“Dumped out after midnight despite prepaid reservation”

Renaissance Concourse Atlanta Airport Hotel
Ranked #42 of 174 Hotels in Atlanta
Reviewed May 14, 2014 via mobile

I selected this hotel as it was very near the airport and I was arriving around midnight. On arrival we were told they were full and we were to be moved to a faifield inn 30 minutes away. This was done faultlessly politely but that is not the point. The replacement hotel was totally inconvenient and thoroughly below par. Not impressed at all by the change or the substitute. From other conplaints heard at reception this appears to be common at this hotel. I will never stay there again.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
3  Thank Mark B
MgrRenConcourseATL, Manager at Renaissance Concourse Atlanta Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 15, 2014

I am very sorry we relocated you to another property and of lesser quality than expected. We are certainly not in the business to send guests to another hotel. I would like to remedy directly with you if possible. Please contact me at mike.sutter@renhotels.com. Best regards, Mike

Write a ReviewReviews (1,337)

Reviewed May 12, 2014

I am a multi-year Platinum Elite Member with Marriott. I spend at least one night per week at this property. It has become my second home. Mike, Pablo and the staff are awesome!!! They always greet me with a smile, and by name. My room is always the way that I expect it, and the facility is clean and welcoming. It is unfortunate that I have to spend so much time away from my home, but spending it at a place like the Renaissance ATL makes it much easier to tolerate. Even though I am not at home, when I check in I feel nearly as comfortable. I am very greatful to the staff for taking such great care of me when I am with them...

Room Tip: Airport view rooms a nice...
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Brett M
MgrRenConcourseATL, Manager at Renaissance Concourse Atlanta Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2014

Brett...I'm very thankful for the kind words! We always enjoy seeing you and catching up. Glad we are considered "home away from home" as I know traveling as much as you do can be stressful. Look forward to seeing you again. Best!

Reviewed May 11, 2014

I was here for an event at the hotel. Room was clean, very spacious, had runway view and a balcony. Marriotts tend to have the most comfortable beds! Shower was wonderful, had lots of hot water. Had baquet dinner, food was fabulous for what we paid - from the salad to the desert, excellent. Best Banquet food ever!

Just a very good hotel experience all round, I will be back. Did not eat at the restaurant, but in the past the food was very good.

Room Tip: Rm 523 - Near the elevators, runway view and balcony
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed May 9, 2014

Another great stay at the Atlanta Renaissance Concourse Hotel. I love this hotel and watching the planes of the balcony! I was thanked for being a Gold member on check-in and told about the Concierge lounge hours. The rooms and bathrooms are spacious. If you love watching planes, this is the hotel for you! You can sit on your balcony and watch the non-stop action from ATL. The beds are comfortable and the TV has a true HDTV signal. The gentlemen who work in the Concierge Lounge are true Southern Hosts! They are so good to their guests! The food in the lounge is delicious as well! We had great drinks at the bar as well. I called for a robe and within minutes it was at my door. Also… this hotel provides free shoe shine! Just leave it with the bellman! Make sure to tip though! What a great service!

Again, I love this hotel. The only thing it could use is a little rehabilitation in the pool area. It’s starting to get a bit old looking.

If you’re going to stay in the Atlanta airport area… I highly recommend it!

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank chrisncraz

I am very thankful for your positive comments regarding your recent visit. Thank you for being a Gold member with Marriott! You are correct, Nathan and William in the Concierge Lounge are fantastic and we are very lucky to have them with us. I'm delighted to hear that the robe was delivered within minutes of asking.
Your comments were sent to the entire hotel...everyone enjoys hearing the positive reviews.
Thanks again and hope to see you in the future.

Reviewed May 9, 2014 via mobile

1 night after flight from the UK. Very comfortable room ( king runway view) with a very nice little balcony overlooking the runway. Had bar snack in the evening which was very good- likewise the breakfast. The only thing was the shuttle from the airport didn't pick up at the international terminal and the taxi was more than expected ($14).
Staff were super friendly.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank helenvp
Reviewed May 6, 2014

We used to stay here on our way to and from Puerto Vallarta every February, but switched to the Marriott Gateway to take advantage of the tramway directly from the terminal. But we were staying in Atlanta to visit family and chose the Renaissance due to the lower rate and not needing the tramway. We had a rental car.

We arrived on Saturday and checked in late Saturday night. We had a large room on the top floor and received a complimentary bottle of wine, free breakfast and free parking. The AAA rate was $119.00 with all the extras included. Check in was a breeze and we were up to our room in a flash. We had a view of the runway and it was surprisingly quiet.

Breakfast was awesome in the morning. I love sausage and biscuits! We had omelets and fresh fruit from the buffet. Very nice.

We checked out in the morning and the bill was perfect.

It was nice to return to this hotel. I especially love the view of the airport and the large rooms.

We will be back.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Kevbat

Thank you for your positive review! I agree with you, the sausage & biscuits are pretty good! I'm glad you enjoyed the best views of the airport you can get and the large room. It is fun watching the planes land and take off from such close proximity! Hope to see you again.

Reviewed May 4, 2014

Arrived late in the evening after a long haul flight. Shuttle bus very efficient, check in very smooth and the room was more than adequate. However we did notice a stale cigarette smell which lingered even the next morning. Breakfast good. Didn't notice aircraft noise at all.
Would recommend for overnight stay.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple