Regency Suites
$159
$127
Marriott Hotels
  • Restaurant
All reviewsmidtown marta stationcomplimentary dinnerstarbucks coffeepublix supermarketpiedmont parkpride weekenddressing areasmall kitchenettegeorgia techparking garage ismidtown hotelyogurtcontinental breakfastwaffle makerthe staff was friendly and helpfultwo blocksnice stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 27, 2012

In town for an event at the Georgia Dome? This is your place! Located right next to the subway (MARTA) hop on "either" the red or yellow line going Southbound and get off at Five Points station, then get on "either" the blue or greenline going West---go one stop--- and you are right at the GA Dome! The hotel is nice. Has a simple breakfast. Ya gotta pay for parking though....and be sure to put a "do not disturb" sign on your door or housekeeping WILL wake you up at 8:00am! (the only reason I didn't give them a 5 star)

Room Tip: Close to the subway!
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 9, 2012

The employess of Regency Suites in Atlanta are fabulous! Especially Sharon-She was working the front desk when I had to call about directions (surprise surprise my GPS couldn't find the hotel...) she was kind, pleasant, and stayed on the phone with me till I was able to get to the hotel. She was, as well as, other staff, willing to provide information and directions around town. The rooms were clean and comfortable! There was a nice selection for the complementary breakfast. If I have to stay in ATL again I will definitely stay at Regency Suites again!

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank MASpencer
Reviewed March 3, 2012

I was recently in Atlanta on business and the places I normally stay were booked, so I ended up here. It's a little run down, and some of their practices are odd (for instance, you have to use our room key to open the front door after about 9 at night, which no one explained, so I was standing there like a dunce until I noticed the sign). There is convenient parking right under the hotel, although the entrance looks harrowing to get into. The room was very large, although I wouldn't describe it as a 'suite' - there was sort of an alcove with a microwave and fridge. It's incredibly convenient to the MARTA station, which is great if you are coming from the airport. There's a MARTA stop right in the airport and it goes straight here to the midtown station. $2.25 and no traffic - definitely the way to go. The street outside is busy and there isn't really a place to park in front of the hotel, so if you are meeting someone I'd suggest they pull into the parking garage and meet you at the P1 level, not the lobby. The breakfast is free, and offerend from 7am but I honestly didn't like the look of most of what they had - mostly prepackaged and very heavy. The price for a convenient hotel for business was very good.

Room Tip: My room was right by the elevator, which was convenient and it wasn't noisy.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank SarahM2011
Reviewed February 22, 2012

I was a bit grumpy since I was sent here from a much nicer hotel that had overbooked me. But the staff was friendly and helpful. There was no noise from the hall or neighboring rooms, but lots of street noise despite being on the 8th floor. Usually I turn on the HVAC fan to provide white noise, but there was only a temperature setting, no "fan on". Room was large, furnishings were adequate, bed was fine but nothing special. Minimal amenities (shampoo, soap, lotion, but no conditioner or anything else). Breakfast is included, but pretty much all packaged food. Free internet service.

Bottom line: almost as nice as a Hampton Inn.

Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed February 13, 2012

This is the third time I have stayed here. It is convenient to Marta's midtown station. They have improved the breakfast selection (which is complimentary). Starbucks coffee is available all day long in the lobby which is a nice touch. There is a refrigerator and microwave in the room. The Publix supermarket is just 2 blocks away if you want to get snacks etc. This time our room was comfortable on the 8th floor. During another stay, the air conditioner/heating system blew on us while we were in bed and it was very noisy.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family