“Comfortable stay, Great service”

Doubletree Hotel Atlanta/North Druid Hills
Ranked #96 of 173 Hotels in Atlanta
Reviewed October 10, 2013

We stayed two nights at this property. The fitness room was great (the equipment worked fine), the people who worked the service desk were all very polite and helpful. The shuttle driver really helped with directions (we needed it!). The location was perfect. Very comfortable beds. Room was very clean. I'd stay here again when I go back to Atlanta.

Room Tip: The whole property is designated non-smoking. :-)
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
Thaddeus H, General Manager at Doubletree Hotel Atlanta/North Druid Hills, responded to this reviewResponded October 11, 2013

Hello Amy B,

I would like to thank you for having chosen the Doubletree by Hilton Atlanta Emory Area for your recent stay.

We appreciate the time you took to find us on Trip Advisor and for you’re very positive response. I am very pleased to see that all service and staff were to your satisfaction. Please be assured that your positive comments have already been shared with our team members.

I am looking forward to welcoming you back to the Doubletree by Hilton Atlanta-North Druid Hills on your next trip to the Atlanta area.

Reviewed October 9, 2013

Request a room on the front of the hotel unless you are not a light sleeper... the highway is pretty noisy. This is my second stay here and overall the hotel and staff are very nice. There is a Mcdonalds right next door so it was very convenient to grabbing breakfast on the go. The front desk staff was super sweet and willing to help in any way. 2 thumbs up!!! I will definitely be back:)

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Thaddeus H, General Manager at Doubletree Hotel Atlanta/North Druid Hills, responded to this reviewResponded October 10, 2013

Good Day Christi1111,

We appreciate the time you took to find us on Trip Advisor and for you’re very positive response. I am very pleased to see that all our services as well as location were to your satisfaction and please be assured that your positive comments have already been shared with our team members.

Reviewed October 3, 2013

Very convenielt location, amazing staff and warm hospitality that truly makes you feel at home. Thank you for a memorable stay. The Manager Reception, not to be missed.; every Tuesday between 1800-1900; let alone the welcome "warm Cookie" upon check-in.

Room Tip: perhaps one would prefer tohave the room not on the highway side.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Thaddeus H, General Manager at Doubletree Hotel Atlanta/North Druid Hills, responded to this reviewResponded October 7, 2013

Hello RacyRas,

We appreciate the time you took to find us on Trip Advisor and for you’re very positive response. I am very pleased to see that all our services were to your satisfaction and please be assured that your positive comments have already been shared with our team members.

Reviewed October 1, 2013

Please don't stay here there are roaches in the room. It looked clean in the lobby and in the room but that morning I saw roaches scurrying through the room. I can't imagine how many were out while I was sleeping. If I had seen them at night I would have left.

1  Thank Larissa R
Thaddeus H, General Manager at Doubletree Hotel Atlanta/North Druid Hills, responded to this reviewResponded October 2, 2013

Good Day Ms. Larissa R,

I would like to thank you for having chosen the Doubletree by Hilton Atlanta-North Druid Hills for your recent stay and thank you for taking the time to find us on Trip Advisor.

You noted that you seen roaches crawling on the floor and I wanted to apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you. We are constantly trying to improve our hotel and any feedback we get helps us to achieve that goal. We have contacted our pest control company to handle this matter.

I hope to be able to welcome you back with us again on a future trip to Atlanta. Upon that visit, please let me know beforehand so I can make sure you will have a most pleasant stay.

If I can be of any assistance in the meantime, please do not hesitate to contact me.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed September 30, 2013

The Double Tree Hotel experience in the Druid location was very dissappointing. The hotel rooms had the stench of smoke and the furniture, appliances and bathroom fixtures are outdated, worn not always in working order. The shuttle service that is advertised is ONE van that ends service at 7 p.m. It was never available and when we finally got a chance to use it, we ended up with an hour's drive to a 5 minute location. By the way, it was not due to traffic, it was due to the multiple stops he made to pick up people and drop them off at another Double Tree location. It was horrible!!!

1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Hello TripAdvisor Member,

Thank you for your comments and more importantly, for taking the time to find us on Trip Advisor in regards to your recent stay with us.

It always saddens me to hear such feedback as this is far from the image that we like to portray to guests like yourself. However, such feedback is also very important to us and I appreciate your comments.

I am sorry to hear that you were disappointed in your stay with us. You also noted the shuttle service was taking longer that it should, I can assure you that these matters have been taken care of and shared with the correct departments.

I do apologize that The Doubletree by Hilton North Druid Hills did not meet your expectations and sincerely hope that we will have another occasion to rectify this for you.

I hope to be able to welcome you back with us again on a future trip to Atlanta. Upon that visit, please let me know beforehand so I can arrange upgraded services and make sure you will have a most pleasant stay.

Reviewed September 29, 2013

Stayed here for one night on Saturday, Sep. 28th. Check-in was quick and personnel was very nice. No complaints as far as staff is concerned. What we did notice was a musty smell upon entrance to our room. No big deal really, except there was some definite funk in the carpet. We got the occasional whiff of urine and what seemed to be spoiled milk. Not sure what happened here, but I would suggest the carpet be deep cleaned (Room 412, between the beds). Everything else was just fine. No hair dryer in the room, but that was taken care of rather quickly with one call to the front desk. Also, if you like silence when you sleep, try to get a room away from the interstate. It's loud and very noticeable. Friendly staff, just needs a little TLC on the cleaning duties.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the interstate.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Thaddeus H, General Manager at Doubletree Hotel Atlanta/North Druid Hills, responded to this reviewResponded September 30, 2013

Hello Leftaslide,

You noted that the carpet in your room was soiled, and I wanted to apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you. We are constantly trying to improve our hotel and any feedback we get helps us to achieve that goal.

Reviewed September 29, 2013

I traveled here for business and had a great experience between the room service, the fitness center, and the friendliness of the hotel staff. I have no complaints. All around pleasurable experience and would totally recommend this hotel. Thank you for your hospitality :)

Good Afternoon Danielle W,

Thaddeus Hobson

Also consider these accommodations in or near Atlanta
Hampton Inn Atlanta - North Druid Hills
Hampton Inn Atlanta - Buckhead
La Quinta Inn & Suites Atlanta Airport North
La Quinta Inn & Suites Atlanta Midtown - Buckhead
Courtyard Atlanta Executive Park/Emory
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Atlanta - Marietta

Been to Doubletree Hotel Atlanta/North Druid Hills? Share your experiences!