“Wonderful ICNA Venue”

Renaissance Atlanta Waverly Hotel & Convention Center
Ranked #40 of 174 Hotels in Atlanta
Reviewed December 30, 2013

I was here with my family last week for an Islamic Convention with around 3,000 participants and this Hotel was the perfect venue for it. Dellie at check-in was very professional and welcoming. She offered me a soft drink while she checked on the status of our room. The rooms were well appointed and the staff, Brian for example, was always friendly despite the overwhelming nature of the conference. Additionally, the gentlemen out front were just that - gentlemen. I never had to open a door. My sister used the gym and the pool showers and gushed about how serene her experience was. The sitting area in the center atrium was beautiful and served as a great backdrop for family photos. Obviously there were a couple of things that I would have liked to have seen such as free wifi in the rooms and a mini-fridge. However, the meeting rooms and lobby had free wifi so it was alright. The Cumberland Mall is within walking distance via a footbridge. The convention was centered around families, so there were some expected issues with children running around, but that was beyond the control of the Hotel. Many thanks to the Waverly for accomodating both the Conference and its participants! I look forward to seeing you for ICNA 2014!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Joseph U, General Manager at Renaissance Atlanta Waverly Hotel & Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded January 10, 2014

Thank you for the feedback on your recent stay with us! I am pleased you enjoyed yourself and look forward to having you back soon!

Reviewed December 28, 2013

Rooms are excellent and staff is superb. Very customer focussed ,friendly and this is one of the few times I stayed in a hotel where absolutely nothing irritated me.

Gym is excellent, with good equipment, pool is clean and warm and the dressing rooms superb.

We extended our stay and only later found out there was a large Islamic conference starting that changed the atmosphere of the hotel ( this was for another three days until the 29th). So unfortunately we decided to check out and again the staff was very helpfull, no discussions and they have shown remarkble customer service.

Bad luck for us that our stay was cut short.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Joseph U, General Manager at Renaissance Atlanta Waverly Hotel & Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded December 30, 2013

I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us! I am sorry you had to cut it short but hope we have the opportunity to have you back very soon! Happy New Year!

Reviewed December 25, 2013

I wanted to say that I really enjoyed my check in experience. Mr. Darnell Smith was awesome. Great personality and very knowledgable. When I am in Atlanta this is my hotel of Choice. The Property is top notch and the enitre staff is Great. Keep up the good work

Room Tip: If available, chose a corner suite. Great views and rooms are a little bit more spacious
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo

Thank you for the nice note about your recent visit, I appreciate you taking the time to give us your critique! I will be sure to pass on your kind words to Darnell, he is a super star and I will thank him persoanally!

Reviewed December 23, 2013

I went there in June for the Blade Show. Not having a free Internet access during a business trip certainly lowers the mark. On the bright side the restaurant and the bed (and bedding) met my expectations whereas the staff exceeded the highest standards.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business

I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us several months ago, the Blade show is one of my favorites and we are excited to have you back in 2014! The internet is complimentary in the lobby which I hope will make your stay even better! Happy New Year!

Reviewed December 22, 2013

The facility is beautiful and so close to restaurants.(Has one in the atrium) It's a little on the pricey side but its very secure. The staff with the exception of the lady at check in time were very nice and courteous. Checking out was smooth and the young man that helped with check out, more than made up for the check in experience.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank brewColumbus_Georgia
Joseph U, General Manager at Renaissance Atlanta Waverly Hotel & Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded December 23, 2013

I appreciate you taking the time to complete a critique of my hotel. I am very pleased you enjoyed your stay but would love to learn more about your check in experience. If you have the chance, would like to talk to you via telephone, my number is 770 303 3186 and my name is Joe Uhl. Hope you have a wonderful Holiday!

Reviewed December 21, 2013

We stayed one night. The atrium of the property, the plants, the atmosphere are pure elegance. The staff are helpful, friendly, inviting. It's walking close to many fun eateries, if you don't just dine there (it might be a rainy night in Georgia). We drive a couple of miles to Ray's on the River for finest, freshest seafood at fair value and great service.

It's the quietest hotel we've ever stayed anywhere. The rooms are huge, beds great, fine linens, good water. The only knock would be the free parking lot is always crowded. So, I had to walk 100', big deal. ISP access fee is charged.

This place is the Cobb Galleria's best kept secret. Don't go, so I'll always be able to get a room! Please hit the icon that this was helpful . . . . if it was. Enjoy, my pleasure in helping!

Room Tip: All rooms are equal, it's very quiet and the fastest elevators anywhere.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank Will J

Thank you so much for the nice comments about my hotel, we appreciate it very much! Hope t see you back very soon!

Reviewed December 20, 2013

I have had the pleasure of staying at the Waverly many times. Dellie has always been the most gracious and delightful front desk receptionist. When available she gives me the same room, and when it isn't has provided me an upgraded room. The other employees are always trying to make your stay better.

The weekend my wife joined me at the Waverly, Dellie got us into a corner room with a wonderful view. She knows me by name and always makes me feel not only welcomed but as if I'am coming home.

It is my preferred hotel in the area. The gym is more than adequate and the running trails near the river are great or a workout and easily accessible from the hotel.

The hotel is furnished nicely and there is shopping nearby and downtown Atlanta is only 10-15 minutes away.

Room Tip: Great hotel and staff.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank KaiDogLaGrange

Thank you for the very nice note! I am glad you enjoyed your stay an that Dellie took good care of you. I will be sure to thank her personally for making your visit more enjoyable. Please come back and see us soon! Happy New Year!