“The rooms were just redone but the walk to the room scary”

Residence Inn Atlanta Buckhead
Ranked #113 of 173 Hotels in Atlanta
Tennessee
“The rooms were just redone but the walk to the room scary”
Reviewed April 12, 2011

We went to check in and it was early. Did not think they would have a room ready. They did and that was great. This Residence Inn is not like most of them. It has different sections and you cannot get to the main lobby from where we stay without walking all the way around the hotel. I was extremely impressed with the room. Very nice. But the walk to the room was a little bit unnerving. Very unkept, very narrow walkways and for most of us parking was not close to the room. So if it was raining. Try running for it and if you were up stairs then you might just get soaked.
The not so good experience started when I heard a knock on my door. Late around 9ish. I really didn't even want to ans. So I just said yes. NO ANS. My husband was in taking a shower. Next a phone call to see if the room was occupied. YES, Then a little while latter the phone rings again. My husband spends at least 10 + minutes talking to the desk and them redoing our check in. O.K. think we are all finished. The best part. No express checkouts. I had a Dr. Appointment so we thought we would leave early. Good thing. When he went to check out "quote" we had a computer problem. We need to recheck you in. This started when they handed him the wrong bill. It was for another person. Then he finally got it all straightened out. What a mess. Breakfast was pretty much like everyone elses. It is hard to get out of the parking lot onto Piedmont because if you wanted to go up towards Buckhead you had to go down and make a U turn and traffic in the morning sure isn't condusive to that. I will say that the rates are very reasonable for the area. Just be sure to ask for discounts. Any you can think of. But I would strongly advise a woman staying alone to request a room UP FRONT and not in the back. I am a pretty much just go for it person, but this was a little more than I would have liked. Grounds horribly unkept. They are redoning all of the rooms but ourpart was finished but that has nothing to do with the grounds them selves. Hope this helps someone in the future. Like I said, rooms were really nice inside.
oh, yes, the bottom rooms can hear just about everything above them.
No wii fi but they did have room hook ups. The parking even as it wasn't so good it was FREE which is great for Atlanta

Room Tip: I would suggest if rooms up in the front
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank cph58

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Bengaluru, India
Reviewed March 29, 2011

Nice Duplex rooms, with individual villas with kichten, untensils, living area and dining table
the hotel premises is clam and it follows a no smoking policy
The breakfast was good and it provide free transaportation with 2 miles of hotel
The hotel has a nice swimming pool and good surrounding with nearby eat outs

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
Charleston, SC
Reviewed January 3, 2011

I was pleasantly surprised by my stay at this hotel. We were in a bind to find a pet-friendly hotel in Atlanta & booked one night over New Years Eve at the Residence Inn Buckhead/Lenox. This place is so much better & totally different than any other Residence Inn where I have stayed, from the rooms to the friendly service. From the start, we found the staff to be friendly, helpful & accessible, whether it be with directions or just chatting while waiting for the elevator. Our room was spacious and clean; it also had two large windows, which was nice. The decor is dated in the living room, but with some other modern touches in other parts of the room (flat screen TV, bedding & bath area updated, modern air system that worked well). There was ample free parking in the garage, a fitness center, complimentary breakfast & plenty of snacks for purchase for cooking in the room if need be. In terms of location, the hotel is in a corporate area across from a nicer, gated apartement complex. The area was quiet and serene, which we liked. It was close to Lenox Mall & was a short (5-10 min) cab ride away to Centennial Park. It is not within walking distance of any main area. There was a complimentary shuttle to the MARTA, which always seemed waiting & ready to go (we just used cabs though). One suggestion is to place more signage on the access road - the hotel was hard to locate, even with GPS.

In terms of bringing a pet with you, this was a great place. The pet fee was $100, which is fairly standard -- there is a very pretty, secure & well-lit area in which to walk your dog & plenty of green space. It is separated off from the tennis/basketball court and the pool. The staff obviously does a good job of "picking up" behind non-responsible pet owners b/c the grounds are very clean. The garden area is nice & well landscaped, and you need a key card to access it, which greatly contributes to a feeling of safety when walking your dog late at night.

All in, a good hotel. Totally different/better than the typical Residence Inn and a great value. We would definitely stay here again in the future.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed October 25, 2010

This a great hotel in an excellent location, you can easily get to Buckhead, midtown and downtown easily without getting on the highway. The decor is somewhat dated, I think it could use a face lift, but that may be my personal preference for contemporary decor. The rooms were clean, however being a superneatfreak, I did notice some minor places where it could have been cleaner, like the bathroom corners. The bed was comfy and clean. The breakfast is great and the staff is very accommodating, helpful and very nice. We stayed in one of the penthouse units and it was very useful to have 2 bathrooms and all units come with a full kitchen. I thought it was cool that they had social events during the week including manager receptions and outings.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with friends
1 Thank sunnybleu
New Orleans, LA
Reviewed October 6, 2010

Recently stayed with my extended family at this Residence Inn. Here is what I liked:

Positives:
---Love the location, it's really close to the Mall and not far from Turner Field.
---Price is right for the amount of space and people who can stay in the room, we had 6 adults and 1 infant and we all felt comfortable.
---Safety wise I never felt uncomfortable and felt safe walking around the parking lot even late at night.
---Full kitchen including microwave, refrigerator, stove, oven, dishwasher, dishes, silverware, glasses, ect. This is standard in Residence Inns though so I guess it's not really a positive but expected.

Here is what I didn't like or was disappointed in:

Negatives:
---It's an older hotel, so the rooms need some updating. Examples would be carpet is torn in some spots, bathroom cabinet outer lining is peeling in spots, TV's are older model (not flat screen so no HDTV)
---Breakfast was just "ok", nothing special here nor was it up to par with normal Residence Inn breakfasts that I've stayed at in the past in Texas or Oregon. Example would be the gravy was tasteless, the coffee wasn't that special, one day they didn't have ice for soft drinks. The french toast one day tasted like plain bread with syrup.
---I reserved and was confirmed for a King bed and queen bed loft room but when I checked in I was told that only the 2 queen bed loft room was available. I'm not sure what happened, but since I reserved a King bed and was confirmed for a King bed I'm not sure why one was not available.
---One of the queen beds we tried to sleep on was horrible, You basically sunk in the bed and it had no support at all. I like some give and softness in my beds but I thought this one was horrible. My wife and I had to move to another bed to sleep on.
---No wireless, only cable internet (they did provide a cable)

So in general this hotel stay was "ok". I would recommend it to families with 4-5+ adults/kids.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
Garner
Reviewed September 3, 2010

We used our rewards points with Marriott for this stay. The purpose was for my husband and I to take my father to see the Braves vs. the Dodgers - he's a lifelong Dodger fan and at 71 years old, had never seen a pro baseball game. He has cancer and his bucket list included this....well, to make this trip all the more special - the staff upgraded our stay (for one night) from a regular room to their nicest 2 bedroom-2bath loft suite, so that my father could have a room to himself. This was well above and beyond and it made for a perfect overnight visit to Atlanta. Very clean, security walked around (I was up at 5am to get ready for our flight home and the security was walking the parking lot), full buffet breakfast (starts at 6:30am so couldn't take advantage of that), and the staff was super nice.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank emclaren
North Carolina
Reviewed August 29, 2010

While this is an older property, it is well-maintained and comfortable. The Happy Hour on Tuesday through Thursday was a nice surprise.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Atlanta
Fairfield Inn & Suites Atlanta Buckhead
Quality Suites Buckhead Village
SpringHill Suites Atlanta Buckhead

Been to Residence Inn Atlanta Buckhead? Share your experiences!