Renaissance Atlanta Waverly Hotel & Convention Center
Ranked #33 of 173 Hotels in Atlanta
Reviewed January 3, 2014

Beautiful hotel with superior customer service. The rooms are big, very clean and the deco is comtemporary with a good deal of creativity. Out of the ordinary. The breakfast was awesome. The gym is located inside the spa and the pool was deliciously warm. So really we were wondering how come we got such a good deal on it (110 for a night bf included). well well well...
All the rooms are open on the atrium, so the noise coming from it is aplified and inevitable. If you are a light sleeper, bring your earplugs. Also, as of 31 dec 2013, big reno in the atrium, the din is deafening starting at 11 am.

Room Tip: All rooms are tastefully decorated but noisy.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Joseph U, General Manager at Renaissance Atlanta Waverly Hotel & Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded January 10, 2014

The renovation is almost done! I am sorry that is impacted your stay with us and hope to have you back soon to experience our new restaurant! Thank you for the feedback though, we really appreciate it!

Reviewed January 3, 2014

Rooms are excellent. Staff is very friendly.
Check in, Checkout was a breeze.
The pillows, the mattress, the comforter are all top notch.
Staff quickly responded to my request for few chairs and a
small refrigerator in my room.

Woke up to some construction noise within the hotel on 1/1/2014 around 10 am.
Hope they had picked a little later time. This is obviously temporary.

I will definitely go back, strongly recommend this hotel if you are in this area.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Ashish D

Thank you for the feedback on your recent visity. I am glad you enjoyed yourself and apologize for the construction. I will be complete very soon and I hope we have the chance to have you back with us very soon!

Reviewed January 1, 2014

The Renaissance Atlanta Waverly hotel is a beautiful hotel and they have donated time and thought into their well and beautifully modern designed rooms. The hotel was clean and the staff was, for the most part, friendly and helpful.

Unfortunately, the service could use some improvements. It is the morning of new years day (January 1 at 10 am) and they are conducting "renovations/construction" on the first floorand lobby of this atrium style hotel (where hotel room doors overlook the lobby area). After a night of celebration no one (I mean no one) wants to wake up to a Jack hammer and crashing noises as if the building is falling apart. This was VERY poor planning on the part of the hotel management and this construction could have at least been halted for new
years day or at least start later in the day.

Additionally, the staff was pleasant as a whole, however I did ask for an item by calling the front desk and was placed on hold for 20 minutes. I was forced to hang up and call back where the staff member forgot I was on the line and I never received the item I requested from the front desk.

Overall, except for a few mishaps I had a good experience. I would suggest
the hotel once the renovations are complete. As mentioned previously it is a good value and the rooms are nicely decorated in modern finishing and furnished well. The staff as a whole was friendly.

• Stayed: January 2014

I am so sorry that the renovation schedule disturbed your visit, we should have started later in the day and I must take responsibility for that. I hope we have the opportunity to have you back and promise a very restful experience!

Reviewed December 31, 2013

This hotel is perfect! Spa, great location,amazing food, awesome service and a staff that will treat you like royalty! Dellie checked us in and was fast and polite! She also upgraded our rooms and gave us an anniversary surprise! It's moments like those that create memories that'll last forever, thank you dellie, the Adkins.

• Stayed: December 2013
1  Thank Jillariel

Happy Anniversary! Thank you for spending it with us, we appreciate having you here on such a special occassion and look forward to you visiting again soon!

Reviewed December 30, 2013

I was here with my family last week for an Islamic Convention with around 3,000 participants and this Hotel was the perfect venue for it. Dellie at check-in was very professional and welcoming. She offered me a soft drink while she checked on the status of our room. The rooms were well appointed and the staff, Brian for example, was always friendly despite the overwhelming nature of the conference. Additionally, the gentlemen out front were just that - gentlemen. I never had to open a door. My sister used the gym and the pool showers and gushed about how serene her experience was. The sitting area in the center atrium was beautiful and served as a great backdrop for family photos. Obviously there were a couple of things that I would have liked to have seen such as free wifi in the rooms and a mini-fridge. However, the meeting rooms and lobby had free wifi so it was alright. The Cumberland Mall is within walking distance via a footbridge. The convention was centered around families, so there were some expected issues with children running around, but that was beyond the control of the Hotel. Many thanks to the Waverly for accomodating both the Conference and its participants! I look forward to seeing you for ICNA 2014!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for the feedback on your recent stay with us! I am pleased you enjoyed yourself and look forward to having you back soon!

Reviewed December 28, 2013

Rooms are excellent and staff is superb. Very customer focussed ,friendly and this is one of the few times I stayed in a hotel where absolutely nothing irritated me.

Gym is excellent, with good equipment, pool is clean and warm and the dressing rooms superb.

We extended our stay and only later found out there was a large Islamic conference starting that changed the atmosphere of the hotel ( this was for another three days until the 29th). So unfortunately we decided to check out and again the staff was very helpfull, no discussions and they have shown remarkble customer service.

Bad luck for us that our stay was cut short.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Joseph U, General Manager at Renaissance Atlanta Waverly Hotel & Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded December 30, 2013

I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us! I am sorry you had to cut it short but hope we have the opportunity to have you back very soon! Happy New Year!

Reviewed December 25, 2013

I wanted to say that I really enjoyed my check in experience. Mr. Darnell Smith was awesome. Great personality and very knowledgable. When I am in Atlanta this is my hotel of Choice. The Property is top notch and the enitre staff is Great. Keep up the good work

Room Tip: If available, chose a corner suite. Great views and rooms are a little bit more spacious
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo

Thank you for the nice note about your recent visit, I appreciate you taking the time to give us your critique! I will be sure to pass on your kind words to Darnell, he is a super star and I will thank him persoanally!