“Hotel Experience”

Ranked #101 of 173 Hotels in Atlanta
A TripAdvisor Member
“Hotel Experience”
Reviewed September 30, 2013

The Double Tree Hotel experience in the Druid location was very dissappointing. The hotel rooms had the stench of smoke and the furniture, appliances and bathroom fixtures are outdated, worn not always in working order. The shuttle service that is advertised is ONE van that ends service at 7 p.m. It was never available and when we finally got a chance to use it, we ended up with an hour's drive to a 5 minute location. By the way, it was not due to traffic, it was due to the multiple stops he made to pick up people and drop them off at another Double Tree location. It was horrible!!!

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Thaddeus H, General Manager at Doubletree Hotel Atlanta/North Druid Hills, responded to this review, October 2, 2013
Hello TripAdvisor Member,

Thank you for your comments and more importantly, for taking the time to find us on Trip Advisor in regards to your recent stay with us.

It always saddens me to hear such feedback as this is far from the image that we like to portray to guests like yourself. However, such feedback is also very important to us and I appreciate your comments.

I am sorry to hear that you were disappointed in your stay with us. You also noted the shuttle service was taking longer that it should, I can assure you that these matters have been taken care of and shared with the correct departments.

I do apologize that The Doubletree by Hilton North Druid Hills did not meet your expectations and sincerely hope that we will have another occasion to rectify this for you.

I hope to be able to welcome you back with us again on a future trip to Atlanta. Upon that visit, please let me know beforehand so I can arrange upgraded services and make sure you will have a most pleasant stay.

If I can be of any assistance in the meantime, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Thaddeus Hobson

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
Georgia
Reviewed September 29, 2013

Stayed here for one night on Saturday, Sep. 28th. Check-in was quick and personnel was very nice. No complaints as far as staff is concerned. What we did notice was a musty smell upon entrance to our room. No big deal really, except there was some definite funk in the carpet. We got the occasional whiff of urine and what seemed to be spoiled milk. Not sure what happened here, but I would suggest the carpet be deep cleaned (Room 412, between the beds). Everything else was just fine. No hair dryer in the room, but that was taken care of rather quickly with one call to the front desk. Also, if you like silence when you sleep, try to get a room away from the interstate. It's loud and very noticeable. Friendly staff, just needs a little TLC on the cleaning duties.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the interstate.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Thaddeus H, General Manager at Doubletree Hotel Atlanta/North Druid Hills, responded to this review, September 30, 2013
Hello Leftaslide,

I would like to thank you for having chosen the Doubletree by Hilton Atlanta-North Druid Hills for your recent stay and thank you for taking the time to find us on Trip Advisor.

You noted that the carpet in your room was soiled, and I wanted to apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you. We are constantly trying to improve our hotel and any feedback we get helps us to achieve that goal.

I hope to be able to welcome you back with us again on a future trip to Atlanta. Upon that visit, please let me know beforehand so I can make sure you will have a most pleasant stay.

Atlanta, United States
Reviewed September 29, 2013

I traveled here for business and had a great experience between the room service, the fitness center, and the friendliness of the hotel staff. I have no complaints. All around pleasurable experience and would totally recommend this hotel. Thank you for your hospitality :)

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thaddeus H, General Manager at Doubletree Hotel Atlanta/North Druid Hills, responded to this review, October 7, 2013
Good Afternoon Danielle W,

I would like to thank you for having chosen the Doubletree by Hilton Atlanta Emory Area for your recent stay.

We appreciate the time you took to find us on Trip Advisor and for you’re very positive response. I am very pleased to see that all our services were to your satisfaction and please be assured that your positive comments have already been shared with our team members.

I am looking forward to welcoming you back to the Doubletree by Hilton Atlanta-North Druid Hills on your next trip to the Atlanta area.

Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed September 27, 2013

Stayed at Doubletree Hotel in North Druid Hills Atlanta for a conference. The hotel is exactly what I expect in this level of a hotel, so I was quite satisfied (great place to come home to after a long days work). Curtains block out every inch of light for a great sleep, and the heating/cooling system in the room is very responsive. The hotel staff was always friendly and willing to help. If you ask them, they can drive you in their shuttle to areas close by (such as the Lenox Square Mall). My company rented several vans for transportation so traffic was not that much of an issue to get to the downtown area of Atlanta (HOV lanes) - There isn't much happening around the hotel so you need travel a bit by car to see anything. Overall great stay and great staff.

Hello LS058,

CINCINNATI, United States
Reviewed September 27, 2013

Upon arrival was greeted very friendly. Hotel Staff was also friendly and helpful. I would suggest that the restaurant and bar stay open for lunch and dinner. Love that parking was accessible and free! I missed telephone directory in hotel room. This hotel has great location, easy to travel out to other parts of the city. I always stay at this Double Tree when I visit Atlanta, love the place!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends

Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed September 26, 2013

The staff was very friendly and helpful. The rooms were clean and well kept. The restaurant staff was eager to help. The exercise room was well stocked with clean towels and the equipment was always clean. I would have given an excellent rating but there was a lot of highway noise at night with the rooms facing the highway.

Room Tip: Stay on the front side of the hotel for less highway noise.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Thaddeus H, General Manager at Doubletree Hotel Atlanta/North Druid Hills, responded to this review, September 27, 2013
Good Day Tom C,

Druid Hills Atlanta, United States
Reviewed September 24, 2013

The room I had possessed a stale and stuffy odor! It was clean, but smelled terrible. Everything needs to be cleaned, including carpet, drapes, windows, walls, bedding and furniture. Spraying will not be enough!

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thaddeus H, General Manager at Doubletree Hotel Atlanta/North Druid Hills, responded to this review, September 26, 2013
Hello Ms. Judith P,

I would like to thank you for having chosen the DoubleTree by Hilton Atlanta-North Druid Hills for your recent stay and thank you for taking the time to find us on Trip Advisor.

You noted that the room had a stale & stuffy odor and I wanted to apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you. We are constantly trying to improve our hotel and any feedback we get helps us to achieve that goal.

Thaddeus Hobson
Also consider these accommodations in or near Atlanta
Hampton Inn Atlanta - North Druid Hills
Courtyard Atlanta Executive Park/Emory
Red Roof Plus+ Atlanta - Buckhead
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Atlanta - Northlake
La Quinta Inn Atlanta Midtown/Buckhead
Atlanta Marriott Century Center/Emory Area

Been to Doubletree Hotel Atlanta/North Druid Hills? Share your experiences!