“This is the Best place to Stay”

Doubletree Hotel Atlanta/North Druid Hills
Ranked #100 of 172 Hotels in Atlanta
Reviewed June 3, 2010

GREAT PLACE TO STAY WITH FAMILY AND FRIENDS!!
Memorial Day weekend trip to Atlanta was great but with the DoubleTree made it wonderful, I felt secure and safe. They treat you like family and the breakfast and dinner meals were delicious and ;et me not for get to mention the cookies which added a great touch..

Stayed: May 2010, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Doubletree Hotel Atlanta/North Druid Hills

Reviewed May 14, 2010

I have been given a job opportunity in Atlanta, but my family lives in Orlando. I first checked in to this property in Early March. They have made me feel right at home. From the front desk, to housekeeping and even the ktichen staff. They treat you like a returning family member. Now that I am commuting weeklly, it is so comforting to know that I have a new family waiting for me every Sunday night when I return.
They ask every day how am I doing? Always concerned that everything is OK. I would reccomend this Hotel to anyone traveling to Atlanta.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed March 21, 2010

I was booked into this hotel by a company I was visiting in Atlanta. The staff was very friendly, and the service was great. The lobby is nice, and the workout room had good equipment. The room was not that great. The hotel sits right next to the interstate, so there's a constant rumble of traffic - even on the 9th floor. Normally, this wouldn't be a problem because I could drown the noise with the A/C fan. However, the fan on the A/C unit did not work properly. It ran as long as the air was on, but it would not run in the "on" position. On the other hand, the toilet seemed to run constantly. I had to "jiggle" the handle multiple times after a flush to make it stop. Also, the hotel has 3 elevator banks, but one elevator was not working. Not a huge problem, but it led to a longer wait.

If I were going to stay in this area again, I'd probably opt for the Hampton Inn just up the road.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank WarEagle2007
Reviewed March 16, 2010

I stayed at this hotel over Holleween weekend since I went to Atl for the first time to visit a law school out there. I booked through hotels.com and got a really nice price. Check-in was fast and the cookie added an extra touch. room was clean, free coffee and coffee maker, free wifi, and neutrgoena hair products. Ice bucket and a mini fridge to keep drinks cold. Bed was very comfy. This place is close to the Art center, John Marshall Law School, and mid-town, down town Atlanta...just access Buford Hwy and it's a straight shoot. CVS, Krystal Burger, Waffle House is close by for late night munchies. Easy accdess to I-20 if one wanted to go the six flags. I found every place I had to go very easily and this was my first time in ATL. The staff was great offering advice on where to go and givingus a cookie everytime we asked (the cookies are banging). I will stay here everytime I visit ATL...no need to look for another hotel.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank shanedyra
Reviewed February 17, 2010

Recently, my fiancee and I stayed at the Doubletree Hotel Atlanta/North Druid Hills. We stayed from Friday evening until Tuesday morning. Our stay was wonderful. The staff was so accommodating and helpful, and went out of there way to make sure that our needs and desires were met. The breakfast in the mornings was so very delicious, and even when things were closed down or being closed down, they attended to us as though we were the first in line. Robert at the restaurant was great to us as was the gentleman making the omelets. The room was spacious, clean and extremely comfortable. We had a great stay, didn't want to leave and the cookies were always warm and ready whenever we asked. All in all, this is a wonderful place with great weekend rates, an exceptional staff, was very quiet and close to all of the things that Atlanta has to offer.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank joecarlos
Reviewed October 26, 2009

Upon check-in, you are given a really delicious Doubletree cookie (bonus points for customer appreciation and service efforts). Never having stayed at a Doubletree previously, I didn't realize this, but I guess it's the norm with that chain. Nice touch.

The lobby could use some revamping. The decor is a bit old and wornout.-looking. Lighting is a bit dull too, so it adds to the gloom.

The rooms overall had nice beds and were a decent size. The bathroom, however, was pretty tiny, and again the faucets were very dated. I liked the fact that the room had multiple mirrors (helpful for multiple girls being able to get ready at the same time).

Customer service was excellent at the hotel, and pretty much everywhere around Atlanta.

The location was great. Seemed like a safe neighborhood, and a convenient location to get to downtown/midtown...only about 10-15mins away. There are some small shopping plazas in the area with food options as well, so that was pretty convenient.

Stayed: October 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 10, 2009

The area was questionable. The lobby was clean and the staff were all very kind and did their jobs with a smile. A warm fresh cookie was offered at check-in, which was delicious. Once we got to our rooms though, it was a different story. Every surface seemed to have a thin layer of grease on it, and the carpets were way past their expiration date. I travel with Lysol & wipes for just this reason. We sprayed and wiped every surface, but the room still had a humid, mildewy odor. We booked the rooms on hotwire for 49, so maybe they gave us an older room on purpose, I'm not sure. Hot wire would not issue us a refund, credit, transfer, anything (not that I expected them to, after all, I did read the fine print and check that box) None the less, when we returned from our evening back to our rooms, we just chose not to sleep there, but the others in our group did stay. I guess this was a case of, "you get what you pay for". I have no complaints with the staff or the public lobby areas, and am not sure if they do have some rooms that are nicer than others. I just did not see any.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Atlanta
Buckhead
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Atlanta - Buckhead

Been to Doubletree Hotel Atlanta/North Druid Hills? Share your experiences!