“Pretty Hotel, Great Value” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Renaissance Atlanta Waverly Hotel & Convention Center

Renaissance Atlanta Waverly Hotel & Convention Center
Ranked #46 of 172 Hotels in Atlanta
Chattanooga
“Pretty Hotel, Great Value”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2007

This entire hotel is great. The view from the room was stunning. Great value & good location. Everything was clean and the staff was chipper.

They have a huge buffet on Sunday ($30 each) with live music, which was just a bit too loud.

Across the street at the Cumberland mall is a Maggios, Cheesecake Factory, Ted's Montana Grill, PF Changs, and a couple more. It used to be hard to find food in the area, but not any more.

• Liked — The clean, airy pleasant atmosphere, and FREE parking
  • Disliked — one elevator bank in an atrium style setting would make it harder if you have trouble getting around.
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled on business
4 Thank Dietcokeani

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (160)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
Charlotte
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2007

We stayed at the Waverly because of a trade show that was in the adjoining Galleria convention hall. Overall the hotel is nice, however there is a party going on in the atruim lobby every night. We had a room on the fith floor, and you could hear every bit of what was going on. Sometimes this went on long after midnight. The hotel also does a Sunday brunch, so it is very crowed and hectic. They set up the lobby to seat 300+ people for brunch. There was only one elevator through the whole 3 day stay that worked. The rooms were mostly clean, but there were only two sleeping pillows on the bed and two big decorative pillows that you could not sleep on. At 8:30 on Sunday morning housekeeping came by to see if we were still in our room or had checked out yet. We were getting packed and showering and didn't need the interruption. We used the pool and fitness center and it was okay. They try to call it a spa, but they have to bring in services from the outside like mesages. There is an outdoor and an indoor pool and you can use the overhead walkway to go to the Cumberland Mall. (PF Changs, Cheese Cake Factory etc.) There are a lot of choices for hotels in the area, I probably would not stay there again. I also saw one of the parking valets, totally back a car into another SUV and then drive off. The bumper on the SUV he backed into was really scratched up. But no one did or said anything about it.

• Liked — Location to highway and mall.
  • Disliked — Loud, noisy and crowded.
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled on business
3 Thank jlat
Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 10, 2007

All around, this was the best, most organized, structured machine of a hotel i have ever visited in my life. I stayed four nights at this hotel with one of my partners in my office, and overall it was a perfect stay. We went down for a conference, and everything was perfectly organized.

White glove service, limo taxis, and an awesome staff made the visit memorable.

The rooms where spotless and well furnished, along with the rest of the hotel. The bar within the lobby always housed a friendly bartender or two. Also, the hotel is connected to a type of shopping mall, with a great place to grab a burger or two called "Jocks and Jills". Its where we went the night we landed, since it was late and we realy just wanted to check in and go to bed.

Another great restaurant, about 15 mintues away, is called Canoe. Depending on how much you drink, the average bill is around 175-200 for two people.

Overall the hotel was perfect, perfect, perfect-and when I return to Atlanta I plan on going back!

Stayed July 2006
2 Thank danvers
Charlotte, NC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2007

My wife and I have been to Atlanta several times over the past few years, but this is our first stay at the Waverly. We were in town for the Chickfila Bowl on Dec 30th. Unfortunately our Hokies didn't win, but we had a great time thanks to the staff at the Waverly.

We checked into our hotel and were upgraded to the corner suite upon check in due to our silver status in the Marriott rewards program. This is the first time in our life we have been upgraded for anything.

The corner suite was huge and tucked away from the rest of the hotel. That being said I can see why others have complained about the noise. The setup is similiar to Embassy Suites (main floor is open with the rooms rising above and the hallways looking into the courtyard.) While we were there they were hosting a convention for a college Christian group. They were fairly noisy and if we weren't in a corner suite we might have the same complaints as the previous reviews.

The room was great, the bathroom even better. The towels were of better quality then what we are used to in a hotel room. Even the tissues and toilet paper was of better quality. Amazing how the little things can make a difference. The bed was nice, but not heavenly. The room was trendy and attractive.

In the morning we asked the front desk for directions to IKEA and they printed off directions for us. Very helpful.

On our next visit to Atlanta we will look into staying at the Waverly again. It is quite a bit nicer than the courtyard nearby (Courtyard Atlanta Cumberland Center) in which we have stayed on multiple occassions. That being said we are very price conscious and will make our decision between the two.

• Liked — The decor, the staff and service
  • Disliked — Potential to be noisy, parking was a ways from the entrance unless you used valet parking
  • Stayed December 2006, traveled as a couple
3 Thank charlottehokie00
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2006

We recently stayed for one night at this hotel. We being me, my husband, and 3 of our children, ages 4, 3, and 9 months.

The hotel was beautiful and the atmosphere elegant. I was not there at check-in, but it must have gone smoothly since my husband did it alone with all the kids while I was at a meeting and didn't complain!

The kids enjoyed the indoor pool. However, the key did not work at first to get into the pool, requiring my husband to trek across the hotel and lobby with everyone in their swimsuits to get a new keycard.

The room service was good, but I would have liked more choices, especially on the late night menu. And make sure to ask about a kids entree choices and prices, since they are not printed on the room service menu.

Our room on the 14th floor was large and had 2 queen beds, a desk and chair, and a nice lounge chair. There was a good view, too!

We got a good AAA rate of $99 a night.

The only problem I had was with the billing, but it was fixed. We had to change our reservation to 1 night instead of 2. The bill I got had charged us as a "no show" for the first night, even though I had changed the reservation online in plenty of time. Also, there was a $9.95 internet fee that we didn't use. Both charges were taken off the bill, but it was still a hastle to have to address it at all.

I would stay here again if I could get the same rate. However, I think hotels of this caliber should offer free internet, which draws me to other hotels.

• Liked — The view
  • Disliked — The billing errors
  • Stayed October 2006, traveled on business
2 Thank jbird1277
Roanoke VA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2006

Found the staff courteous, the room clean, and well appointed.

Stayed July 2006
1 Thank Trav_mac
Seattle, WA
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2006

I'm writing from my room at the Waverly, and I can safely say I've never had a more miserable stay at a hotel in my life. You should know this is an enormous hotel, with all rooms encircling a cavernous grand atrium. Large events are held in the numerous convention rooms on the first floor, hundreds of people come through, and every sounds rises to the top. You hear everything!

On our first night here, a band was playing for a convention gathering easily until midnight, and from our room on the 11th floor, we could hear every note. Then at 7am, they play elevator music in the hallways, and that continues outside your door all day long. Last night at 2 am, there were children playing and yelling at each other across the atrium, and this seems to be a trend here - the noise and chaos. (We had to call security twice.) As I write (at 12:40 am), it still sounds like a day care center with children screeching out there. Another disappointment? The Internet service, which does cost $10 a day and is not wireless, as another reviewer mentioned. Oh, and did I mention I just saw a huge roach run across my room?

I will say, the people who work here are pleasant enough, and the beds are nice, but if you expect to get any sleep or quiet here at all, I'd suggest trying another hotel.

• Stayed July 2006, traveled on business