“Very nice hotel at a great price!”

Renaissance Atlanta Waverly Hotel & Convention Center
Ranked #39 of 173 Hotels in Atlanta
Atlanta, Georgia
“Very nice hotel at a great price!”
Reviewed August 5, 2014

My husband and I recently stayed here as part of a 2 day "stay-cation" (we live in metro Atlanta) and had a great experience. The self-parking is free, which is always a plus because most nice hotels in Atlanta only offer expensive valet parking. We also enjoyed the romance/couples package which included champagne and strawberries for each night of our stay as well as a full breakfast for 2 each morning (room service or buffet). Our room was quite big, very clean, and well decorated. The bed was especially comfortable! As for the restaurant/bar, we did not dine at Medici, however, we did spend one evening at the bar which was very cozy and had great service. I will definitely be keeping this hotel in mind for future "stay-cations"! Lots of great restaurants and bars within short driving distance.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Caroline S
Joseph U, General Manager at Renaissance Atlanta Waverly Hotel & Convention Center, responded to this review, August 11, 2014
Thank you for feedback on your recent stay, I am very pleased you had a good time and hope to see you back for your next "stay-vacation" in Atlanta!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (167)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
WATERLOO
Reviewed August 5, 2014

This hotel is very close to anywhere you need to be in the Marietta area. But the plus is that it's removed the the main highway and tucked away in a beautiful, newer pedestrian area. The atmosphere is calm and quiet -- but you have immediate access to the Interstate. The hotel staff go out of their way to be helpful and friendly. The hotel is clean and modern. A great place to stay. I also recommend the hotel restaurant. Great food and a very nice wine and beer selection.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
I am so glad you found our gem! Please come back and see us soon.
Miami Beach, Florida
Reviewed August 4, 2014

Stayed here one night for business travel and this is a very nice hotel. Very conveniently located near the Cumberland Mall!! Was going to Smyrna the next day and was one exit away. Huge hotel with bar and restaurant. Starbucks coffee!! Valet parking or free self parking. Rooms are nice and clean. Nice size bathroom with a small counter top right outside bathroom. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Joseph U, General Manager at Renaissance Atlanta Waverly Hotel & Convention Center, responded to this review, August 5, 2014
Thank you for staying with us! We look forward to the opportunity to have you back soon!
West Palm Beach, Florida
Reviewed July 31, 2014

I attended a conference at this hotel, although I was not able to check into my room until after 5pm because the hotel was sold out, they held my bags for me. Although, I had a view of the roof the room was clean. I was supposed to have breakfast included in my stay, but I was still charged when I went to the restaurant. I asked the waiter and was told it was only certain foods. Make sure you ask if you are told breakfast is included. I was shocked to find out that valet ends at 11pm. I needed to go run an errand and it took me going to the front desk 3 times and 20 minutes later to get a bellman to bring my car around. (REALLY!!) for what they charge for valet you would think its available 24hrs.This was on a weekend and the hotel was sold out for several conferences.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for the feedback! I am sorry you had difficulty with our valet service, we do have ambassadors here to serve you 24 hours a day but clearly did not execute the way we should. I am very sorry and hope to see you back with us soon!
Houston, Texas
Reviewed July 29, 2014

The Renaissance was absolutely gorgeous! Very clean, neat, and upscale! Perfect for a business person. Not a hotel for a big family. The room we stayed in didn't have a fridge unfortunately but I'm pretty sure all the rooms aren't the same. The beds were very comfy. The location of the Renaissance is perfect for a little shopping a new city. I loved it! It was great!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
I am so glad you enjoyed yourself while at the Waverly! We loved having you here and hope to see you back soon!
Tennessee
Reviewed July 22, 2014

We stayed at Renaissance Atlanta Waverly over the July 4 weekend. We had a very pleasant stay. The room was spacious, the bathroom was modern and well lit.
The staff was very helpful and friendly.
There was a convention at the hotel, which resulted in a line at the registration desk.

One of staff mentioned that the hotel was one of the first on the north side of Atlanta, built in the 80's. Seems it has been well maintained.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Joseph U, General Manager at Renaissance Atlanta Waverly Hotel & Convention Center, responded to this review, July 25, 2014
Thank you for staying with us, we hope to have you back soon!
Savannah, Georgia
Reviewed July 19, 2014 via mobile

I attended a conference at the Renaissance Waverly and was not in my room much but here are a few of my thoughts. First, check in was quick, easy and friendly. I was told that the internet was included in the room fee but when I went to log in, it asked if I wanted $12 or $16 internet based on speed. After a call to the front desk I was told the $12 was included. The room was clean and had a good view.

The room was very warm at night, even with the thermostat set at the lowest setting 65 degrees. For a high end hotel the tv was HD but the signal was worse than my old rabbit ear tube tv. Even on the eleventh floor, I could hear the lobby commotion including the music. This is due to the design of the hotel. The pools are pathetic, dirty, smelly, and the outside one is ridiculous to get to. The changing rooms were amazing though.

Overall, they charge for everything and include nothing. I paid for the convenience of staying at the conference but I would never choose this hotel for pleasure.

Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Dan M
Thank you for the feedback on your recent stay. Your experience in our pool area was not typical and I will address this with my staff. I am also surprised to learn about the temerature and TV issues you had while here and will address that with my team as well. I hope we have a chance to have you back and change your perception.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Atlanta
Embassy Suites by Hilton Atlanta - Galleria
Sheraton Suites Galleria Atlanta
DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Atlanta - Galleria
Hyatt Place Atlanta/Cobb Galleria
Hampton Inn & Suites Atlanta - Galleria
HYATT house Atlanta/Cobb Galleria

Been to Renaissance Atlanta Waverly Hotel & Convention Center? Share your experiences!