“A fine place if you don't value the Internet at all.”
Review of Regency Suites

Regency Suites
Ranked #78 of 174 Hotels in Atlanta
Reviewed May 22, 2009

There was nothing wrong with my stay here really, except that I am a tech worker and there is no wifi in the rooms at all (you are tied to the desk with a cable, fairly 1990's, unless you want to sit in the lobby) and the reliability of the internet was almost zero.

They said they were having problems when I arrived and after 4 days, _nothing_ got better, even after telling the front desk and their taking my room number. It would work for 5 minutes and then I'd have to muck with the router until it worked for another 5 minutes.

Clean and friendly, but don't expect a reaction to bad tech support.

Oh, and for rooms facing the close building, the sounds of sirens blare up through the cooridor between the two buildings, waking you up at 5am. :/

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled on business

Reviewed April 13, 2009

The location is great. The rooms and lobby were very nice. Beds were comfortable. We had reserved through hotels.com or similar and specifically reserved a double, not a king, but when we got to the hotel, they were out of doubles. I would contact the hotel directly to confirm an online reservation like that. Our room had a kitchenette area. Breakfast was provided (continental) with lots of options (like make your own waffle). I was able to get a room in this hotel for less than all the other ones nearby. There is no apparent parking nearby and the hotel charged $15/night to park in its ramp.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 12, 2008

My father and I stayed at this hotel from December 9, 2008 to December 11, 2008 in room 912. We were in Atlanta for two nights to see a hockey game. A few minor issues aside, overall I was pleased with the accommodations.

First, the hotel is conveniently located right next door to the MARTA Midtown train station. We were able to take the train at the airport directly to and from the hotel for only $1.75 each way with no transfers. Additionally, the major tourist spots like the CNN Center and World of Coke were only a 10 minute train ride away. I felt completely safe in the area. Many very nice restaurants were within walking distance of the hotel.

The room was very spacious and clean. The bathroom was above-average in size and had a separate room for the toilet and shower. We found the beds to be comfortable though the comforters were a bit aged. The pillows were fine with me, but other types of pillows were available. The room also came with a little kitchen area with a sink, plates, coffeemaker, and refrigerator. The room also had a writing desk, a small dining table, and a coffee table with a sofa. The bathroom had plenty of towels and the complimentary soaps, shampoos, and lotions were replaced daily. The television had a very large selection of channels to choose from.

The staff was very friendly. The first night we arrived “Scottie” was very helpful providing useful information about local restaurants and directions to certain places. Check-in took less than a minute. The day we left “Brenda” was helpful with information and directions to the Jimmy Carter Presidential Library. She also watched our luggage for us after we had to check out when we toured the Library.

The complimentary breakfast buffet was pretty good, but not great. The hotel had three free internet stations to use and they were usually available. A few minor complaints were that the door to room 912 did not close easily and I had to force it shut. My neighbor in room 910 must have not been too happy with the noises. It would have been nice to have a pool/hot tub or at least access to one nearby. The water pressure from the shower was very weak.

Overall this was a decent place to stay for the very reasonable rate I paid and in a great location too. I would stay here again.

Marc T. Hardekopf

• Stayed: December 2008
Reviewed November 4, 2008

I stayed at this hotel on a recent business trip to Atlanta and was not overly impressed. The lobby and fitness room were nice, but other areas of the hotel, including the room I stayed in, could have used some attention.

The room I stayed in was on the ninth floor and was a fairly decent room except for a few things: 1) the shower curtain in the bathroom had a terrible mildew odor, 2) the comforter on the bed also smelled awful - I threw it on the floor each night and never used it, 3) the pillows on the bed are really uncomfortable - way to firm and thick (fortunately, there were feather pillows stored in the linen closet otherwise I would never have been able to sleep), 4) the room's door was too short and light from the hallway illuminated the room each night (I fixed this by rolling up a bath towel and setting it in front of the door), and worst of all 5) the door handle/lock on my door seemed to be falling off. I'm sure the maid(s) must notice this each time they clean the room but it certainly does not make a good impression.

I had been traveling for a few days before I arrived in Atlanta and decided to wash some clothes so I headed down to the laundry room which is located in the parking garage. I was disappointed to find that the key card reader (lock) on the laundry room door did not work. Don't worry though - I was able to get in...anyone who walks in the lobby and takes the elevator to the parking garage can. A little nerve racking considering this hotel is not in the greatest area.

In short, I've stayed in (much) nicer hotels/motels for a lot less money but this is probably the best you're going to do for the midtown area. I did like that the hotel was right next to the MARTA station and within walking distance of many restaurants.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled on business
1  Thank MarylandRoadtripper
Reviewed September 30, 2008

I just returned from a two night trip at the Regency Suites. If you want a decent night's sleep in a room with a kitchenette in Midtown Atlanta...you likely are in luck.

If you are wanting a "boutique hotel" experience...as the hotel advertises...think again. The problems started literally from the moment I got there:

1. I had to drive around the block three times to find out where to park.
2. The check in clerk seemed a bit annoyed that I did not know that I could "honk the horn, and he would let me in at the side of the hotel."
3. My reservation...which was made through the hotel website...was not to be found. Did the clerk apologize for it being lost? Of course not.
4. When I got to my room, there were used toiletry bottles in the waste paper basket.
5. Despite asking for it twice, they never gave me any decaffineated coffee in the room. Did they apologize for it? Of course not.
6. The work out room (which was adequately sized and had some nice treadmills) was not touched by their personnel in two days. How do I know that? There were no cups for the water cooler on both days and the dirty towel container (as well as the trash receptacle) were not emptied during that time.
7. Do you think you will get "boutique hotel" type toiletries? Think again. I have had better toiletries...much better toiletries...at a Hampton Inn.
8. The hotel does not know what fabric softener is. Although the towels were big, they had to be the roughest-to-the-touch towels I have ever used...at any hotel!
9. The hotel advertises that it gives you a complimentary dinner. Think again about that...all it is is a $10 voucher for a nearby restaurant.
10. And speaking of food...the continental breakfast is SUPPOSED to be from 7-10 AM. At 6:30 there was no complimentary coffee in the lobby...at 7:00 the coffee was still brewing but no food in the lobby. Food started to come in at 7:10 AM and the attendant finished putting out the food at 7:20 AM. I was in a hurry and told them so...but did they apologize? Of course not. And...what "boutique" hotel puts out pre-packaged cinnamon buns and doughnuts? YUCK!

So, like I said...if you want a standard room with a kitchenette, stay at the Regency. If you want anything remotely more, look elsewhere.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled on business
1  Thank calumet22
Reviewed September 22, 2008

Not sure if I could recommend this place. Good location midtown near the marta, parking although they do charge $16 a day. Great breakfast buffet. The problem we had was the loud noise coming from room 501. We stayed there on a sat night in Sept after a Georgia Tech home win against Miss St so that might of been the issue. Hard to to sleep when guys and girls are yelling at 2 in the morning. Slamming doors, etc.

• Stayed: September 2008
Reviewed June 19, 2008

The hotel was excellent and we loved it. It is right next to the MARTA so very convenient if you are not driving. Wasn't anything overly fancy but very classy. VERY CLEAN!!!! The staff was friendly. The hotel also has a "homey" and comfortable feeling so if you are staying for a while like we were you don't feel as homesick. I would be returning to this hotel the next time I am in ATL and reccommend it to others. Free internet access and continental breakfast.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled on business