Renaissance Atlanta Waverly Hotel & Convention Center
Ranked #27 of 172 Hotels in Atlanta
Reviewed June 9, 2013

This was a great hotel pick away from the hustle and bustle. It was a short drive to the aquarium which we did not mind. The grounds across the street from this property are breath taking and make for a great photo opt. We did not eat here because the food was pricey. If you stay venture out into the Galleria centre for cheaper food. This is located just past the pool and spa. My only disappointment was that the outdoor pool was closed. It is a beautiful hotel and I would recommend it to friends.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Joseph U, General Manager at Renaissance Atlanta Waverly Hotel & Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded June 10, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience! I am glad you enjoyed your stay and we hope to have the opportunity to have you back with us in the near future!

There are newer reviews for Renaissance Atlanta Waverly Hotel & Convention Center

Reviewed June 9, 2013

GOD FORBID YOU PAY FOR ANYTHING IN CASH.the front desk treated my wife and I as if we were less then because I used cash instead of my cc. we ended up paying twice for a breakfast and they treated me as if I was trying to get something for free when I asked it to be fixed.also wanna use wifi? ....16 dollars per day.overpriced food for so/so food.example ..my wife and I breakfast buffet -45.00. Overall -wont be back.

• Stayed: June 2013

I am very sorry for your experience and assure you this is not typical at my hotel. I would very much like to speak to you to learn more about your stay to enable me to follow up with my team. I appreciate you taking the time to give us the feedback and hope to have a chance to have you back to the Renaissance Waverly. My name is Joe Uhl and I can be reached at 770 303.3186.

Reviewed June 4, 2013

I am currently staying at the Renaissance Atlanta Waverly on business (offsite - not attending a conference here.) I really like the Marriott Renaissance brand properties, and this particular hotel is very nice. The staff here are all extremely helpful and friendly. We had lunch at the bar one afternoon and the food was excellent. For $10-$15 per lunch, I didn't think it was too pricey considering the convenience and quality. The rooms have been recently updated and are modern and beds are comfortable. As another reviewer mentioned, there were plently of outlets to plug in phone & iPad chargers, hair dryer, iron, etc. In my opinion, the rooms were very spacious (but I'm not sure how big typical rooms are in the Atlanta area.) Bathrooms are updated and clean, with an additional mirrored area just outside the bathroom to do hair or makeup if bathroom is occupied. There is also a nice spacious desk to work on. I am on the 10th floor and it's very quiet. I am a Marriott Rewards Gold member so I have access to the Club Lounge which is fantastic here. The breakfast items are numerous and very good, with oatmeal, scrambled eggs, toppings, bacon/sausage, toast, bagels, pastries, yogurt parfaits, fresh fruit and more. I stopped in one evening at almost 10:00 to grab a soda and they had chocolate covered strawberries and brownies... yum! The staff in the Club Lounge were also top notch. Everything was well stocked, they cleared away my plates, they were friendly to talk to, etc. Very nice! One great feature is that the hotel is directly connected to a mall with shopping and great restaurants. Overall, I loved this hotel! Will stay here again if I return to the Atlanta area!

Room Tip: Probably higher level floor is better as I could see the atrium could be bothersome
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Joseph U, General Manager at Renaissance Atlanta Waverly Hotel & Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded June 6, 2013

Thank you so much for the review of my hotel, I am very please that you found the accomodations comfortable and my staff friendly. I will be sure to share your comments with my team at our stand-up meeting tomorrow and thank them for making your stay comfortable. We hope to see you back in Atlanta soon!

Reviewed May 19, 2013

Stayed here for 4 days recently for a convention, the rooms all face a center courtyard, were upgraded very recently; fourth visit to this property. I would not stay here on my own because the property is still dated and not close to downtown Atlanta, the on site restaurants and gift shop are extremely expensive. The room amenities are great, the beds are really comfortable, the linens and down comforter and down pillows are really nice touches. There is a really nice mall and plenty of restaurants right across the street.

Room Tip: The lobby and atrium can be really loud, ask for a higher floor
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Joseph U, General Manager at Renaissance Atlanta Waverly Hotel & Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded May 21, 2013

Thank you for the feedback, I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us and like our new guest rooms! Please come back soon.

Reviewed May 14, 2013

I enjoyed the location. After returning to the hotel in the evening, enjoyed walking over the walkway to the mall. The room was very clean, very large and conveniently laid out. Lots of electrical outlets to charge up the devices. The bathroom was bright and very clean. My stay included access to the lounge - the breakfast items were perfect for me, a tasty assortment of items. The hostess was friendly and helpful. This will definitely be my choice for future stays.

Room Tip: My corner room was spacious and comfy.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Joseph U, General Manager at Renaissance Atlanta Waverly Hotel & Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded May 15, 2013

Thank you so much for the feedback! I am glad you enjoyed your stay and hope that you return soon!

Reviewed May 8, 2013

Attended a two day meeting recently. Hotel is well maintained and conference rooms in good condition. Hotel servicing of meeting rooms was timely and pleasant. Hotel rooms were well appointed and clean. Large lobby was appreciated before and after all day conference and during our quick breaks during the day. Free parking is a plus. Breakfast buffet was good and appreciated since our meetings started early. Lunch and dinner choices (if not included in the meeting setup) were available but limited in the hotel. Pleasant staff. Connects to Galleria for shopping but shopping limited there...still a good place to walk which was great since it was so rainy outside. Very good value for meetings, conferences, seminars, weddings, social events.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business

I am glad you could stay with us while in town for business. I hope the next time you are hear on pleasure and can enjoy our spa too! We appreciate the feedback and hope to have you back with us soon!

Reviewed May 6, 2013

Stayed here 1 nite this past winter while meeting clients & found room comfortable & recently remodeled. The staff at check in & out was friendly too! The breakfast buffet was tasty & plentiful too.
All in all , a good secure place to stay with free non valet parking included too.

Room Tip: Ask for a redone room.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for the feedback on your recent stay, our rooms were recently renovated and I am pleased you found them comfortable. We hope you come back soon!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Atlanta
Sheraton Suites Galleria Atlanta
Embassy Suites by Hilton Atlanta - Galleria
DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Atlanta - Galleria
Hyatt Place Atlanta/Cobb Galleria
Hampton Inn & Suites Atlanta - Galleria
HYATT house Atlanta/Cobb Galleria

Been to Renaissance Atlanta Waverly Hotel & Convention Center? Share your experiences!