“Consistently Pleased” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #53 of 172 Hotels in Atlanta
Columbus, Ohio, United States
“Consistently Pleased”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 1, 2013

I have visited this hotel over the course of 8 months and have been very impressed by the rooms, the service and the food. The food and drink is very good, although pricey. Not a problem if you are staying for business. Above my budget for personal/pleasure stays. Nice view of the airport. If jet noise is a problem for you, request a city-side room. AIrport noise starts around 6-7 am and does not letup until teh last evening flight - around 11pm. Didnt bother me and i liked having a balcony. Get a breath of fresh air and watch the planes. Beds are very comfortable - in fact, i used to look forward to my visits to get a good nights sleep.
Renovations started in late November and can be annoying and noisy. That said, I would still choose to stay here even with the renovations.

Room Tip: City-side for quiet, airport side for a balcony but plenty of jet noise.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (366)
Louisville, KY
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 31, 2013

Had a business meeting at the Renaissance Concourse January 25-26. I was very pleased with the hotel. Easy in and out. Good rate. Our group will be back. There was some construction going on but the noise was not that bad. Stayed an extra night to visit the area. Had a balcony with a "view". Watched planes landing and taking off. For being so close to a very busy airport the plane noise was minimal and did not bother me.

Room Tip: Be sure to ask for a balcony if you want to watch the planes.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank GramB58
Hingham, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 25, 2013

Stayed for New Year's weekend at the Renaissance. Paid Marriott Rewards rate of $89.00/night which included breakfast. We stay here on a regular basis and have always been treated very well.

The Topeka Kansas Band was staying here as well. about one hundred of the nicest, well behaved, polite teenagers you would ever like to meet. They were playing at half time for the Chick-fil-a Bowl. No late night noise or running up and down the hallways. Other than seeing them at breakfast or on the elevator, you would not have known they were there.

We had a large room on the top floor. We are early risers and were not disturbed by the (renovation) construction going on down the hall that started around 7:00 a.m. Had I been trying to sleep in, it may have been an issue. Be aware that this construction will be going on for quite a while.

The parking lot was full each night and I had to park about 150 yards away from the building. No big deal, just some needed exercise.

Check in and check out were quick and easy. The bill was correct.

We'll be back in April.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Kevbat
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2013

The hotel was excellently appointed with an attentive staff, but the noise from the renovations was a complete distraction. I was visiting for a conference held there, and the banquet staff made the dining experience memorable. They were attentive at every meal and even remembered the special accommodations for the members of our team. Thanks!

• Stayed January 2013
1 Thank fewil
Reston, Virginia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

I stayed at the Renaissance Concourse Atlanta Airport Hotel for a one day conference arriving the night before.

The upside: the hotel is close to the airport, saving me the expense of renting a car. The complimentary shuttle makes airport runs every 20 minutes convenient for guests between the hours of 0420A and 0140A each day. The hotel van does not travel within a 5 mile radius as most other hotels offer, but the property is located within walking distance of several eateries. I had a nice room with a great view of the International runways from the Delta Concourse. So, I was able to look out of my window or from my balcony if I wanted to step outside for some fresh air and sunshine to watch the planes take off and land. I love airports and never tire of them unless I am stuck. Then it gets old. The check-in went smoothly, and the staff was friendly and informative. I had a good night’s sleep in a comfortable bed with pillows that I hope to acquire when I return home. There is some noise from the airport, so if you are a light sleeper this may not be the room for you. The food in the Concorde Bar & Grill, the hotel’s resident restaurant, was delicious. My favorite dish was the sweet potato corn chowder. The breakfast buffet had good variety including cooked-to-order omelets. I always love the chance to eat grits prepared in the south and so I did, covered in butter and sugar, just the way I like them. The indoor pool, spa and gym offered a great getaway for my family to enjoy while I attended to my business of the day.

The downside: When I awakened the next morning, I discovered a soiled top sheet that had gone unnoticed before. The restaurant is a la carte which translates to expensive and did not seem equipped to handle even the smallest group attending a conference. I am not sure if all the attention was towards the large company holding their conference starting on Monday morning or if the weekend staff was not up to par. Either way, as a meeting planner, I was less than impressed. The slow service pushed the conference back 1-1/2 hours which is not acceptable when you are on a set schedule. Some meals had to be returned because they were not prepared as ordered. Settling the bill was even more painful. The poor gentlemen taking our payments, was too senior to think quickly on his feet and change gears. No flexibility there. One man in our group paid for our entire table just to speed things along. On Monday, I did a site visit with one of the Sales Managers to see the parts of the property that I had not seen during my weekend stay. While the hotel has great meeting space and the Manager was professional, I was not impressed. His enthusiasm to gain my business was underwhelming and I would not be running to hold a meeting here.

I was reminded of the southern hospitality that I have grown accustomed to, when I arrived at Atlanta Hartsfield International Airport. People saying or nodding hello as they pass you by; the wonderful respect given when someone answers with a “yes ma’am, no ma’am” response, and the general gladness to have you in their state. Unfortunately, that southern hospitality did not translate to this Atlanta property. The final straw was when my daughter’s portable game was stolen out of her backpack along with some other items. Security handled this with care and sensitivity and I am hopeful that a clear resolution will be forthcoming. I have already heard from Marriott National Claims Office.

I give this property 3 out of 5 because it has the potential to be a great hotel if given a customer service upgrade to go along with its recent renovation.

Room Tip: I had the concourse room which is a view of the Delta Concourse international runways. I love watch...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Marietta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

My husband and I staycationed here for a date night! The hotel itself was very contemporary. The staff was friendly and accommodating. Good customer service is so hard to find but not this hotel. It made me want to stay at more Renaissance hotels for future travels. The room layout was large with modern furnishings and a huge bathroom. I thought there would be lots of noise from the airport but I slept like a baby. The only con is that dang $12.00 parking. Other than that, my kinda' place to stay! I will be back!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Charlotte
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 22, 2013

Agree that the hotel is very elegant and the views of the airport are amazing. We went to see the planes but the construction was louder than the airport itself. They were running jackhammers when we arrived at 4:30pm on Saturday. We asked when it would stop and they said 6:30pm and then start up again at 9am on Sunday morning. There was no notification on the website or when we called about the construction. We asked for a roll away bed and were told there was a $25 fee which was not listed as a fee on the website. And then we were charged $16 for parking each car (had 2 cars), which was listed on the website but thought was too high for the location. Between all of the noise and fees, we decided to move to another hotel, which ruined our weekend because we came to see the planes land.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Atlanta
Holiday Inn & Suites Atlanta Airport - North
Atlanta Airport Marriott Gateway
Drury Inn & Suites Atlanta Airport
Sheraton Atlanta Airport Hotel
Hyatt Place Atlanta Airport - South

Been to Renaissance Concourse Atlanta Airport Hotel? Share your experiences!