free parking, free internet, work out facility. I am enjoying my stay and have not felt unsafe as a older female travel and business person.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank lakeoconee
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2010

This place is a absolute gem for the price. My family traveled to Atlanta to spend the Christmas holiday recently, and we initially chose this hotel because of the reasonable price and the fact that they don't charge for parking (unusual for Atlanta hotels, we soon learned). This place was an absolute haven for us for our vacation. We rented one of the studio rooms, and had more than enough space for the four of us, comfortably (king bed for the adults, comfortable sleeper for the kids). The fireplace was a really nice touch as well, and it was so relaxing to be able to sit and watch the fire burn as we relaxed in our 'holiday haven', as we came to call it. The room was exceptionally clean. There were plenty of supplies available if needed (ie. dish detergent, coffee, sugar, pots, pans, etc.), and whatever was lacking was quickly remedied with a call to housekeeping.

I think that the part that made this visit most memorable for us was the staff. They were so warm and welcoming, and frequently went out of their way to ensure that we were comfortable and had everything we needed. We have visited many nice hotels that have gorgeous grounds and look so beautiful from the outside, but were very much lacking with the warmth and professionalism of their staff. This place absolutely does not have that problem. Staff is so crucial to a business, and can literally make or break the guest's experience with that hotel. This staff was just fantastic, and we so appreciated everything that they did for us, and especially how they made us feel during our stay with them. I would think that, simply because of proximity to the downtown area, other hotels might get chosen first before this one, but I'm so glad that we went with our first instinct and went with this location. The staff here is just exceptional at what they do, and that means so much for a busy family looking for a relaxing, rejuvinating holiday getaway.

We weren't able to use the pool or whirlpool this go-round, because they were both located outside and it was cold during our stay, but I would imagine that it would be a nice addition to your vacation when the weather allows. Internet access was available in the hotel lobby, and there was also free internet access in your room for the duration of your stay as well... my teens especially appreciated this part. The breakfast buffet was nice (sausage, eggs, french toast, bagels, yogurt, cereal, etc.). We saved sooo much money staying here, being able to cook our own meals and have such a lovely breakfast prepared for us each morning as well. Downtown is just a hop, skip and a jump away, literally. You can take Piedmont to Peachtree, and end up at the Lenox Place Mall in one direction and downtown Atlanta in the other, both within a few minutes. Taking Peachtree into downtown also allows you to see alot on the way, and learn where other attractions are located in the process.

Our family always goes Marriott when we travel, and up until now, we'd almost exclusively stayed at Fairfield Inn. This experience has definitely given us a new respect for Residence Inn, and we will absolutely use this chain again AND return to this location for another Atlanta family getaway. Excellent stay!

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with family
Atlanta
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2009

My daughter was celebrating her thirteenth birthday and wanted a celebration to include a sleepover and shopping at nearby Lenox and Perimeter Malls with a few of her friends. I booked two rooms, a bi-level loft for the party girls, and a studio apartment just next to the loft.

We had no problems with the staff or hotel facility. The rooms were very clean, as was the pool and hotel grounds. It is an older property, so if you're expecting glitz and glamour, this may not be the place for you ( It reminds me of a camping lodge, because it's bordered by trees at the back of the property). However, for price and location, this place is fine. In addition to the pool, there is a small basketball court onsite. So if you have older kids or teens, there is someplace to keep them active.

The morning of my daughter's birthday, the group went to the hotel lobby for breakfast. There is plenty to choose from: waffles, oatmeal, eggs, cereal, and so on. After checking out, the hotel shuttle transported our group to nearby Lenox Mall. The shuttle driver was very friendly.

Speaking of friendly, the hotel staff is among the friendliest I've ever met. The sales manager, Gilbert and all the front-desk associates were as eager to make sure my daughter had a good birthday experience as I was! They handled requests and offered information promptly and reliably. Even my daughter commented on how nice the staff was!

If you are traveling to Atlanta and need a budget-friendly place to stay in the Buckhead area, consider this property.

• Stayed July 2009
Atlanta, GA
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2009

I recently stayed at the Marriott Residence Inn in Buckhead and was decriminated against by the staff their. Not only was I discrminated againt, but other visitors where as well. I am currenly filing a discrimination lawsuit against them because I refuse to be discriminated against in this day and age. For the past five years, I have had functions at the Residence Inn in Atlanta on Peachtree Street and have had a blast, until I visited the one in Buckhead this past weekend. I have never been treated so badly in my life. My guest were so devastated because the hour drive there was not worth it. I know that there aren't many African Americans in that part of Buckhead, but when we do come, we don't have to be treated like aliens. We are all people with feelings.

• Stayed July 2009
1 Thank tifphillips
East Coast
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2009

I really hestiate to say something negative about places but I have to say the service here was below par. The hotel it's self was pleasant enough to the naked eye but the room was a bit dirty.

We booked this hotel to stay while we were in town to watch a Braves Game. My husband has stayed at Residence several times and for many days at a time. After all this hotel is built towards extend stays.

We checked in around 3pm, which is check in time. We had no problems with check in and the staff was pleasant enough. Nothing over the top not unfriendly.

We had made reservations for 4 and thought we reserved a 2 bed suite. However, this is not what we got. Yes when we made the reservations we had an option and we choose the 2 beds not the king bed. Anyway, once we were in my husband called the front desk and asked did they not have a room available with 2 beds. This is when the front desk became a bit rude. The person that spoke to my husband was not nice and told us for an additional cost we could have a room with double beds. My husband explained we had paid for a room with double beds or chose this when we made our reservations. Needless to say we did not get anywhere. Once this was done and we figured we had to stay in the room I allowed everyone to use the bathroom. The bathroom had trash in the trash can and hair in the tub and sink areas. Now I know for a fact that the long black hair did not belong to anyone in my family because my hair is blonde and the only other one with long hair is my daughter and her hair is not black or coarse.

Due to the fact we had to leave soon for the game we did not take this any farther because they did have a pull out sofa.

After the game we came back to the room to find there were no linens or pillows for the pull out sofa. I called the front desk and once again it appears the people that work there can not take a complaint well. Just because you have to ask for something does not mean you are upset but they were very rude to me. While I understand her questioning I did not appreciate the tone in which I was spoke to. I have to say within 15 minutes we had linens and pillows. We made the bed for the kids to use.

Then I pulled down the bedspread to the King size bed to find the sheets were nasty. By nasty I mean they had huge stains that were sticky on them. I know they were sticky because they were stuck to the bedspread. They refused to give us new sheets. They said they did not have any. I had to take the linens of so we could sleep on the bed. My husband had a blanket in his car and we used it.

The next morning we had the free breakfast. We arrived an hour before breakfast was to end. At this time while the area was clean the food in the hot bids were room temp. They did have make your own waffles but did not have any batter. There was suppose to be someone working in the area but all we could do is hear him. We did have coffee and cereal and fruit.

Check out was easy.

Over all I would say this is one of the nastiest places I have stayed out. Due to time restrictions we did not attempt to get our money back or find a new hotel.

I have not stayed at any of the Marriot Hotels in a long time and I think I will continue to stick with the hotel chain we normally use.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank timetogonow1
Columbus, OH
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2009

Stayed there for just one night with young children. Was assigned a room that is at the far end corner of the multi-building hotel. It was dark and hard to reach this unit and despite being on the 2nd floor, there is no elevator. Since I just hurt my arms and cannot lift heavy stuffs, this created a not so good situation. I managed with my other good arm but it was tough. Once got on to 2nd floor, I was hit by a few bugs on my face and hair -- not sure what kind.

Room is a one queen with sofa bed. It is very tight, no much room to move around. There is no remote control for the TV. The pool closed at 10pm and since we arrived a little after that, the kids cannot swim and were really disappointed.

Breakfast is okay with limited choices. Servers were unfriendly. We were there about 10 minutes before closing time and they have already taken away the plates and a few items from the serving table. We asked them if they can put them back but they were reluctant until we repeated our request.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Atlanta
Fairfield Inn & Suites Atlanta Buckhead
Quality Suites Buckhead Village
Hyatt Place Atlanta/Buckhead
SpringHill Suites Atlanta Buckhead

Been to Residence Inn Atlanta Buckhead? Share your experiences!