“Good Night's Sleep.....”

Ranked #49 of 172 Hotels in Atlanta
Hingham, Massachusetts
“Good Night's Sleep.....”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 7, 2011

I was in Atlanta for the weekend and booked a room at the Renaissance. It was the third time I've stayed at this hotel. Checked in at 8:00 p.m. on Saturday. The process was painless and quick. I got a Marriott Rewards rate of $84.00, plus tax and $11.00 to self park. The room was clean, and everything was in order. The hotel honored my request for an upper floor and extra foam pillows.
I used the fitness area which was really well set up with state of the art treadmills, elliptical and weight machines. The room is open 24hrs./day and I was the only one in there at 4:30 a.m.
I had the Marriott buffet breakfast for $17.00. I was about to get some eggs from the line of items offered when the chef in the omelet station asked if I would like an omelet or fried eggs. I said sure and he made me two eggs over and they were great.
Checkout was a breeze and I had no issues with the bill.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Kevbat

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (385)
Newport Beach, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2011

Nice hotel, close to airport, nice shuttle with very courteous drivers every 20 minutes. Upon arrival, I was greeted and thanked for being a Marriott Rewards member. I just wonder when I'm going to get upgraded on arrival? Marriott Rewards + Amex Platinum is supposed to make you "special", but I have yet to experience it. I chose this hotel because it offered room service. When I arrive late, and alone, I want to stay in my room. The room service menu specifically states "25 minutes unless otherwise noted". First of all, the phone in my room didn't work, so I kept calling room service but they couldn't hear me, so I called on my cell. It's 9:30, I'm hungry and tired, so a little cranky about this annoyance. I called when the food hadn't arrived in 35 minutes and was told it would be there "shortly". Finally, at close to an hour after ordering the food arrived. Filet arrived medium rare, and was pretty good.

I checked out at 8, so didn't get a chance to sample the breakfast buffet, but it looked delicious. Shuttle to the airport was simple, and I must say the drivers are very courteous.

I'm rating it "very good" because they offer room service, and that's a must for me after rushing through airports, but other than that, I would've been just as comfortable at another Marriott brand like a Courtyard. It was nice to find a Delta check-in kiosk in the lobby, and they had a nice business center, though I didn't need to use it.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Honolulu, Hawaii
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2011

I spend a good bit of time in airport hotels. This hotel is one of the best, if not THE best, airport hotels I've ever visited. Great location, quick ride to the terminal, good food (room service food was delicious!), attentive service, comfortable accommodations.

I asked for a room facing the runway and was entertained by all the aircraft landing and taking off. Yes you will hear jets engines but not enough to bother you.

Spa and excerise area were great!

I highly recommend this property.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank F5993GMericd
Knoxville, Tennessee
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2011

I have stayed at this property numerous times as I find it relaxing and fascinating to watch the activity on the airport runways and terminals. What is amazing is once the balcony door is shut, there is very little to any jet noise that can be heard in the room. I have had my room upgraded many times upon check-in and have always found the staff to be well above average. The rooms are nice but starting to show their age with peeling wallpaper, scratched furniture and worn carpets. WiFi is very poor in the hotel especially for a charge of $13.00 per day. Restaurant service is average as well as the food. During my last visit I went to have dinner and the main seating area was closed so I was seated in the bar - no comfortable or enjoyable.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a runway view.
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled solo
Jacksonville, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2011

We stayed there one night (room 705) on our way to Montgomery (AL).
I mentioned our room # because it is on the quiet side of the hotel. Although this hotel is located almost directly on the runways, we heard absolutely nothing, or a weak noise in a distance. Surprisingly enough, I heard from a staff member that some clents prefer to have a balcony and view on the runways.
Our room was large (about 300 sq ft). I agree that the hotel needs some renovation but it's been obviously well maintained and so far everything is clean and okay, and worked properly.
Bedding was very comfortable.
No safe in room.
Hotel service (valet parking, bellman) was very good
Our breakfast was great, good buffet.
However for our dinner, the restaurant was hardly fast food level. Terrible and expensive.
I would advise to go there only with no ambition, and limit to a hamburger. In addition, the service is extremely slow.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Cary, North Carolina
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2011

I stayed here on business in September 2011. It's very close to the airport, with complimentary shuttle every 20 minutes. I had a room facing the airport where one can watch airplanes being serviced. Some of my colleagues complained about the sound of departing or arriving flights which made it difficult for them to sleep, but I found that if you close the heavy curtains, the sound can be greatly reduced. The room was spacious, with typical bathroom amenities, no fridge/microwave, water at $5+ per bottle, and internet use is not free.

Service and food is OK, not something to rave about.

Room Tip: Ask for a room not facing the airport if you prefer quiet nights.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Seminole, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2011

Ive stayed at this hotel a few time and have never been disappointed. It is a very large hotel with a nice bar area but the restaurant area is "open" in the center atrium. The Meeting rooms and nice and the staff is attentive.

The rooms are nice, the beds are extremely comfortable, HOWEVER it is very close to the airport so depending on which side of the hotel your room is on you might get woken up early or have some issues getting to bed. Ive slept on both sides and have never had an issue falling asleep but i have been woken up a few times before my alarm when off. If you are planning on sleeping in past 6 and are a lite sleeper this could be a problem. Its more of a business stop for me so sleeping past 7 isnt an option.

Room Tip: If you can a room opposite the airport is quieter
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Atlanta
Drury Inn & Suites Atlanta Airport
#85 of 172 in Atlanta
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,614 reviews
Sheraton Atlanta Airport Hotel
Hyatt Place Atlanta Airport - South

Been to Renaissance Concourse Atlanta Airport Hotel? Share your experiences!