“Druid Double Tree”

Doubletree Hotel Atlanta/North Druid Hills
Ranked #93 of 174 Hotels in Atlanta
Reviewed November 3, 2013

Very nice hotel, conveniently located. I found the room to be very clean and somewhat comfortable. I did have to have maintenance come "fix" my A/C as the room did not cool off at first.. but by morning,it was nice and cool. I would stay here again. I always like the Double Tree because they give alot of points for stays plus bonus points for eating at the restaurant and breakfast.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Thaddeus H, General Manager at Doubletree Hotel Atlanta/North Druid Hills, responded to this reviewResponded November 5, 2013

Hello Tricia J,

Thank you for having chosen the Doubletree by Hilton Atlanta-North Druid Hills for your recent stay and thank you for taking the time out to find us on Trip Advisor.

You noted that air conditioner needed additional repair and I wanted to apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you. We are constantly trying to improve our hotel and any feedback we get helps us to achieve that goal.

I hope to be able to welcome you back with us again on a future trip to Atlanta. Upon that visit, please let me know beforehand so I can make sure you will have a most pleasant stay.

If I can be of any assistance in the meantime, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Thaddeus Hobson

Write a ReviewReviews (1,005)

Reviewed November 3, 2013

Rooms were very nice, beds and pillows super comfortable. The common areas could use some upgrading; elevators, hallways. My only complaint is only Coffee Mate with coffee, some milk would be nice. Would stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Thaddeus H, General Manager at Doubletree Hotel Atlanta/North Druid Hills, responded to this reviewResponded November 4, 2013

Hello Elizabeth C,

You noted that the hotel is slightly dated and I wanted to apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you. We are constantly trying to improve our hotel and any feedback we get helps us to achieve that goal.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed November 1, 2013

Hard time cooling the room and had uncomfortable night, only to find out the whole building was without air due to tripping of the breaker. Joseph, front desk attendant, was very gracious and offered a discount. The pillows and mattresses were awesome, too!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family

Good Day A TripAdvisor Member,

You noted that the HVAC system failed and I wanted to apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you. We are constantly trying to improve our hotel and any feedback we get helps us to achieve that goal. I am glad Joseph took great care of you and made your experience right.

Reviewed October 31, 2013

Stayed over one night before a morning appointment at Emory. Staff was very friendly, very helpful. Place was refreshingly clean; this cleanliness has ensured that I will choose this hotel again. Ordered pesto chicken sandwich for room service; nice, but far too salty. Ate breakfast at the buffet; breakfast server was very friendly. I would have liked to order hot food (French toast), but I did not know how long it would take to be prepared (I was on a schedule) and I didn't know the options. Signature cookies were really great; the shuttle driver was very friendly, and he even gave me a couple extra cookies for the road home. Business center's automated system refused to print my document.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo

Hello E S,

I would like to thank you for having chosen the Doubletree by Hilton Atlanta Emory Area for your recent stay.

We appreciate the time you took to find us on Trip Advisor and for you’re very positive response. I am very pleased to see that Keith, our shuttle Driver, as well as all our services were to your satisfaction. Please be assured that your positive comments have already been shared with our team members.

I am looking forward to welcoming you back to the Doubletree by Hilton Atlanta-North Druid Hills on your next trip to the Atlanta area.

Reviewed October 31, 2013

Clean property, fun front desk staff, clean hotel room. Didn't eat there, so can't comment on restaurant. Unfortunately it was convene to my work location, but there literally was no where near Atlanta, or any other spot of interest.

Hello Thomas S,

We appreciate the time you took to find us on Trip Advisor and for you’re very positive response. I am very pleased to see that all our services were to your satisfaction and please be assured that your positive comments have already been shared with our team members.

I am looking forward to welcoming you back to the Doubletree by Hilton Atlanta-North Druid Hills as well as our restaurant on your next trip to the Atlanta area.

Reviewed October 30, 2013

I must say, this hotel is a pleasant surprise. I recently moved my company to Atlanta and was previously staying at the Town Suites around the corner from this hotel. Come November, I will no longer use the town suites as my staff's go-to hotel for one reason, and one reason only. That reason is a gentleman by the name of Erik Owes. A few weeks ago I received an email from a Erik Owes at the Doubletree introducing himself and welcoming my company to Atlanta. Although, I'm not sure how he found me and my company, but I was very impressed that Erik not only took the time to send this email, but also knew to congratulate me and my staff on recently being honored as one of the top ten leaders in our industry. I must admit, I was a tad bit leary of this hotel, but upon Erik reaching out to setup an appointment with me to showcase the doubletree, my opinion immediately changed and I made a reservation shortly after to test out this hotel. Erik ensured a stay that would exceed my expectations and that is exactly what happened. This alone is why I will no longer lodge my staff at town suites and will make sure we stay doubletree north druid each time. The entire staff here is wonderful, however Erik's efforts shown really standouts out from any customer service I've ever encountered within the last 10 yrs and I'm pretty old. LOL. I highly recommend this hotel to the tenth power

Again, this hotel maybe older, but the staff here is Golden!!!

Good Day RisherFamily,

I would like to thank you for making the change to the Doubletree by Hilton Atlanta Emory Area as your hotel destination.

We appreciate the time you took to find us on Trip Advisor and for you’re very positive response. I am very pleased to see that Eric as well as all our services were to your satisfaction and please be assured that your positive comments have already been shared with our team members.

Reviewed October 29, 2013

The highlights: all of the hotel staff (including the shuttle drivers) are very nice and helpful. They greet guests coming and going and arrange shuttle rides. The lowlites: this hotel is a bit tired and worn, confusing layout, highway noise is significant, no executive lounge, very few eating options nearby, and the shuttle only runs until 7pm.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Thaddeus H, General Manager at Doubletree Hotel Atlanta/North Druid Hills, responded to this reviewResponded October 30, 2013

Hello Daniel H,

Thank you for your comments and more importantly, for taking the time to find us on Trip Advisor in regards to your recent stay with us.

It always saddens me to hear such feedback as this is far from the image that we like to portray to guests like yourself. However, such feedback is also very important to us and I appreciate your comments.

I am sorry to hear that you were unable to enjoy your overall experience with us. I do apologize that The Doubletree by Hilton North Druid Hills did not meet your expectations and sincerely hope that we will have another occasion to rectify this for you.

I hope to be able to welcome you back with us again on a future trip to Atlanta. Upon that visit, please let me know beforehand so I can arrange upgraded services and make sure you will have a most pleasant stay.

Thaddeus Hobson

Also consider these accommodations in or near Atlanta
Buckhead
Courtyard Atlanta Buckhead
Courtyard Atlanta Buckhead
#90 of 174 in Atlanta
Buckhead
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Atlanta - Buckhead

Been to Doubletree Hotel Atlanta/North Druid Hills? Share your experiences!