“Ideal location for airport stopover”

Renaissance Concourse Atlanta Airport Hotel
Ranked #44 of 173 Hotels in Atlanta
Reviewed May 1, 2013 via mobile

We got this hotel for a steal on Priceline and were impressed with the value for money. We just took a cab ($20) from the airport rather than wait for the shuttle bus. Check in was quick and friendly and granted our wish for a view of the runway. Room was clean although a mini bar would have been welcome. We sampled some fried green tomatoes in the restaurant. They were ok.
Our bill was put under the door which meant we didn't need to wait in line to check out- a plus.
This morning we got the airport shuttle from the hotel which was so easy and Harold was a wonderful driver who left a lasting, positive impression of this hotel. Would recommend.

• Stayed: April 2013
MgrRenMidtownATL, Manager at Renaissance Concourse Atlanta Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 3, 2013

It is great to read your positive comments! It is always fun to read the positive things that take place and share with the team. I will be sure to tel Harold about your experience...he will love hearing the encouraging words.
Hope to see you again sometime!
All the best,

Reviewed April 29, 2013

After arriving in Atlanta I stayed at this hotel for one night before heading to Northeast GA to visit family. I had gotten the room through Priceline and it did feel as if the staff at check in treated me a little differently than they would had I paid full price. This could just be me though, so don't get me wrong - they were friendly nonetheless. Would have preferred a room facing the runway to watch the planes take off & land, but for the price I paid I'm happy with the room I did get. Room was spacious, clean and comfortable. The hotel is conveniently located within a few minutes to area restaurants and other attractions. Great place to stay after a long flight. I would recommend it and would stay here again.

Room Tip: I love the rooms facing the runway. For me, it's fun to see the planes take off and land ;-)
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed April 28, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is right on the airport runway, it's quite noisy. The staff is excellent we arrived at 6am and they were super nice. We chose to valet park because it was $2 more then self parking. The parking staff was fabulous, when they were at their post. We opted for a room facing away from the airport. The rooms are spacious., and have huge windows. We ordered room service the staff was so sweet, they brought extra juice when we changed the drink order. I absolutely love the products in the bathroom. The hotel has a bar and a lovely restaurant, they provide a breakfast buffet every morning. This hotel green and they make an effort to be green as possible without taking away from the comforts.

• Stayed: April 2013

Thank you for taking time to post a positive review on our hotel. There are some great comments in your review and will be shared with the team. I'm glad you liked the Aveda bath products and to hear the room service staff was very friendly. I hope you have another great stay with us in the future...just let me know when you may return.
Best,

Reviewed April 27, 2013

Had a room facing the airport, Not impressed! Plane noise is ridiculous! Had dinner at the restaurant which was very good. Hotel is clean and rooms are updated, the rooms on the opposite side are probably quieter but mine was horrible for the money this location charges.

Room Tip: Opposite side of airport
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple

I'm sorry to hear about the loud noise during your stay. You are correct, the rooms on the ohter side of the hotel are much better. If staying here again, we will be sure to block you in one of the "city side" view rooms. I'm glad to hear everything else went well!
Best,

Reviewed April 18, 2013

Me and my finance stayed here since we had and early morning flight and wanted to be close the Airport..... We did the park and fly which is good for 10 days for $129! Including room! ... And I was pleasantly surprised by how nice the hotel is.... Breakfast was a buffet but you could get made to order omelets, waffles, etc.. Nice touch and very good!! The art work throughout the hotel is beautiful and the Staff go above and abound the call of duty.

Room Tip: Park and Fly!! You can also get rooms looking right out on the airport runway!
Reviewed April 9, 2013

We were going to Atlanta for the Final four. We booked this hotel after reading all the TripAdvisor reviews. You could see this hotel when you are landing on the runway. Checking in the hotel looks fantastic and the girl gave us a great room which faced the runway with a balcony it was room 715. Three nights of basketball, baseball, and free concerts. The Marta and shuttle system worked great. It was always great coming back to this luxury hotel after a day of maddness! The breakfast buffet at this place is the best I ever had and the workout room and pool are great. Khalif the front doorman was super helpfull with discount coupons. I will come back to this hotel with my wife and kids and my binoculars and we will just sit on that balcony plane watching and having a blast!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 7, 2013

I stayed at the Renaissance Concourse Atlanta for a night when in town for the NCAA Final Four. I guess I had my expectations too high from internet ratings but they were not met.

The hotel itself is fine - modern and mostly clean - and the staff is cordial. But my room had that too-much-carpet-cleaner smell and my sheets were not clean. The housekeeping staff was gone by the time I was going to bed after getting back late, so security brought me new sheets but I had to deal with putting them on. Not ideal.

I probably would not stay here again because of the issue with my sheets, but if it was an anomaly, this hotel is not a bad stop-over for a night.

Room Tip: Some rooms face the airport. This is good if you like to watch planes but not-so-good if you are try...