“Great boutique hotel, clean/safe area, cheerful staff”
Review of Regency Suites

Regency Suites
Ranked #80 of 173 Hotels in Atlanta
Reviewed February 26, 2013

Friends who had visited Atlanta warned me of how dirty and dangerous it was but I found it to be completely opposite. The MARTA (subway) takes you half a block from the main entrance of this hotel but I was never aware of any noise from it. The rooms were spacious and spotless, complete with a pullout sofa, large closet, dressing room and kitchenette. Starbucks coffee, water with lemons and a selection of teas were available all day and night, free of charge in the lobby coffee/breakfast area. The continental breakfast provided more than enough steam to start my day and I even took some creamer packets to put in my refrigerator so I didn't have to leave the room for my first coffee of the morning. You could even take a few bagels and toast them in your room for breakfast in the morning. The staff was always cheerful and accommodating. Booker (the fellow who runs the breakfast/coffee area) had an easy smile and friendly manner. He said "I treat the guests in our hotel as if they were guests in my own home" and he did. The housekeeper was happy to do other rooms so I could relax in mine right up until check out time. She warmly wished me a great trip home when she spotted me leaving. This has to be a first....cheerful housekeeping staff? Though there is no restaurant on premises, there are many to choose from within walking distance and we walked well after dark with no worries. The streets were empty, no people, no traffic and spotlessly clean. My ONLY complaint was that all the pillows were exactly the same (too thick and stiff for my comfort) so if you're fussy you may want to bring your own.

Room Tip: My room was to the front of the building and it was perfectly quiet. I couldn't hear the elevato...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
rshgm, General Manager at Regency Suites, responded to this reviewResponded March 25, 2013

I am so glad that you chose to stay with us! Midtown is such a great vibrant area to welcome travelers and we are glad that you got a chance to experience it. We think that Booker is great too and will make sure that he sees your review!

Reviewed February 25, 2013

Due to a monumental muck up with our travel provider we found ourselves a long way from home and without a room. The staff at Regency Suites front desk were wonderful. Calling an international number for us, allowing us to sort out our problem and booking us in for our (unexpected) stay.

The rooms were clean, well equipped and very comfortable.

The staff were courteous and very pleasant to chat to.

I cannot praise this hotel and its people enough.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
rshgm, General Manager at Regency Suites, responded to this reviewResponded February 26, 2013

I am so glad that we were able to help you! I can't imagine how it would feel to arrive in a foreign country and find that the hotel you booked and paid for had closed down. We are happy that we were able to welcome you to the US and be a part of your wonderful journey... I hope that we will be able to host you again in the future!

Reviewed February 19, 2013

This hotel is in the Midtown section, but very easy to get to GWCC, Dome and Phillips Arena via the local public transportation Marta. Marta station is less than one block from the hotel and easy to navigate. Advantages of NOT staying directly at GWCC, Dome and arena - less congestion and better prices. Lots of good options for restaurants within walking distance as well as a grocery store (rooms are suites with a small refrigerator and microwave).

Hotel is well maintained. Rooms are clean and well appointed. All include a queen size sleeper sofa. Okay for kids, but torture for adults. The mattresses in the sofa bed is not comfortable. Room with toilet and shower is separate from dressing area with vanity so it allows for multiple people to get ready at one time.

Street noise is a factor on lower level rooms. Windows are not sound proof at all.

AC/heating is a bit noisy and not that consistent temperature control.

A ventilation fan in the shower/toilet room would be a suggested improvement.

Shower temperature, cleanliness and water pressure were all good. Shower was a bit narrow.

Staff is friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: Request a room on an upper level to avoid disturbance by street noise.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
rshgm, General Manager at Regency Suites, responded to this reviewResponded February 20, 2013

We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and found our location to be so perfect for your event! We hope to see you here for next year's event.

Reviewed January 30, 2013

Recently stayed at this hotel for a weekend getaway with one of my college girlfriends. The size of the room with the 2 double queen beds was excellent for the 2 of us. We were able to maneuver without being on top of one another. Our room faced the street and not once we were disturbed by passing cars. The complimentary breakfast was satisfying but most importantly the location of the hotel was great being that we needed easy access to the highway. Ambiance, cleanliness, and the helpful and pleasant staff all get 2 thumbs up. Now the parking garage...well that's a whole other story. True, a garage does exist BUT maneuvering within it is a task for excellent drivers ONLY! I'm from NJ and have spent an enormous amount of time parking in, on & around NYC streets but even I was not prepared for this. The garage is tight, only 1 car can pass at a time & there's only 1 way in & out. Long story short, if the garage was better constructed I'd probably rate this hotel as excellent. Overall I'll definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
rshgm, Manager at Regency Suites, responded to this reviewResponded February 20, 2013

We are so glad that you had a great weekend with your girlfriends in Midtown! We are also happy to hear about your great experience at the hotel. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed January 28, 2013

I can't complain at all about this hotel. It was everything that you expect and need from a hotel. The front desk staff was especially friendly. Parking was the same cost if not a little less than other area hotels and the room rate was perfect for what we got. Good, spacious room with anything we would need. There was an old McDonald's apple pie left in the refrigerator, which is kind of gross, but at least it wasn't something to do with the bed or bathroom. The location is great and you can hit a lot of good spots in town and they are more or less walking distance based on your preference. Otherwise, it's not too far for cabs. Also, it's next to a marta station which would be good for sightseers and day-travelers. I would definitely check availability here again.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple

We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us -- and appreciate you letting us know about the item in your refrigerator so that we can ensure that our staff is diligent in ensuring that we don't miss the fridge in the cleaning process. We hope to see you in Atlanta again soon!

Reviewed January 23, 2013

We were there on business- our second time in three years. LOVED it the first time but we were on the back side of the building (not street side)then and this time there was quite a bit of street noise. It is a lovely hotel with exercise room and a nice breakfast. Cereal, toast, bagels, fruit, yogurt, waffles, instant oatmeal- yes, carb heavy but a nice start with Starbucks coffee available day and night.

We liked the in room kitchenette but didn't use much more than the refrigerator this time. Our first visit, the hotel was impeccable, super clean and felt 'fresher'. This year I wondered if the management / ownership or housekeeping supervisors had changed. There was a lump of chocolate ground into the rug in the dressing room and I noticed what looked like a Cheezit crumb in the corner of the bathroom floor at check in. If it weren't for those two things and the street noise I would have rated my stay as excellent. It deserves more than four stars but not quite five. If it were my staff, I would have wanted them to at least try to get the ground chocolate out of the rug. I wish I had said something - only because I hope they don't think I was the culprit!

The staff was warm and accommodating, the location was fantastic and the décor lovely. I would stay there again. It is a block away from the Margaret Mitchell house and walking distance to diverse eateries. You will definitely feel like you are on the edge of a city (Midtown)

Room Tip: Request a newly renovated room, 6th floor, not on the street side. If you are on the 7th floor you...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
rshgm, Manager at Regency Suites, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2013

We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and our Great midtown location. We are very happy to hear that we will be your choice when you return to Atlanta. Our housekeepers take great pride in providing impeccably clean rooms and we apologize if we missed the mark during your stay -- thank you for letting us know so that we can provide some additional training and inspection to ensure that we don't fall short in the future. We look forward to being your hosts again in the near future!

Reviewed January 23, 2013

Great room size and in room amenities. Extremely convenient to midtown and an easy Marta ride from the airport. Breakfast was minimal but decent. The staff was incredibly friendly and flexible with the needs of our large group.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business