“Can't wait to stay here again!”

Renaissance Atlanta Waverly Hotel & Convention Center
Ranked #31 of 172 Hotels in Atlanta
Reviewed July 8, 2013

We stayed here as an overnight after shopping at IKEA. I booked the hotel on Hotels.com and got an amazing rate that included breakfast buffet for all four of us. Which was a savings of $80.00.
The hotel is very modern, it is spacious and comfortable. Check-in was smooth, our room was great. It was spacious and well laid out. The beds were comfortable, the coffee area was nice and the bathroom was nice. There is a mall across the street and it has great restaurants such as P.F. Chang, Cheesecake Factory, Ted's Montana Grill, Maggiano's etc.
The breakfast I mentioned was amazing. It had omelets to order, scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage, fresh fruit, pastries, biscuits and sausage gravy, there was even salmon and capers. They served coffee and juice with it! It would have been a bit pricey at $18 p/p if it hadn't been included! Check out was quick and easy!

Room Tip: Book this hotel on Hotels.com and you can get the breakfast included!
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
Joseph U, General Manager at Renaissance Atlanta Waverly Hotel & Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded July 15, 2013

I am really glad you enjoyed your stay with us! Hope that means we will see you again soon....

Reviewed July 8, 2013

Decent hotel, clean, spacious, great location. I always thought that Renaissances were a step up from your run of the mill Marriott, but maybe that's not always true. The decor and style of the hotel seemed pretty basic, like a standard Marriott.

My only complaint, which comes with any atrium hotel, is that if there is an event downstairs in the main court, it echoes up to the highest possible floor....and let me tell you, ladies from a yarn convention can be rowdy!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for the feedback on your visit, I am sorry you experienced some noise and will be sure to share with my Security Team. We hope to see you soon!

Reviewed July 8, 2013

My boyfriend and I booked a last minute trip for the holiday weekend. First and foremost - the price was outstanding! We were quite pleased with it.

The hotel was recently renovated and the rooms were very modern. The bed was heavenly and the room was comfortable overall. Also, the hotel is close to several local eateries, movie theater and the Silver Comet trail. There is a quiet restaurant, a cool bar, and a very convenient coffee bar in the hotel.

The rooms were very large and easily accommodated all of our things (including 2 bikes). I also used the spa while there and was pleasantly surprised at the level of service. The spa was not very plush, but the staff was great and the service that I received was excellent.

The only problems that we experienced were the kids that were running around the hotel all weekend (hence my title - "great for families"). The layout of the hotel seemed to make the parents comfortable with letting them roam (it is a very open hotel with visibility of the door to almost every room from any other room in the the hotel).

The only other problem was that the room was not cleaned as thoroughly as it could have been. Although all of the room's accessories were new and modern (new lamps, bedding, towels, etc), the cleaning of the room was sub-par (like a 6 on a 1-10 scale). This was really our only "ding" on the hotel.

Overall, great stay. And, if we ride the Silver Comet trail again, we'll probably stay at this same hotel.

Room Tip: The King room was HUGE and the way it was designed made it easy to see the door of almost every room...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Toby M

I appreciate your detailed feedback regarding your stay with us, it really does help us recognize areas we are doing well and those that need additional focus. I will share your comments with my Housekeeping Manager and ensure we follow through with additional training for that staff member. Please come back to see us soon!

Reviewed July 7, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for the 4th of July weekend. We live out of town so when visiting friends and family it is more comfortable to stay in a hotel and do our own thing around the city. After sticking out from another hotel in the area we were very pleased with our stay at the Renaissance Waverly Hotel. We were lucky to be checking in at the same time that a large family reunion party was checking in because I was able to request to stay on a different floor which wasn't a problem. We checked in at 1400 which was awesome because we were tired from the long drive. The receptionist was very polite and had a great smile. The decor and design of the lobby, elevator, and especially the room is very upscale and modern. We stayed at The Waverly for 3 nights and slept like babies each night except on the Saturday night when some odd individual was screaming down the hall and in the lobby at 0039 in the morning. I called the front desk and security was sent immediately. They handled the situation very well and I was quickly able to fall asleep again. I can not fault a hotel for the people that stay there I can only assess how they handle situations in the event that odd individuals attempt to interrupt OUR stay. I would recommend this hotel to anyone in the future. My husband and I found a new favorite hotel. NOTE: the location of the hotel is perfect; east of the hotel (2 minutes) is the Cumberland Mall, north of the hotel ( 1 minutes) is the Akers Plaza with tons of eateries ( try Top Spice, it's an awesome Thai restaurant), south of the hotel ( 2 minutes) is the on ramp to the freeway, and west of the hotel is tons of parking. You can't strike out.

Room Tip: 1)Ask if there are any family reunions or large parties booked in the hotel THEN request to NOT be o...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank yayatraveldiva
Joseph U, General Manager at Renaissance Atlanta Waverly Hotel & Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded July 9, 2013

I am glad you chose my hotel for your 4th of July weekend and am pleased you enjoyed yourself! Thank you very much for the feedback and we hope to see you back at he Waverly soon!

Reviewed July 7, 2013

My husband and I LOVE to go here for the weekend and getaway from the kids,family,cell phones,and the world and fall in love all over again! It is a wonderful way to relax and unwind! Wonderful spa! Salt water pool and hot tub. Sauna and steam room to help with those tight mussels from your day to day stress. Then you fall into a bed that sleeps like a cloud!! Cant go wrong!

Room Tip: Corner rooms are bigger
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you for allowing s to pamper you on your weekend get-away! I am glad you enjoyed your stay and hope you have a chance to spoil yourself soon, you are worth it!

Reviewed July 5, 2013

I first stayed at this hotel in March on my birthday weekend. I got an awesome price through priceline.com. At the time, they were renovating, and also had a convention going on. In spite of this housekeeping came daily, the staff was extremely helpful, and although parking was challenging I learned as with most things the early bird gets the worm. So the following day getting parking was a breeze as we learned what to expect. I am heading there this upcoming week, and I look forward to the atmosphere once again. At night the hotel is so well lit even with the dimming lights mainly from all the vibrancy and decor. My only wish would be that they had laundry services, and either mini fridges and/or microwaves in the room. I know that so much went into making the rooms trendy. I just wish they were also more functional. I booked extra day this time bc the last time we were there the beds were so extremely comfy. Last time it was business, and more business so we didn't get to enjoy more the hotel. It was also more chilly so I can't wait to enjoy the spa/recreation area and the pool. Oh and there is a community microwave but with so much competition it almost sucks. My food spoiled the last time due to the lack of those services and I got somewhat lost trying to find a laundromat. However, the front desk staff was helpful and even went the extra mile googling the closest washing services for me. Overall, I would definitely stay again. In fact I will be!

Room Tip: check what amenities are available, and the price of local fare to determine what you'll need an...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Joseph U, General Manager at Renaissance Atlanta Waverly Hotel & Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded July 7, 2013

We too are excited you are coming back the the Renaissance Waverly! With the renovation we had frigerators put into many of our rooms, please be sure to request on upon arrival or contact me prior and I will make sure we block you into a room with one. We look forward to having you back!

Joe Uhl 770 303-3186

Reviewed July 4, 2013

We just stayed here friday thru monday. We had a room on the 4th floor . I asked for a suite but the hotel was all booked up.The normal room was quite large with queen beds. It has a seperate area for the coffee maker and ice bucket which had plenty of counter space. The bed were comfy and the bathroom was large also. This hotel was redone. the lobby area is all open to the top. Plenty of seating in the lobby. the atrium cafe was a buffet for breakfast and lunch and was good. We did go into the bar or some drinks.This has an indoor pool and an outdoor pool. Has a mens and ladies locker room and suana. Also a fitness and raquet ball rooms. This hotel is attached to a small mall and convention center but then attached to that was a walking bridge over the road to the big mall. Not a far walk at all.Cumberland Mall if you want to search it. We are planning another trip for next year. Have Fun!

Room Tip: I heard the corner rooms are good.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo

Thank you for the feedback on your recent visit! I am glad you enjoyed the hotel and liked our new rooms, they were renovated in the first quarter of this year. So glad to hear you will be coming back next year, we look forward to seeing you!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Atlanta
Sheraton Suites Galleria Atlanta
Embassy Suites by Hilton Atlanta - Galleria
DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Atlanta - Galleria
Hyatt Place Atlanta/Cobb Galleria
Hampton Inn & Suites Atlanta - Galleria
HYATT house Atlanta/Cobb Galleria

Been to Renaissance Atlanta Waverly Hotel & Convention Center? Share your experiences!