“Best Hotel if you Truly love to watch Planes at a Major Airport!”

Renaissance Concourse Atlanta Airport Hotel
Ranked #52 of 171 Hotels in Atlanta
Jacksonville, Florida
“Best Hotel if you Truly love to watch Planes at a Major Airport!”
Reviewed July 22, 2007

After staying at the Fairfield Inn down in Macon Ga. on 7/20/07 I was in the mood to stay at the Renaissance Concourse Hotel for some First Class Fun. I love planes and the action at Major Airports around the United States of America. And for the last several years when I go up to Atlanta I had been staying at the Airport Hilton. But this year I moved to the (RCH) and the view was to die for. I arrived two hours early and was given room 722 which was right in the middle of the Hotel. I walked to the drapes and pulled them open to see my view of (Atlanta Hartsfield Airport) there is a full size glass wall in your room and an outside Balcony and the view, oh the view. If you are an Airplane Nut this Hotel is for you. You get to watch planes land and takeoff you get to see more then half of the whole Airport. The room was older but the bed was new along with the furnishings. I moved the Big cushion Chair around so I could look at the Planes along with a table and ottoman. My first night I watched the planes for six hours before I walked to the Ruby Tuesday. This hotel has a full restaurant but the prices were a little high for my taste and budget. I came back and began to watch the Airport once more before falling asleep in the large king size bed. I had no real problem with this Hotel but do keep in mind that during the summer a lot of Family Reunions come into town I noticed this during the summer at the Hilton also. The reason I bring this up is there is a lot more noise in the Hotel for there are so many children running around. And I didn't make it to the pool and sauna until 9:00pm on my last night which was Sunday. I will stay at this hotel in the future the price was right $104.00 before taxes.

• Liked — The View
  • Disliked — I spilled a soda on the floor when I wiped it up I noticed the Carpet was very dirty!
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled solo
2 Thank itellitlikeitis

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (405)
Greenville, SC
Reviewed July 20, 2007

A couple of weeks ago, I had an overnight business stay at the Renaissance Concourse near the Atlanta airport. I had higher than usual expectations because of all the positive things said on TripAdvisor -- which I guess can be dangerous if things don't go well.

At any rate, I arrived and self-parked ($9 I think). I checked in with a very unfriendly rep at the front desk. I tried to make conversation to no avail. My room was clean, no issues there. Quite honestly, though, the noise of planes taking off did bother me when it interrupted phone conversations. Apparently, they made a big effort during construction to reduce the noise -- and I did sleep fine, but it seemed less than ideal to me. I will say that I love a hotel with a balcony because it's nice to be able to sit outside and converse either on the phone or with someone there, but the noise of the planes taking off makes that next to impossible.

So, I get in about 9pm and would like to order room service. I was pleased to find room service open until about 1am, however I could not find a menu anywhere in the room.

I called down to the front desk to ask where in the room the menu was kept and what it looked like. She said "oh you must be missing yours." I asked if I could have one brought up and she said it would be a while because room service is backed up. I said no problem, could I come down to the front desk to get one. No, that wouldn't work, I would just have to wait.

So, I waited. It ended up taking about an hour to get a menu delivered. The food that was later delivered was delicious, though.

One other issue I'll mention is the lack of wi-fi available for guests. I was carrying my new iPhone and no laptop because it was a quick overnighter. My iPhone was able to find no less than 4 wi-fi networks, most (if not all) of which I believe belonged to the hotel. However, you need a password to connect. When I called down to ask for a password, she said that the wireless internet was just for group meetings and I would need to use the wired internet in the room. Of course with an iPhone that's not possible, so I asked if I could purchase a password for the $15 they normally charge for a LAN connection and she said no.

Renaissance, let's make wi-fi available as a purchase options for your guests, you're going to be missing additional revenue from folks like me if you don't.

Checkout went smooth except for the silly ATM style parking system you have to pay inside the lobby to get a ticket out.

Overall, the room was clean and the food was good, but the service and amenities left much to be desired.

• Liked — Clean room, good room service food
  • Disliked — No wi-fi, poor customer service
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled on business
Austin
Reviewed July 2, 2007

The room was ok - dirty shower curtain. Nothing special - a bit worn and tired, but that was the theme through the whole hotel. Food was expensive and horrible. Advise to eat somewhere else if possible. Breakfast was ok, lunch buffet was over priced and horrible. If you decide to eat off the menu plan on waiting 45 minutes or more and then be prepared to send back the meal because it is not prepared properly. Not enough help to take care of all the conventions at the hotel. I don't understand how this hotel received such high ratings.

• Liked — Event at the hotel - convenience
  • Disliked — The restaurant - food service
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled on business
London
Reviewed June 13, 2007

Hotel was OK, nothing great, just what expected.

Shuttle from Airport was good, and is very conveniently located.

Checkin / check out very quick. Room was clean, though bathroom was dated. Nice size bed, nice desk for business traveller. Would've expected free internet though, but they charge.

Nice indoor and outdoor pools, decent gym, and sauna. NOTE - you need to get a locker key from checkin desk, save yourself a trip to the changing rooms, get a locker key first!

Hotel is walking distance to a Chinese, Ruby Tuesday, MacDonalds & a steak house. The shuttle will drop you off there if you ask, though you'll need to walk back (4-5 mins max)

• Liked — Closeness to airport
  • Disliked — Dated rooms / bath, lack of free internet in rooms
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled as a couple
4 Thank ssjol
Bermuda
Reviewed May 23, 2007

My husband and I stayed in the Renaissance Concourse hotel for one night last week. The airport location was very convenient and the main reason I chose this property. The hotel shuttle picked us up just outside the Atlanta Airport and got us to the hotel safe & sound, even offering a cold bottle of water to us on the drive over. The check in was quick & efficient and as a Marriott Rewards member, we were provided a room on the conceirge level (though it was closed for the weekend). The room was fine. Furnishings were quite old and in need of updating in my opinion, but for an overnight stay it was adequate. We ate dinner in the restaurant and ordered room service breakfast the next morning. Both were the usual Marriott standard - very good with great 'my pleasure' service (that's what all the staff say to you... which is nice). Overall, I would recommend this property to anyone needing a place close to the airport in Atlanta. My rating of 'above average' is based on the service provided, rather than the physical hotel itself.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Older furnishings in room
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled as a couple
3 Thank june252000
NYC
Reviewed May 3, 2007

Stayed overnight during leg of a trip based on reviews on this site. Place is everything as described, rooms are new, beds are very comfortable, exercise room is large with TV's on each piece of equipment. Make sure you get a room facing the runway, they all have balconies with 2 chairs and a table. You can sit outside, drink beer and watch the planes take off and land, very relaxing. Buffet breakfast next day was excellent.

• Stayed April 2007
4 Thank itbetterbeclean
Norwich, England
Reviewed April 26, 2007

We stayed at this hotel for the night of 29th. March. It is a standard modern hotel, if rather expensive. We found the room to be quiet - after moving away from the elevator link. Rooms are large and airy and well furnished.

We had time to pick up our hire car before leaving the airport. The drive to the hotel was quick and easy. No complaints and a convenient place to stay for one night.

• Liked — Convenient location
  • Disliked — Rather expensive
  • Stayed April 2007, traveled as a couple
1 Thank John36
Also consider these accommodations in or near Atlanta
Atlanta Airport Marriott Gateway
Renaissance Atlanta Airport Gateway Hotel
Holiday Inn & Suites Atlanta Airport - North
Drury Inn & Suites Atlanta Airport
Hyatt Place Atlanta Airport - South
Hilton Atlanta Airport
Hilton Atlanta Airport
#91 of 171 in Atlanta

Been to Renaissance Concourse Atlanta Airport Hotel? Share your experiences!