“LOVED our stay at the INCREDIBLE Ren Waverly! Can't wait to do it again!”

Renaissance Atlanta Waverly Hotel & Convention Center
Ranked #47 of 173 Hotels in Atlanta
“LOVED our stay at the INCREDIBLE Ren Waverly! Can't wait to do it again!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2013 via mobile

This hotel was incredible! Our 12th floor room was immaculate, modern, plush and comfortable. The bathroom was very clean and they provided Aveda products--including my favorite rosemary mint shampoo. (Woohoo, unexpected Mom treat!)

Our thermostat was on the fritz and the engineer who fixed it was incredibly nice and offered to move us if it was going to take some time to fix. We had just arrived and it only took him about 20 minutes to fix the glitch. He was professional and friendly.

Dinner that night was incredible at their in-house restaurant, Medici, which also had incredible staff and service. (Unexpected Mom treat #2: the Filet Mignon was incredibly PERFECT!) Breakfast at their cafe was also incredible--wonderful buffet, omelet station, and service with smiles and friendly conversation. (A Special Thank You to Ashique, whose attention was so stellar, he made sure our 4 year old got pancakes and warmed the glass bottle of syrup for him!)

This hotel is probably the nicest one we've stayed in. Marriott Rewards points are available here, too.

The indoor pool was a bit chilly but great if you like to swim laps. The indoor hot tub was great. Both the pool and hot tub were immaculately clean. There are country club/golf club "locker rooms" available that were deluxe in nature. Between the locker rooms are sauna steam rooms.

The location was great for us as we very visiting family in Marietta. But, you would be close to downtown Atlanta if that's where you're headed.

Overall, I would rate this hotel, it's amenities, staff, location, value, cost and view of the sunset a 10 with a gold star. In.Cred.Ible. Can't wait to stay there again!

Mom notes: Very quiet hotel though we did see many children! Spacious room with two queen beds. In-room coffee maker and ice bucket with cups, but ask if you need a room with a fridge because I'm not sure if they have them or not. Friendly staff was very attentive to our 4 year old and gave him special gratis including unexpected cake pops after dinner.

IMPORTANT MOM POOL NOTE: The pool is located on the 2nd floor in the very BACK of the hotel--AT THE BALLROOM! Yep. Ballroom. Take your room key as the sign on the door says "spa/fitness" and the entrance is actually the spa entrance. Meander through the maze of the hallway to the pools. (Outdoor pool in warm weather.) BUT....Plan accordingly --OR-- walk tall with your chin held high, giggling the whole time as you and your family pass the furs on the coat rack, silent auction tables filled with glamourous items, and the gazillion beautiful people in tuxedos and ballgowns (dripping in gorgeous jewelry) enjoying their wonderful event--in your SWIM ATTIRE AND FLIPFLOPS! Yes. True. It happened to us. Dad forgot tennis shoes, wore wingtips with swim trunks on top of it all. Funny--but only in a Thanfully-we-will-never-see-these-people-again-in-our-lifetime way!

Thank you to everyone at the Ren Waverly for making our stay an absolute overnight vacation! See y'all soon!

• Stayed October 2013
Joseph U, General Manager at Renaissance Atlanta Waverly Hotel & Convention Center, responded to this review, November 4, 2013
Thank you so much for the nice feedback, we really appreciate it! Hope to see you back very soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (161)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
Taylorsville, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2013 via mobile

My family and I had a great weekend get away at this hotel. The staff were wonderful from arrival until check out.
Darnell was able to resolve an issue before we arrived and even upgraded us to an suite which was very nice. The recent room renovations looked great and the beds were very comfortable. The cleanliness of the room was above average except for dust above headboard and dust on bathroom shelves.

As I mentioned the staff were wonderful. The bellhop was very helpful at unloading luggage and taking it to our room for us. Front desk attendant was welcoming and professional and made sure we received the suite upgrade. Housekeeping was great and kept everything stocked up in our room and were very friendly when meeting them in the hallways. Service at the restaurant was great both mornings.

I would definitely recommend the buffet breakfast, everything was delicious. Also they offered a sample size mango banana smoothie, Yum!

I next time I'm in the Atlanta area I will definitely consider staying at the Renaissance Waverly!

Stayed October 2013
Joseph U, General Manager at Renaissance Atlanta Waverly Hotel & Convention Center, responded to this review, November 12, 2013
I am very happy you enjoyed your stay with us, please come back and see us soon!
Northampton, Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2013

Hotel meets all Marriott / Renaissance criteria. Staff efficient and well trained. Rooms are immaculate. Concierge club room is too sterile and has bad acoustics, but the server there was very nice. Bartender at Tosca Blu off the lobby was snooty but the food was decent (was just looking for a glass of wine and an app after traveling all day).

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Joseph U, General Manager at Renaissance Atlanta Waverly Hotel & Convention Center, responded to this review, October 29, 2013
Thank you for the feedback! I will share you feedback with my team to ensure proper follow through with the Tosca Blu staff. I will also take a look at the Club Lounge to see what we can do to warm up the atmosphere. Thank you again, hope to see you back at the Waverly soon!
Jerusalem, Israel
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 26, 2013

We stayed at this hotel since the convention we were going to was taking place at the hotel.
All of the staff were extremely nice. The rooms were fine and the beds very comfortable.
They have a small indoor pool, which I enjoyed early in the morning when it was empty. Though I didn't use the rest of the spa, it seemed to be clean and well equipped.

The only thing that really bothered me is how they nickle and dimed you. $14.95 for internet (which we were lucky to get free as part of the convention rate) and $5 for a bottle of water that is out on the table with an invitation to refresh yourself... That said, when I checked in, the front desk offered me a cold drink, which was a nice touch.

Room Tip: The higher the better!
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
I am glad you enjoyed your visit at the Waverly and appreciate the feedback. We continue to monitor the pricing of amenities such as internet and water to ensure we remain competitve and will adjust as necessary. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us!
Brentwood, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2013

This was a very good hotel, but I had ants all over my laptop that was set up on top of the work desk inside my room.

I arrived Sunday afternoon and checked in. The agent provided excellent customer service and gave me my room key. I immediately went upstairs and left my luggage, set up my laptop and left for a bite to eat. I returned back to my room around 7:30 to change and head downstairs to watch MNF at this nice sports bar & grill.

When I walked over to my laptop, I noticed very small ants al over my keyboard. I immediately contacted the FD and notified them of the issue. The agent immediately apologized and offered to change my room. So, I had to gather all my belongings and head back downstairs for the new keys (it would have been nice to have a bellman meet me at my new room)

Overall, the property is nice with a descent mall nearby.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to give us this feedback, I will be sure to follow through with my team and ensure the issue you experienced (ants) has been addressed. I hope that we have the opportunity to have you back with us soon to ensure you have a perfect stay!
Augusta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2013

For my birthday, my wife planned a photographic seminar for me in Atlanta. She chose the Renaissance as the seminar was being held there. The entire experience, from room to restaurant (Medici) to customer service was extraordinary. I would recommend this hotel to anyone.

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Joseph U, General Manager at Renaissance Atlanta Waverly Hotel & Convention Center, responded to this review, October 28, 2013
Happy Birthday! And thank you for spending it with us. I appreciate your comments and hope to see you soon!
Chattanooga, Tennessee, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2013

This was a very nice hotel,but we booked it for a romantic getaway. When arriving we were told that they upgraded us to Executive suite. Once we were in there we realized that we only got half of what we thought we were getting from the photos online. And that was before the upgrade. There wasn't a separate sitting area,no soaker tub,and no microwave. For the price we paid we also had to pay for Wifi. The sink in the room dripped all night. My husband went to use the iron an the whole bottom plate fell off. The bed was nice to sleep in. The best part of the Hotel was the Spa and Fitness center. They offered everything you could think of. I would stay again,but now I know what to expect.

Room Tip: Make sure you don't book through Hotels.com and ask plenty of questions
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Joseph U, General Manager at Renaissance Atlanta Waverly Hotel & Convention Center, responded to this review, October 22, 2013
Thank you for choosing the Renaissance Waverly for your romantic escape, I am sorry we did not meet all of your needs and hope to have the opportunity to have you back with us. Please contact me directly if you have the chance to escape again, I would like to personally handle your accomodations and ensure it is perfect! Hope to see you soon.