“Great value”

Doubletree Hotel Atlanta/North Druid Hills
Ranked #97 of 172 Hotels in Atlanta
Reviewed April 30, 2014

The location of the hotel, quality of the food, and friendliness of most of the staff is great. For the price, it's a really great value, and we plan to stay there again. The drapes are not the blackout variety, so some light comes in at night. It wasn't bad enough to keep us awake, though.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Thaddeus H, General Manager at Doubletree Hotel Atlanta/North Druid Hills, responded to this reviewResponded May 1, 2014

Hello Perrin C,

I would like to thank you for having chosen the Doubletree by Hilton Atlanta Emory Area for your recent stay.

We appreciate the time you took to find us on Trip Advisor and for you’re very positive response. I am very pleased to see that all our services were to your satisfaction and please be assured that your positive comments have already been shared with our team members.

I am looking forward to welcoming you back to the Doubletree by Hilton Atlanta-North Druid Hills on your next trip to the Atlanta area.

Reviewed April 29, 2014

Perfect location, close to Emory University. Room was very large and super clean. We enjoyed the free hot cookie upon arrival! We were a bit disappointed when breakfast was not included, however McDonalds was right next door. Comfortable linens and plenty of pillows for a good night sleep.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Thaddeus H, General Manager at Doubletree Hotel Atlanta/North Druid Hills, responded to this reviewResponded April 30, 2014

Hello Karen J,

We appreciate the time you took to find us on Trip Advisor and for you’re very positive response. I am very pleased to see that all our services were to your satisfaction. Please be assured that your positive comments have already been shared with our team members.

Reviewed April 29, 2014

Traveling alone on business in an unfamiliar city was anxiety producing however I had a great experience staying at the DoubleTree, Atlanta on N. Druid Hills. They did so much to make the stay comfortable. Staff exceeded expectations in helpfulness and welcoming. I would definitely recommend this place to friends.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business

Hello Laurie S,

We appreciate the time you took to find us on Trip Advisor and for you’re very positive response. I am very pleased to see that all our services were able to add comfort to you first travels to Atlanta. Please be assured that your positive comments have already been shared with our team members.

Reviewed April 22, 2014

I stayed here for 3 nights with some friends and the people working were very helpful. The front desk staff was great and the restaurant for breakfast was busy and staff seemed like they could have used some help. They were out of bacon and eggs one day and took awhile to get them filled also out of potatoes the next day and out of fruit. If I wasn't a Diamond member I would not have been happy to pay the price for breakfast.

Seemed to wait a long time for the elevators, but that is not their fault, just bad design of building. The rooms were nice and would stay here again. It would be nice to get the machines fixed in the workout room as two were broken when there so had to wait to use them.

The front desk staff got us a couple great restaurant recommendations. It was a nice stay.

Room Tip: Tell them you want a room not overlooking the highway.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
Thaddeus H, General Manager at Doubletree Hotel Atlanta/North Druid Hills, responded to this reviewResponded April 23, 2014

Hello Richard F,

Thank you for your comments and more importantly, for taking the time to find us on Trip Advisor in regards to your recent stay with us.

It always saddens me to hear such feedback as this is far from the image that we like to portray to guests like yourself. However, such feedback is also very important to us and I appreciate your comments.

I am sorry to hear that you were unable to enjoy breakfast and workout experience. You also noted due to our building's design the elevators were not sufficient for you. I can assure you that we strive for excellence in the field of taking care of our guest.

I do apologize that The Doubletree by Hilton North Druid Hills did not meet your expectations and sincerely hope that we will have another occasion to rectify this for you.

I hope to be able to welcome you back with us again on a future trip to Atlanta. Upon that visit, please let me know beforehand so I can arrange upgraded services and make sure you will have a most pleasant stay.

If I can be of any assistance in the meantime, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Reviewed April 22, 2014

This hotel has the friendliest staff and they are all more than helpful. It was a great hotel for the price! The rooms are dated, but more than adequate and the beds are super comfy! It was a pleasure staying there!

Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business

Narcie J,

We appreciate the time you took to find us on Trip Advisor and for you’re very positive response. I am very pleased to see that all our value and customer service was to your satisfaction. Please be assured that your positive comments have already been shared with our team members.

Reviewed April 21, 2014

We recently stayed here to visit a nearby university. Given the description, I expected something much nicer. The staff was kind, welcoming and professional and dinner was actually decent, but the room hasn't been updated in about ten years! Noisy, too. We checked out the next day and went to the Hilton at the airport. Now that was a great price and an amazing hotel!

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Thaddeus H, General Manager at Doubletree Hotel Atlanta/North Druid Hills, responded to this reviewResponded April 22, 2014

Hello Susan W,

I would like to thank you for having chosen the Doubletree by Hilton Atlanta-North Druid Hills for your recent stay and thank you for taking the time to find us on Trip Advisor.

You noted that your stay was noisy and I wanted to apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you. We are constantly trying to improve our hotel and any feedback we get helps us to achieve that goal.

I hope to be able to welcome you back with us again on a future trip to Atlanta. Upon that visit, please let me know beforehand so I can make sure you will have a most pleasant stay.

Reviewed April 20, 2014

The hotel has had a face lift since I last stayed in it about 4 years ago, and is in great shape. Very attentive staff. The location is great for convenience, though the hotel has no grounds to speak of, in a dense commercial area.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Thaddeus H, General Manager at Doubletree Hotel Atlanta/North Druid Hills, responded to this reviewResponded April 25, 2014

Hello RichardGayle,

We appreciate the time you took to find us on Trip Advisor and for you’re very positive response. I am very pleased to see that all our updates and services were to your satisfaction. Please be assured that your positive comments have already been shared with our team members.

Thaddeus Hobson

Also consider these accommodations in or near Atlanta
Buckhead
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Atlanta - Buckhead

Been to Doubletree Hotel Atlanta/North Druid Hills? Share your experiences!